$1000 for Slingshot upgrades

• doesnt do much for you if 90+ percent of your driving is in the day

They invented daytime driving lights for safety reasons....so other drivers can see you better....

I was behind somebody the other day with a real fancy car....don’t know the male, don’t car....had an exhaust coming out under the license plate....

I’m pretty sure since he had a black convertible he had to put tinted lens covers over the back lights....the car designers wanted to be real cute with their design....the brake lights were so small they were barely visible. I’m predicting many rear end crashes for that guy because of it.

I want to be seen loud and clear in the daytime or night time....and coincidentally Polaris thought is was a good idea because our lights are always on....there isn’t even a switch to turn them off.

I’ve also seen cars on the road in the very early morning or between dusk and dark without headlights on....they were practically invisible.....even worse in the rain.

If you ask ninety percent of the drivers that hit someone they will tell you “I didn’t see them”.

I can’t even count how many joggers or walkers or bicyclists I didn’t see along side the road because of dark clothing or no lights. Understand most people are idiots that think looking cool over rides any thoughts of being safe. They assume they can be seen. Well I’m telling you they can not be seen very easily. Between not being seen because of inappropriate clothing, no lights or the driver texting....you’re always a target for being hit by someone. Running with lights on is for your benefit to help other drivers see you.

I would never consider running my SS without day light running lights.....in-fact the outer headlights are called daytime running lights. Or any motorcycle. Most cycles now have very bright lights constantly on.

• A while ago i was at an intersection making a left turn...

It was raining heavy , As i was waiting for a row of oncoming cars to pass, Some nimrod in the pack didn't have any lights on...I almost pulled in front of him thinking there was a big gap in the the line of cars he was almost invisible ....

In Jersey the law is ; Wipers on' Lights on!...And for good reason..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Hey - Im all for good day time running lights - just so long as they are legal - in California its against the law to drive with aftermarket lights on if they are installed within 12 inches of any of the legally required stock lights

this kind of makes all of the led halos and eyebrows pointless except for show when you are parked - - they won't make very good daytime running lights if they cant be turned on without me getting pulled over

but then again I have told you this before

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• "California law allows additional aftermarket vehicle lighting which includes neon underglow. In California neon underglow is legal, as long as you follow these restrictions:

• Red color may not be visible from the front of the car
    • No flashing lights are permitted
    • Underglow must not emit more than 0.05 candela per square inch
    • All aftermarket lights must not be installed within 12 inches of vehicle’s required lights

We also highly recommend avoiding blue, red and green colors on any aftermarket lights including underbody glow, as these colors are typically used on emergency vehicles."

So Bigdog where would you suggest I install extra daytime running lights that is not within 12 inches of any of my factory lights?

• "California law allows additional aftermarket vehicle lighting which includes neon underglow. In California neon underglow is legal, as long as you follow these restrictions:

• Red color may not be visible from the front of the car
    • No flashing lights are permitted
    • Underglow must not emit more than 0.05 candela per square inch
    • All aftermarket lights must not be installed within 12 inches of vehicle’s required lights

We also highly recommend avoiding blue, red and green colors on any aftermarket lights including underbody glow, as these colors are typically used on emergency vehicles."

So Bigdog where would you suggest I install extra daytime running lights that is not within 12 inches of any of my factory lights?

A retiree could have a ball with this...

A little deeper delving into the light laws would be required...

But, a retiree could have a lot of fun with legal light mods.

Just think of all the LEO's that would have the opportunity to use that equipment provided by insurance companies.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Edited once, last by airoutlaw ().

• ."...and coincidentally Polaris thought is was a good idea because our lights are always on....there isn’t even a switch to turn them off."

It's manufactured to motorcycle standards. Headlights always on is required, not a thought Polaris had.

My running lights are ok.

• ."...and coincidentally Polaris thought is was a good idea because our lights are always on....there isn’t even a switch to turn them off."

It's manufactured to motorcycle standards. Headlights always on is required, not a thought Polaris had.

My running lights are ok.

Yep - I dont know about other States, but in CA motorcycles must have lights on all the time when on the road

oh - and I like your fog lights :thumbsup:

• Gerald, did you burn off the remaining tread of your 555 G2's yesterday?

No, I only carried it in case I had to have a tire. No traction on that Nitto 555 G2. I have spent the last 3 months trying to wear it out and it still has the full thread. I will probably just throw the NITTO away at some point it is not a tire that I want on the back of my Sling.

• No, I only carried it in case I had to have a tire. No traction on that Nitto 555 G2. I have spent the last 3 months trying to wear it out and it still has the full thread. I will probably just throw the NITTO away at some point it is not a tire that I want on the back of my Sling.

the traction is a bad thing but the tread wear is a good thing...