$1000 for Slingshot upgrades

• Thanks Bro. Still holdin some Crater Lake Root Beer for you - it is aged now for sure. Doing well - able to go short distances without a cane and today was the first day to climb in and out my Sling - my mount and dismount ain’t too pretty but comfortable once I get in - but my bride’s been tellin me that for 35 years:00008172:

Looking forward to see you again soon brother....

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yes Sir - me and my bride will be there with bells on

Boomer has a room saved for me at the Best Western... Georgia and I will be in on Tue. (going to trailer the Sling so Georgia can come down with me. She live in the Hill Country before Ej... Looking forward to seeing you and Angie...

• i also have the GT's which are pre-tuned and can only be adjusted for height but come ready to go and I didn't touch the settings. The best buy I can find right now is on the DDM's at SlingMods. $100 off

https://www.slingmods.com/pola…lovers-ddmworks?vehicle=3

the best buy I can find is always those best sale prices matched . plus an additional 5% back in points, ALWAYS! Check out our Price Match Guarantee, We Will Not Be Undersold !!

• Curious to know how long you're l Oem brakes lasted. I have 66,000 miles on my 2015 and the pads are still good. I make sure the mechanic double-checks them when I get inspected on a yearly basis and so far they don't need to be changed. I was thinking about upgrading my brakes to Wilwood but I'll try the hawk brake pads first. 3,595 price at slingmods seems really high when I can get the fronts for 1,595. I understand most breaking power comes from the front according to what I was told by seller.

• Curious to know how long you're l Oem brakes lasted. I have 66,000 miles on my 2015 and the pads are still good. I make sure the mechanic double-checks them when I get inspected on a yearly basis and so far they don't need to be changed. I was thinking about upgrading my brakes to Wilwood but I'll try the hawk brake pads first. 3,595 price at slingmods seems really high when I can get the fronts for 1,595. I understand most breaking power comes from the front according to what I was told by seller.

I only have about 7000 miles on my SS but I do auto x, 1/4 and 1/2mi races so my brakes get beat up. The stock ones were not in bad shape but they just suck. We sell the Hawk 5.0 Street Pads in sets of 3 for $110. I think that is the lowest you'll find. They are in stock and ready to ship. You can find them here https://zzperformance.com/coll…roducts/hawk-brake-pads-2

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Driving Sling II yesterday as compared with the Hawk 5.0 pads on Sling I. Sling II has no brakes. The very first mod will be to install the new set of Hawk 5.0 pads that I just happen to have.

• Did you change your own pads? If so, how hard was it to bleed the brakes?

If you change the pads no need to bleed the brakes, you will probably have to take some fluid out. The only one that may give you a problem will be the rear. If and when you cannot find in the DIY, I will send you a message on how to change them. If you are mechanical it should take maybe one hour to change them out if you have the tools. NIGHT and DAY difference

• Did you change your own pads? If so, how hard was it to bleed the brakes?

As Funcycle said you will not have to bleed the brakes just changing the pads. It is really easy. You'll need to compress the pistons on the calipers. On the fronts you can use a standard piston compressor or a C clamp. The rear caliper you will notice has 4 small indentations on the piston. These rotate as you compress the piston and require a special tool which you can rent from any NAPA or Autozone. Or just bring it to ZZP and I'll do it for you. :thumbsup:

• doesnt do much for you if 90+ percent of your driving is in the day

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• As Funcycle said you will not have to bleed the brakes just changing the pads. It is really easy. You'll need to compress the pistons on the calipers. On the fronts you can use a standard piston compressor or a C clamp. The rear caliper you will notice has 4 small indentations on the piston. These rotate as you compress the piston and require a special tool which you can rent from any NAPA or Autozone. Or just bring it to ZZP and I'll do it for you. :thumbsup:

You can also rotate the piston with needle nose, while applying very VERY little down pressure. DO NOT USE A C-CLAMP ON THE REAR YOU WILL PROBABLY DO DAMAGE TO THE CALIPHER ASSY.

• Driving Sling II yesterday as compared with the Hawk 5.0 pads on Sling I. Sling II has no brakes. The very first mod will be to install the new set of Hawk 5.0 pads that I just happen to have.

What you talking about FunCycle , you don’t use the brakes anyway! Why worry?

Really have a great time in playroom changing all but don’t forget to go ride and clear you head for new ideas.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• As Funcycle said you will not have to bleed the brakes just changing the pads. It is really easy. You'll need to compress the pistons on the calipers. On the fronts you can use a standard piston compressor or a C clamp. The rear caliper you will notice has 4 small indentations on the piston. These rotate as you compress the piston and require a special tool which you can rent from any NAPA or Autozone. Or just bring it to ZZP and I'll do it for you. :thumbsup:

I think you guys need to open a southern California facility so that I could take advantage of your awesome generosity - unfortunately being California installing most of the great things I would want would probably be against some stupid State law ;(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• What you talking about FunCycle , you don’t use the brakes anyway! Why worry?

Really have a great time in playroom changing all but don’t forget to go ride and clear you head for new ideas.

JUST SAYIN

That is why it is a winter time project. As soon as I get the room , the JRI's will be sent out for a rebuild. One or the other I will be able to ride all winter anyway, I am not going to be without an SS.

• I think you guys need to open a southern California facility so that I could take advantage of your awesome generosity - unfortunately being California installing most of the great things I would want would probably be against some stupid State law ;(

I lived in Los Angeles for 8 years and there were a lot of stupid vehicle laws then. Luckily the laws were more lax and you could pay shops to sign off on your illegal mod cars. But that was about 18 years, 2 states, 4 cities, and 2 countries ago. I would go back to SoCal. I liked it out there aside from all the traffic in and around LA. If ZZP did a satellite location in warmer climates, we have looked at the Carolinas, TN, TX, and Northern FL. And you can bet your ass I'll be on the first truck headed in that direction. MI on a whole is a great state but, while I love to go snowboarding, you can take trips to do that where in MI you're just forced to live in multiple feet of snow for nearly 6mo of the year and your summers are MAYBE 3 months long.