How do you all park your SS?

• I just took these pictures.

Look under the SS you can see the green light from the battery tender.

The slingshot has holes in the floor boards for drainage and the sests are plastic. It is made to hose off the interior. Dont ask me why? Second winter outside.

• Welcome to the family, To answer your question, for the first 1 1/2 years my SS was outside 24/7 rain, snow, ice, hail. I did finally buy the thick overpriced hauling cover to help protect it when I knew a big storm was coming.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• The Polaris 'Trailering Cover is about $500.00 but a very GOOD cover. I have used mine for trailering to Florida in January the last three years. Lots of the Guys have used it when parked/stored.

I just wish Polaris would get off their @$$ and offer a trailer cover for use with the roofs that are out there. Last time I checked, even Polaris made a roof of their own.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My hard lesson about covers....

Years ago I bought a new motorcycle and a new cover for it. The cover was lined with soft stuff and had ventilation holes. I parked the bike under my porch under roof on concrete for the winter, in the spring the spoked chrome wheels were rusted as were ever other chrome part.

My slingshot sat covered with a different type cover lighter and not lined all winter. In the spring there was no rust except for the brake rotors which rust if you sneeze on them.

I think the major difference was the amount of air circulation around and under the vehicle. The slingshot got wind from all directions the bike under the porch, not so much.

The slingshot cover is nice and light and able to flap around in the wind.

Now the other day it was close to 60 and I decided to install my new rear tire. Looking under the SS to position the floor jack I noticed the entire frame and all under the SS was completely wet with water drops. I bought a new cover that rests on the ground, possibly preventing the wind from blowing under the SS. So now I make sure the cover is not touching the ground and is about 4-5” off the ground. I’m hoping this helps eliminate the condensation problem from more air circulation.

I also have a plastic tarp covering the cockpit under the cover.

• I just wish Polaris would get off their @$$ and offer a trailer cover for use with the roofs that are out there. Last time I checked, even Polaris made a roof of their own.

To may different Tops.... One of the guys in Texas had his reworked at the canvas shop to fit his top. I've got the F4 tinted 5+ windshield and mirror extensions and had to make some minor adjustments,

• I normally park in a carport in front of my garage (which is full of junk). I have a Budge #2 cover that fits my Slingshot with TD Canvas Top and I use it if I end up stopping overnight. Since the Slingshot cockpit is basically waterproof, the cover serves mainly to keep the Slingshot concealed from curious onlookers. A couple times when I wanted to get to my dealer very early in the morning, I drove up the night before and stayed in a motel that shares its parking lot with a bar/nightclub and either I was just lucky or the cover worked to keep the Slingshot unnoticed.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Thanks again for the replies.

Someone mentioned buying used vs new. From what I can tell, there aren’t many slingshots in my area. I know of one. Most that I have seen advertised on cycle trader are at dealers and they are asking nearly what a new one costs.

I’m considering getting one of those cover logic sheds. Not sure how they would hold up here.

• [quote='Staphory','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7379-how-do-you-all-park-your-ss/&postID=258026#post258026']

Thanks again for the replies.

Someone mentioned buying used vs new. From what I can tell, there aren’t many slingshots in my area. I know of one. Most that I have seen advertised on cycle trader are at dealers and they are asking nearly what a new one costs.

I’m considering getting one of those cover logic sheds. Not sure how they would hold up here.

[/quote]

Keep an eye on this forums’ for sale section. Also watch both eBay and CrapsList. There are occasional actual used Slings for sale. No, you probably will not find a low mileage Sling for $5K.

Some of the best deals are for lightly used, highly modified Slings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• One big key to finding a low price is a willingness to travel. You may be able to find a forum member who is willing to do an initial check on a candidate Slingshot to help you decide if additional travel is warranted. You may also find forum members willing to meet you at the local airport, train or bus station and give you ride/accompany you to the sales location. If you're mainly interested in new or low-mileage Slingshots, you're more likely to find a decent deal on one-to-two year-old new or lightly used Slingshots.

Good Luck!

• Welcome! You are gunna love your new/ perspective SS AND this forum! You have a great starting spot here!

Not sure if others have mentioned this but being in Mississippi and keeping your SS outside perhaps “critters” my be an issue as well. Both furry and crawling kind. Lots of exposed wires under the hood 😐

Post your quest here and all questions are good questions!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Welcome! You are gunna love your new/ perspective SS AND this forum! You have a great starting spot here!

Not sure if others have mentioned this but being in Mississippi and keeping your SS outside perhaps “critters” my be an issue as well. Both furry and crawling kind. Lots of exposed wires under the hood 😐

SoCal remember sometimes we have SILLY answers --- can't be to serous before the sun comes up in the morning.

Sun Spin.gif

• Thanks for posting that. Not quite ready yet.

Welcome! You are gunna love your new/ perspective SS AND this forum! You have a great starting spot here!

I’m not too worried about critters, at least not the fuzzy kind.

Mr. No Shoulders is what I’m worried about slinking around! =O