Warranty Voids?

• Does anybody know if adding aftermarket lights will void factory warranty? For example, I want to add a brake light modulator and eventually upgrade to LED headlights.

I ask because a buddy of mine bought a bunch of aftermarket lighting for his Spyder and brought it to the Can Am dealer for installation and they told him that it would void his warranty. I was just wondering if Polaris was the same....:?:

• They are a big company with lots of lawyers. The question you have to answer is are you willing to take the chance? A lot would depend on your dealer and what they report. I must admit, I held off on some things until after the warranty period was over. Your other option would be to remove the mods before you take it in.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Does anybody know if adding aftermarket lights will void factory warranty? For example, I want to add a brake light modulator and eventually upgrade to LED headlights.

I ask because a buddy of mine bought a bunch of aftermarket lighting for his Spyder and brought it to the Can Am dealer for installation and they told him that it would void his warranty. I was just wondering if Polaris was the same....:?:

Might a good idea to check with the dealer. My experience with warrantee's regardless of the company is talk to the delear first and have them do the install if they give the OK. That being said anything above standard maintenance I will take to the delear. "Authorized delear/repair facility" carries some weight. I would also recommend that if doing any standard maintenance to save the receipts for things like oil & filters and document in the maintenance schedule.

Bigger question might be what's it worth to you?

• Definitely check with your dealer to see how flexible they might be. If they install something, they should do a better job with warranty issues. Polaris will try to blame any warranty problems on aftermarket accessories if they feel they can get away with it.

Legally nothing can void the manufacturer warranty unless the aftermarket mod is the cause of failure due to MM act of 197x.

The question is how much hassle are you willing to endure to fight them when they try to pull a fast one.

Extended warranties can be voided for just about any reason they choose with very little you can do which is why people say if to avoid extended warranties altogether.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Legally nothing can void the manufacturer warranty unless the aftermarket mod is the cause of failure due to MM act of 197x.

The question is how much hassle are you willing to endure to fight them when they try to pull a fast one.

Extended warranties can be voided for just about any reason they choose with very little you can do which is why people say if to avoid extended warranties altogether.

Probably less of a problem with a Polaris extended warrantee... Little pricey but the dealers do have a wide range in what they can sell it for.

• With most dealers just asking if something will void the warranty will void the warranty....:)

We had a good laugh while once chatting with the service writer of our dealer where he informed us much of their business in the shop was repairing customers DYI modifications. Where, of course, the customer would absolutely deny any responsibility of creating any of the problems themselves and something else had to be the fault!

More seriously, over our four years of reading other owners woes I have become very gun-shy to where either the SlingShots electrical system appears to be very touchy to aftermarket modifications, or where the aftermarket modification itself has created issues.

Bill

• I say it depends on what gets screwed up. If the wiring harness fry's you voided the warranty. If you blow a fuse you didn’t. J

Judgement call by the dealer and if they submit it to Polaris it’s their call.

Everyone of us has made lighting and mechanical upgrades and changes to our SS.....

Anything you do to change the vehicle from how it came from the factory subjects you to an excuse to void your warranty...

Remember they have the final word on it....not you...