Hole cover (post side exhaust)

• Has anyone come up with a decent looking cover for the hole left after swapping out a side exhaust? I'm getting front fenders and when I change out my exhaust the hole is going to be very noticeable.

• Well, I decided to remove my exhaust tip to determine the source of a rattle and melted mine down on the inside so now it needs replaced whether I change from the side exit or not. The rocker panel is $153 on Cheap Cycle Parts plus $20 worth of foam. Not horrible. Maybe if I stay with the side exit, I could take yours and you order a new one, and we share the cost. But I have to decide what I'm going with. I don't want a rear exit and I'm not happy with the downward exit of the stock exhaust. I really like the side exit for clearing fumes and sound but my only 2 options appear to be the Welter which exits the same as the Alpha or the Bassani which uses a different exit point that I don't like as well. Both have a fairly high cost. Maybe ZZ Performance would develop a side exit using the Alpha hole and that would bolt up to the Alpha or 1320 headers that many, including me, already have. What say you Kyle D ?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Maybe ZZ Performance would develop a side exit using the Alpha hole and that would bolt up to the Alpha or 1320 headers that many, including me, already have. What say you Kyle D ?

I would first need pics emailed to me of the Alpha system and where everything is located on both sides of the rocker panel and I would be more than happy to take it to the Fab guys and higher ups to see if that is something they would want to take on. If you would like you can email me the pics directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Has anyone come up with a decent looking cover for the hole left after swapping out a side exhaust? I'm getting front fenders and when I change out my exhaust the hole is going to be very noticeable.

OK I found it - here is what I did to patch mine

What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I just ordered a replacement panel. It was like $150.00 but it's back to stock appearance now. I kept looking for a non damaged one on eBay until i said the heck with it and bought new

I'd probably have to order both sides to get them to match. Four years of weathering shows it's age.

• I'd like a side exhaust to go with my Hahn Turbo kit, but i"m concerned Hahn's side exhaust might be louder than their Street Race exhaust I now have since the side exhaust looks to have a shorter muffler.

I like the looks of side pipes, but don't want to deal with the routing issues involved with a dual side pipes setup on the Slingshot, so I'm considering buying a dual side pipes kit and just installing one pipe/muffler running along the bottom of the passenger-side. I guess I could then save the other muffler as a replacement or EBay it.

Edited once, last by BKL ().