Greetings from Central Pennsylvania

• New to the site and the Slingshot world...........2 was getting too crazy, so it on to three.

The Harley's/Spyder are gone and now the Slingshot occupies the stable.

Just wanted to join up to say Hi and begin reading and learning from the experience base here, we have an 18 SLR with no more miles than it took to get home from the Dealership.

So...............Let the fun begin! Some of the Mods I'd first like to pull off is a rear fender, not sure how I want to approach it as everything I see is an arm and a leg in price. From there front lighting Canadian Dual headlights and LED's (upper/lower brows). From there, who knows.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant, I'll be ghosting around trying to cram in as must info as possible before Spring breaks here and my Honey and I are enjoying our new Toy.

• Welcome Strut61 to the family, as you will see everyone on here has probably put almost as much money into modifications as they have put into the purchase of the sling itself. I fortunately have only half the sale price so far lol. The rear fender is what I am currently looking for also, the cheapest one that I can find that will fit my 305 22 x 10.5 is right around 800 and I don't want to pay that. so still looking. Good luck and as they stated before me, there is a ton of great advice and help on this forum. Some extremely knowledgeable and very helpful bunch.

• Yeah Right........Coming from the Harley world where everything is also expensive, I can only imagine. I've looked around also and like you, don't have the desire to spend $800 on a fender. If I can't find something reasonable, I'll figure it out and just make one. Having been a welder and backyard fabricator my whole life, I'm sure something will come up. :0)

• Yeah Right........Coming from the Harley world where everything is also expensive, I can only imagine. I've looked around also and like you, don't have the desire to spend $800 on a fender. If I can't find something reasonable, I'll figure it out and just make one. Having been a welder and backyard fabricator my whole life, I'm sure something will come up. :0)

I will say the closest that I have come is by a company called over armour offroad. they make a 305 that is $676. So still not far from the $800 lol. If you can make them and cheaper. maybe you can set up a business and make some money for yourself on the side. There are a ton of people here that I am positive would be very interested. Myself included.

• One run we are making is to Ocean City MD in Sept for “Bike” week. Been attending for quite a few years, don’t plan on stopping now.

I’ve seen posts on Maggie Valley and that looks awesome!

Our “First Mod” is trading our 12’ enclosed trailer for a 8.5X20’ . Long runs with the Slingshot in the presents of Texting Car drivers just doesn’t sound like fun and one of the reasons we got rid of the bikes.

So, our un-named Slingshot will be a trailer queen for those distant get aways.

• lol, furthest that I have driven my sling is about 5 hours one way. I love it because it is a fairly good size, I only get forced over half the time I did on 2 wheels lol. still get into situations where people don't see me due to sitting lower than the normal car / SUV. But the sling is agile and able to quickly maneuver through traffic. We aren't that far from Ocean city ourselves, might have to look into that ride also.

• Yeah, I looked at these, Thanks. Its not "what" I'm looking for. I'd prefer a fender that wraps the wheel more on the front as to not beat up the back of the Sled.

I've seen several I like, but the price tag that goes along with them is a turn off. Also there is a Fella out there that Powder coats (to your color) a piece of either Diamond plate Aluminum or sheet steel that gets positioned directly in front of the rear wheel.....Kinda looks cool and adds some color to that area but again.....not what I'm looking for. Just picky I guess.....

• Not that I can see where this is easily doable, but.......My favor is, like I'd done with my Harley's, kind of a Nostalgic 50's look.

I can stare at the Sling for Hours and can't see where I'm going to be able to bring that look out.

Wait didn't back to the future take place in the 50's ?

They had a Delorion - I am sure you can make it work.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Wait didn't back to the future take place in the 50's ?

They had a Delorion - I am sure you can make it work.

Cousin in Veins, FL has a Delorion he bought new in 1983 (??) sitting in the garage. He does drive it enough to keep it moving. He thinks the Slingshot is more fun to drive.

• Not that I can see where this is easily doable, but.......My favor is, like I'd done with my Harley's, kind of a Nostalgic 50's look.

I can stare at the Sling for Hours and can't see where I'm going to be able to bring that look out.

Hello Strut61,

Beautiful bike, I grew up in your area (Now in south Jersey). Thought I knew that covered bridge in your picture. In fact I just got back from a visit to Selinsgrove today! Bought my first Harley from Vreeland's. Not sure if they are still there? Its been many years since I went to that shop. Love the nostalgic look also. I had a beautiful Softail Deluxe that I set up with beach bars, nostalgic grips, spring seat Etc. but life trended me to the slingshot. I love it! I plan on attending the Slingshots in the Poconos this summer.

Enjoy the ride! Lots of nice, helpful people in this community. EJ (above is just one of them).

Frankie55