Windshield Maintenance

• What do you guys and gals use to remove bugs and road grime on your SS windshield? I have heard that windex was not a perfered product to use.

:SUNSETSS:

Do NOT use any product that has ammonia … I generally use 'Glass Plus' to get the bugs off and than F4 Customs windshield cleaner. Sometimes Plexus...

• Honda spray wax and cleaner.....Been using it since the 70's..

It also go under the name ; Original Bike Spirits spray cleaner and wax /Polish..This way the Harley dealers can sell it to their kool-aid crowd without insulting their insecure customers..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Honda spray wax and cleaner.....Been using it since the 70's..

It also go under the name ; Original Bike Spirits spray cleaner and wax /Polish..This way the Harley dealers can sell it to their kool-aid crowd without insulting their insecure customers..

I have owned/rode all types of bikes from most manufactures (more than I care to list) to include four Hondas. VFR 750 interceptor, two Nighthawks & a 750 Magma. All great bikes, loved them. Have owned Harleys too. Loved them. If only I had more money, I'd buy them all. Never made any choice according to a dealer or any other influence,

If I had a garage filled with a Lexus, Corvette, and a 57 Chevy I would chose each at different times. My most chosen ride would be the 57 Chevy, not the smoothest, fastest or most comfortable but a whole lot of fun! They all are.

• I have owned/rode all types of bikes from most manufactures (more than I care to list) to include four Hondas. VFR 750 interceptor, two Nighthawks & a 750 Magma. All great bikes, loved them. Have owned Harleys too. Loved them. If only I had more money, I'd buy them all. Never made any choice according to a dealer or any other influence,

If I had a garage filled with a Lexus, Corvette, and a 57 Chevy I would chose each at different times. My most chosen ride would be the 57 Chevy, not the smoothest, fastest or most comfortable but a whole lot of fun! They all are.

Growing up the family 'car' was a 57 Chevy Station Wagon.... Did get to use it from time to time for dates.

• Don't think so... Couple of the local farm boys had new convertibles. Our wagon was Robin egg blue four door.

I love those older cars. Step on the gas, a pause the engine would take a big gulp of air, then Wa-Wah pull like a tractor. My dad had a 1970 Ford Country Squire station wagon complete with fake wood panel decal down the side. Yea, yours was much cooler!

• My daily driver for my Business.... 85 Merc

Been driving this type of machine so long I'm
    known as the Station Wagon Painter...
    residential painting contractor...

That is way too cool! I can see the shift on the column, High/low beam push button on the floor, Does it have a push button radio! Had a Mercury Lincoln with a 8 ft hood or so it seemed.

• I use Brillianize plastic cleaner and polish which I get from Tap Plastic store or Amazon. Has been working great.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Just use anything that states it's safe for Plexiglass. SC Johnson does NOT recommend pledge for plexi. I've seen aircraft owners that have sworn by it, however in some cases their windscreens seemed hazy and others had quite a few superficial scratches. I'd avoid it. For a few bucks more you can get a cleaner made specifically for plexi that will probably last for a year.

• I bought a can of Plexus plastic cleaner at the local Harley dealer shortly after buying my Slingshot - its a bit over priced, but it works

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just use anything that states it's safe for Plexiglass. SC Johnson does NOT recommend pledge for plexi.

Interesting:

From the J&J website: https://www.pledge.com/en-us/p…enhancing-polish#surfaces

Oh, and every aircraft owner also knows that you are suppose to use copious amounts of water first to get any grit off of the windshield, (which is what causes the scratches), first, before using a polish, do they not?

Bill