How do you all park your SS?

• One big key to finding a low price is a willingness to travel. You may be able to find a forum member who is willing to do an initial check on a candidate Slingshot to help you decide if additional travel is warranted. You may also find forum members willing to meet you at the local airport, train or bus station and give you ride/accompany you to the sales location. If you're mainly interested in new or low-mileage Slingshots, you're more likely to find a decent deal on one-to-two year-old new or lightly used Slingshots.

Good Luck!

To his point too. There are always Forum members willing to meet you half way with the slingshot in tow. Most here are always happy to meet and greet other's here!

Hell you find one near my location. I am always willing to work out something and meet you somewhere to deliver.

Edited once, last by Jdin ().

• [quote='Bigdog','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7379-how-do-you-all-park-your-ss/&postID=257978#post257978']

My hard lesson about covers....

Years ago I bought a new motorcycle and a new cover for it. The cover was lined with soft stuff and had ventilation holes. I parked the bike under my porch under roof on concrete for the winter, in the spring the spoked chrome wheels were rusted as were ever other chrome part.

My slingshot sat covered with a different type cover lighter and not lined all winter. In the spring there was no rust except for the brake rotors which rust if you sneeze on them.

I think the major difference was the amount of air circulation around and under the vehicle. The slingshot got wind from all directions the bike under the porch, not so much.

The slingshot cover is nice and light and able to flap around in the wind.

Now the other day it was close to 60 and I decided to install my new rear tire. Looking under the SS to position the floor jack I noticed the entire frame and all under the SS was completely wet with water drops. I bought a new cover that rests on the ground, possibly preventing the wind from blowing under the SS. So now I make sure the cover is not touching the ground and is about 4-5” off the ground. I’m hoping this helps eliminate the condensation problem from more air circulation.

I also have a plastic tarp covering the cockpit under the cover.

[/quote]

Want to stop rust or at least slow it down. I use a hanging damprid on each handlebar under the cover.

DampRid Hanging Bag, Fresh Scent 16-Ounce, 3-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072…sw_r_cp_tai_pOemDb9Q37ZR8

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Mine sleeps in the driveway

Look closely under the SS you can see the battery tender green light on.

Also notice I have her skirt pulled up for flow thru ventilation under it. That’s the key to prevent excessive moisture for collecting under the cover.

• Always keep my baby garaged.

Except for when the dealer has her over night... They toss her out back like a well used prostitute. :(

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I'm in Kenosha, WI for the weekend...flirt with the girls behind the desk...they get a picture sitting in the Slingshot and I get to park under the canopy and put the cockpit cover on it and all is good and there is a camera on it 24/7...what I do most of the time when traveling...

• I'm in Kenosha, WI for the weekend...flirt with the girls behind the desk...they get a picture sitting in the Slingshot and I get to park under the canopy and put the cockpit cover on it and all is good and there is a camera on it 24/7...what I do most of the time when traveling...

I find that hard to believe, you flirt with the girls! :00008356:Never happen, your to much of a gentleman to do that:00008172: oh that's just too much I can't lie no more. Safe travels EJ until we meet again.

• Always keep my baby garaged.

Except for when the dealer has her over night... They toss her out back like a well used prostitute. :(

Yep, same here. And even provided the dealer the cover (like they asked for) and they never used it. Luckily it didn't rain (to kill the stereo) but the inside was covered in dust. It got a good bath today.

• Luckily my dealer told me they have to lock everything up because of some neighborhood thieves....but that doesn’t mean you’ll get it back in a hurry....and I still think new quads take priority over the limited number of slingshots they sell.