Slingshots Uncorked 2019 (Fri, Apr 12th 2019, 11:48 pm - Sun, Apr 14th 2019, 12:48 am)

Date

Slingshots Uncorked 2019

Fri, Apr 12th 2019, 10:48 pm - Sat, Apr 13th 2019, 11:48 pm

103 2nd St, Clarksville, VA 23927

Participants

22 participants, 40 undecided and 3 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 5th 2019, 10:57 pm
  • Just rolled into town. See you guys at Brewers at 12. I left my phone at home. Uggggghhhhh. Can anybody hear me???? Lol!!!!. If anything changes could someone text Denise? Not Mitch I'm sure but maybe somebody standing near him. 276 608 2820

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Thank you Mitch for another great weekend in Clarksville. We may have had some rain to deal with, but we were all together again. Everyone from the Virginia Beach Crew has arrived home safely.

Great to hear everyone that traveled today made it home safely. Think we still need to hear from Tim in Bristol, Tenn.

• Mitch & Colette, another great event. Undaunted made fun of hunt and photo at legs (world famous landmark) Granted rain kept us from opening lots of corks, friends however made the day. Tornado watch here but no rain on trip home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Just walked in the door. Pouring here. Thanks Mitch and Colette. Once again you folks put on a great event. Thanks to all my Slingshot family for making it such an enjoyable experience. You folks are all a first class bunch (before you think it, I haven't opened a beer yet). Looking forward to Maggie Valley.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Hey Gang

Colette and I would like to thank you all for making the trip. A true bunch of diehard slingers. Nothing stops you guys. I am sure once everyone settles in we will get some photos posted of the Scavenger Hunt on Friday. Yes folks these lunatics spent 2 hours in the rain on a scavenger hunt challenge. The welcome dinner was a blast and again I want to thank rabtech and Kyle D for all their generous gifts. The raffle was a great way to turn a wash out of a day into fun evening. Everyone walked away with something. The wine festival was more of a rain festival but once again the diehards trudged thru the rain and managed to force themselves to drink wine. As always Jdin volunteered his exhaust as a wrenching project - photos to follow.

And as you can guess this morning I was dead wrong when I suggested we take our trucks to the Sunday Brunch because the trip there and back was the only time it didn't rain all weekend.

Until our next event

Be safe my friends

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We had a wonderful time. Weather was not so great, but the friends are great. I love this life so much,We have made such awesome friends, who are now part of our family. Thank you, Tonya and I are honored...thank you. We made it home just as the rain started, outrank the rain..barely!!

HAPPY WIFE....HAPPY LIFE!!:00000156::OILFILTERSS::FILTERSS::MOTOROILSS::HEADERSS:

• Yes sir , photo bombs will be coming very soon. Just landed at our next destination hotel with good internet. Uploading has begun. 😁

Again Mitch, even though the weather was not working. We enjoyed our time down there and look forward to the next.

Quick preview of Exhaust work 🤣🤣

Edited once, last by Jdin ().

• 123, trip report!

Raining like all get out at my house Friday, so we did go on 4 wheels. 1st hour was nasty even in a car. Last hour was even more nasty and would have been very, very undesirable on a sling. Bride was coming along, and I ain't a-gonna torture her.

Arrived a bit late for the welcome dinner, but my disco sleazeball ensemble made up for it, had a nice time.

Friday night at the usual big dog party on the lakeside back porch of the hotel, my un-taxed shine and mytoy 's German something or other did their magic. I ended up smashing my iphone, which is evidence that I was having a nice time. Saturday morning, my eyes stopped bleeding after an hour or so. Rough morning.

Bad weather cancelled the typical country side rides. Really too bad, as the rides are always delightful, and Designer and Firefly work very hard to plan them AND test 'em out. Many don't understand how much effort is involved in setting these rides up. Props to both of 'em.

Off in the rain to the wine tasting on the bridge. Hit them all. Knew about a 1/3 of them, and had a nice time chatting up what's new. On the other hand, 1/2 the wines were too sweet, and 1/2 were not that good. Lovely bride and I are wine snobs. Whatever. We survived, and brought 1/2 case back to the hotel to keep everyone lubricated.

Saturday night, off to dinner at a "nice" restaurant. Sure. After waiting for 90 minutes for ANY entrees to appear at our large table, I got annoyed and started balling up the paper napkins and pelting other crew members. Made me happy, made lovely bride very unhappy. It is an odd moment when your wife hides paper napkins from you.

Such that there might be polite company on this thread, I won't tell what happened when I got a bill with an 18% tip already included. I did fix it, but it was NOT pretty. When the Big E gets spooled up, it is never pretty.

Then off to Chateau MACAWS for manly moments. If he had plumbing in his garage, I would consider moving in. Stuff got done, but I deserve no credit. Fun times, as always.

Sunday, lots and lots of chin wagging in the parking lot, then off to brunch. Fun ride, nice enough place, though they don't server alcohol until after 4 on a Sunday. Fortunately, plan 'B' was in the trunk. I managed. Nice turnout and good times.

More chin wagging in the parking lot, then we dispersed. Other than cell phones screaming tornado warnings, ride home was un-eventful.

I seriously doubt everyone was happy to see me, but I was seriously happy to see everyone. Deal with it.

I rate the encounter an A+, and will continue my tradition of never, ever, missing an MACAWS swarm.