New Phone Mount

• I got a new phone mount to replace my iOttie suction cup mount. I liked the iOttie in my car, and the suction cup stuck fine on the pebble-finish vinyl on the Sling's dash, but it didn't hold my big Galaxy edge very well - the phone kept falling out when the bumps got rough. The last time, the phone hit the passenger seat, bounced off the outboard frame rail, and fell into the passenger seat well. I knew it had to go.

I found the Tackform Enduro mount and ordered one. All CNC machined aluminum - even the ball joints. Rugged as anything and holds the phone in a wide, rubber-lined clamp with stainless steel springs. The phone isn't going anywhere. I wanted the rugged aluminum Enduro mount, paid $57 with shipping. Owner Nick is a great guy and chatted with him on Facebook. He does have a less expensive ABS mount with a sticky suction cup that would work on the dash (about $35), but I wanted Aluminium... This mount works great attached to the smooth part of the interior on the passenger side of the radio. The Captain got in the Sling with mount attached - she said it was no problem getting in/out or when she was seated.

Nick said he would work on an adapter that would allow the mount to screw down to the top dash area using existing holes - even offered to send me a prototype to test out. He even went to the local Polaris dealer to look at a Slingshot when I asked him about a solution to mount up top. Seems like a great guy and I think we should invite him to be a vendor here. :)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• If you had the windshield brace you could screw a ram ball in it and add this adapter direct without a suction cup.

Curious how this holds up to vibration and driving conditions.

I mounted a magnetic phone mount to the windshield brace and it has worked great for about 2 years. Best part is I slap it up there and yank it off one handed.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• This is what I used and modified to mount directly to the windshield brace. I have it screwed in directly.

https://www.amazon.com/Mob-Arm…=pro+magnetic+phone+mount

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1