The Daily Rant

• Thats right - post your rant here, anything bugging you, pet peeves, bad drivers, whatever, get it off your chest and put it here.

I will start, International travel is a pain, having to take a loved one remains home is a pain doing both is really a pain, the paperwork and trips to the consulate and getting everything perfect so you dont get in trouble or break some law - cant even believe all the crap they want and sealed stamped and notarized, And you need the right container for the ashes got to be able to xray it and in a sealed bag inside incase they want to look - thank God she wanted to be cremated having to deal with a body would have cost a small fortune

And then theres the luggage 2 checked bags each up to 50 pounds and a carry on and trying to keep the weight down - when you visit from the U.S things they cant get over there are a must, pounds of chocolate and and all kinds of other items and shifting from bag to bag to try to get the weight right, only 2 of us going and there will be 5 suitcases - - best investment I made this last week was a luggage scale - amazing how easy it is to go over weight.

and then there is the damn flight time 15 1/2 hours on a plane to get there, we leave at 11 in the morning our time and dont land until 7pm the next day their time, on the bright side coming back is 2 hours shorter and we actually land 3 hours earlier than we took off amazing how that works - - - done this before and I know the jet lag is going to suck - -

I know once we are there and on the ground its all going to be worth it, but dang it sure would be easier to take I nice trip in the Slingshot

anyway just needed to vent and this is probably the only place where no one will take it the wrong way or get offended

if nothing else now we have a post your rant here thread that can go along with the weather thread the only question that remains is if you want to rant about the weather which thread to choose =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I feel your pain, emotionally and for the jet lag. Lost my father last year and nothing prepares you for that.

The jet lag, had to fly you South Korea for work last year, 15 hours in the plane in coach was awful. Best advise someone gave me was to try and stay up as long as possible for your flight, so you are dead tired when you get on. I missed a meal somewhere over the pacific, but I slept about 10 hours on the plane.

Hope everything goes better for you!

As for ranting, I can't complain too much. Work isn't perfect, but I like my team and bosses, and had to go into the office this week and deal with Dallas traffic, and that's a good enough reason not to live in the big cities for me, ugh, it's horrible.

Thanks for the thread!

• I think the jet lag might be avoidable. We are leaving at 11 in Sunday morning here and arriving in the evening the next day there I did this before and I stayed awake the entire flight - no jet lag seemed like a regular day just a bit long, relaxed, had dinner and went to bed. Now coming back will be a bit tricker we are leaving in the morning there and getting home even earlier in the morning here. I figure if I can sleep the last 6 to 8 hours of the flight so that I am waking up when we land at 8AM I can trick my body into being back on the right time. - - hopefully this will work. Last time I made the mistake of sleeping on the flight home which landed at 10 at night and I was wide awake and screwed up for days

Anyway at this point I just want to get on the plane and go. at least then there will be nothing left to stress about, So long as we have all the papers, passports and of course the remains with us in our carry on's everything else can be dealt with if it is forgotten or lost

Hey at least from a weather perspective this is considered to visit the Philippines there is :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have to chime in on Jet Lag - strictly personal experience not a solution for anyone.

My company manufactures in China and ships to the US, since I have to work both sides of the pond I am up odd hours every night working with factories and up most of the day working with customers so I do not have a defined sleep pattern.

I fly to China every 6 weeks and find the 14 hr flight to be extremely relaxing because I get at least 10 hrs of sleep. I do not eat on the flight and when I land I am good to go. Like I said this is just my experience as I have been doing it for 35 years so I guess you could say It is just a habit!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!