Discount off MSRP - 2018 0r 2019 SLR

• Hi Everyone,

I currently own a 2016.5 SL with 4,300 miles. In terms of Mods, I have a few and I know they don't add much to the value. I have;

Wing

Lots of LEDs

Extended battery terminals

Hidden Whistler radar detector

Always on rear cam

Paramount 2.0 fender

Fuse box

Mats

Mint condition, dealer serviced and up to date. Always garaged, never driven in the rain

I have a bug to upgrade to either a 2018 or 2019 SLR with Bilstein shocks. The promotion on a18 is 2.99% for 60 months, 5 year "limited warranty" or $2,000 rebate.

The MSRP with the shocks is just under $32K.

My question is what is a realistic price? How much of a discount off the msrp should I expect?

Thanks for the guidance.

Ride safe,

Barry

• Why don't you just add a shock package of your liking to the Slingshot that you have. You will more that likely come out a whole lot cheaper and have what you want.

• I put a new set of shocks on my Slingshot last year. I went with JRI --- about $1,400.00 if I remember right. The extended warrantee can be obtained from a dealer for under $1,000.00. Your current Slingshot is like brand new with only 4,300 miles --- Trade-in might get $12,000.00 Do you have pictures? Probably sell better here.

• Let's see, you may get $15,000 on the open market for your 2016.5 today, a what, $10,000 dollar loss over what you paid for it new? The SlingShot that you are planning on replacing it with is an additional $17,000 dollars + the $10,000 loss = an additional $27,000 and we are yet to add the mods replacements? On top of that you will already loose an additional $2-$3,000 as soon as you ride it off of the lot. $30,000 is a lot of money for upgraded shocks, I think Funcycle has the best recommendation! :thumbsup:

Bill

• Noted- & thanks,

But I want new seats, steering wheel plus the shocks.

I'm on the fence since I've seen brand new 2018 SLR on ebay from a Polaris dealer in the $25K price range.

As I said, its a bug. I probably wont do it but at 2.99% interest, it got me thinking

• He mods you are yalking about are only about 2 grand or so. Id just go ahead and order 'em. Be money ahead.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I have a 2015 with close to $10,000 in upgrades without changing the seats and steering wheel. I’ll never get my money out of it....it’s going to be upside down in value until the day it’s paid off...

I think the new ones are way over priced...

With such low mileage on yours......take into consideration how much time you actually have to drive it....right now it sounds like not much....

Craigslist and other places have tons of low mileage SS and Harley’s for sale because people don’t have the time to make it worth owning...paying for a dead horse.

You can look at them all pretty sitting in the garage or you can drive the crap out of them...but you need the time to do it.

• I say it's your money and you should spend it in whatever way makes you happy. One advantage of working hard and earning discretionary income is indulging yourself. It doesn't have to make sense to the masses. It doesn't have to 'pencil out'. It just has to be what you want to do. Hell, it doesn't even have to please your wife - says the guy with too many vehicles that's shopping for a terribly impractical Corvette. It's all about the ride through life. Enjoy yours!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)