Excessive Steering Torque pull?

• Ok guys. Little more info from looking at the front end a little closer today! Sorry for long post! When I drove the 3 hours to get her The older guy I bought it from told me to be real careful around curbing! This was after I noticed that the lower right front bumper was scratched pretty good. He didn’t mention that in the Advert. Not bad at the time, but now it was a little more bang than he let on. Today I see that the Torsion bar is moved over approximately 2 inches toward that right side? The front bumper “pole” that supports all the lower components is bent inward and over to the left. Not bad but bumper is shifted about 2 inches left, opposite of torsion bar slide. The new right tire has a little scrubbing on outer edge, and I’ve only put about 150 miles on the new tires. Also the steering wheel is definitely off center 1/2 inch. So no doubt it needs a good laser alignment, to reset everything to center. I’ve already got the bumper pole for fixing the bent one, and will do that before alignment. Gotta find a dealer closer than 4 hours I hope. May have to take it to Funcycles Dealer? Question. Can I loosen the torsion bar brackets, and pull the bar back to center? I think the rubber bushings are all that keeps it in place?

p.s. I havent found any other components A arm etc... with any damage or marks from damage! Gonna add a few pics to this post. Thoughts?

Yes you can straighten out a lot of your problems, hopefully just by loosening some bolts. The sway bar just needs to be pulled back over by loosening the stops if your Sling has them. If not you need to go to your local auto supply store and buy a set

The sway bar moving in the bushings is "normal" ever since Polaris decided to save a few pennies and stop installing sway bar lateral locks .... while not optimal does not otherwise effect the performance. It naturally moves freely side to side in the bushings.

laterallockwitharrowsmall.gif

If you want to install sway bar locks you can find them here :

https://www.energysuspensionpa…way-bar-lateral-locks.asp

The stock sway bar is 32mm

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Orangeman I would say the bar is a good 2 inches out of its usual spot? Thanks for that video, as it gives a good visual on what it should do!

So now I’m not sure if the bar just worked itself out that far,or it was from the curb even though it’s not connected to anything that would have moved without showing some kind of serious damage:/ You saying earlier versions of the sling had the stops?

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• Orangeman I would say the bar is a good 2 inches out of its usual spot? Thanks for that video, as it gives a good visual on what it should do!

So now I’m not sure if the bar just worked itself out that far,or it was from the curb even though it’s not connected to anything that would have moved without showing some kind of serious damage:/ You saying earlier versions of the sling had the stops?

You can grab hold of it and move it by hand .... normal suspension action will drift it in either direction a couple inches or more if you get froggy. The lateral locks limit movement and give more predictable bar action with the end links providing slack rather than the entire bar moving side to side causing a "snap back" feeling with quick direction changes.

Yes, early builds had sway bar lateral locks from the factory .... think they stopped installing them sometime mid '16 if I remember correctly ....

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......