SlingShot fatality in Baton Rouge

• RIP fellow slinger.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Hate to read about any motorcycle accidents. Clearly a T-bone crash. The damage to the Slingshot makes me wonder how fast the SUV was traveling. Given the amount of frame damage, I don't know if a seat-belt would have made any difference. A sad outcome.

• Sad news.

I don’t know the cause (who was at fault) but...

This is why I’ve added extra lighting (higher visibility) and I always wear a seat belt and helmet. There is no such thing as being too safe...

Our frame is a light gauge tubing to keep the weight down. Remember there have not been any safety crash tests that we know off. We should probably drive like it’s a two wheeler and we are exposed to the same dangers and injuries in a crash.

• Ok, I've been debating about posting this. It's just my opinion, but you know everyone has one.

I was also in a crash where the SS looked very similar. I was wearing seat belts but no helmet and I survived. Yes, I was hurt by the seatbelts in the SS, but I'm sure much less then I would have been hurt by the steering wheel, dash, etc.

I am not saying that this person would have survived either way, but I am very confident in the crash protection the SS and frame provided. It did exactly it's job and protected myself and any possible passenger. It may not have been subject to the same crash tests as a regular car, but it certainly didn't do any worse and I am confident in it protecting me. (I did add 4-point seatbelts in the new SS just because I felt that the stock 3-points provided only minimally required protection and I wanted more.)

• Every crash is going to have different circumstances, like speed and angle of the impact, safety equipment employed and such.....I did see the video of the SS roll over which gave me confidence in the hoops. Having any type of frame around us is better than none. It’s all going to come down to luck..