New larger MeanSling travel bag ... Design input needed

• Its time to look at a new companion bag design for the weather resistant hoop bags. The hoop bags do a great job and cannot be beat for function and price point but sometimes you need to take a bit more on those long trips. Looking for feedback as to what the SlingShot owner is looking for. I have a new design that I'm working on and would like to see if I'm heading down the correct path. This design will be a step or two up in material than the hoop bags so price point is important but may not be the driver on this product. Thanks guys and gals.:thumbsup:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• How about better designed bag that fits in the rear storage compartments. something with better compartments for different items

Take that bag out and clip the rear roll bags to it to carry into a hotel - should be able to more than double the storage space between the 2.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I just bought 2 ea. 12 x 21 inch (Sissy Bar) tube bags last bike week in Myrtle Beach. I am thinking just a step up in size will work for those that need just a little more room Ruptured Duck. Some people like to take the kitchen sink with them.

So it looks like you are wanting a place to pack your hair drier and dancin shoes..........

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Im thinking of a spot more out of the way. Larger single bag that when removed puts the SlingShot back to the OE look. For reasons mentioned the hoops are covered. I have debated offering an upgrade hoop bag, but if it ain't broke why offer a more expensive option that does the same thing.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• wait till you see where I put my Meansling bags. Hope to start that project next week. I'm putting them under the tail lights. The piece on the left mounts to the sling and the piece on the right mounts to the bags. Pull the pin and it will release. I need to make something to transition from the bags to the V mount. I got a couple ideas that I hope to try this weekend.

• wait till you see where I put my Meansling bags. Hope to start that project next week. I'm putting them under the tail lights. The piece on the left mounts to the sling and the piece on the right mounts to the bags. Pull the pin and it will release. I need to make something to transition from the bags to the V mount. I got a couple ideas that I hope to try this weekend.

Dean, can't wait to see it! 👍👍👍

• Ruptured Duck , a couple ideas from the peanut gallery.

- more easily carried, like a shoulder strap

- inner compartments, divided and perhaps adjustable size?

- more structure to the bag, like a stiffer material or some ribbing. Obviously, that depends on where you put it.

Just thoughts. Can't wait to see!

Wow... Very nice and very creative.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• KayTwo this one's a ways out but yes to most of your points. The hoop bags are as simple a take on quick to go bags you can make at a good price. They help lend credibility to future MeanSling bags... I hope.

Shatneyman really looking to see what you end up with. The hard part for me, is to come up with a solid way to mount that will not allow grit and dirt to cause rubbing and scratching. I would look into that if placed in the rear near the tire where a lot of road spray will get between the bags and the body.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Shatneyman really looking to see what you end up with. The hard part for me, is to come up with a solid way to mount that will not allow grit and dirt to cause rubbing and scratching. I would look into that if placed in the rear near the tire where a lot of road spray will get between the bags and the body.

I agree, I had saddlebags back there before I mounted my hitch. Anything you put back there will get road spray and dirt. I'm going to cut a piece of 1/8" ABS plastic with a curve in it, to match the bags, have the velcro straps hook on that and mount the ABS plastic to the V mount. I'm no expert or engineer so it's a matter of trial and error

• I agree, I had saddlebags back there before I mounted my hitch. Anything you put back there will get road spray and dirt. I'm going to cut a piece of 1/8" ABS plastic with a curve in it, to match the bags, have the velcro straps hook on that and mount the ABS plastic to the V mount. I'm no expert or engineer so it's a matter of trial and error

Shatneyman don't be fooled. Trial and error is what it's all about. Anyone who tells you otherwise is not an engineer or a so-called expert. Many here will argue who and what you are including myself.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I agree, I had saddlebags back there before I mounted my hitch. Anything you put back there will get road spray and dirt. I'm going to cut a piece of 1/8" ABS plastic with a curve in it, to match the bags, have the velcro straps hook on that and mount the ABS plastic to the V mount. I'm no expert or engineer so it's a matter of trial and error

I had saddle bags for years until i started going to Weight Watchers 8)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Can’t wait to see this.....