Excessive Steering Torque pull?

• That's odd, because the list is supposed to accurately list dealers who have bought the True Laser track alignment equipment. I guess that means the place I just mentioned in the previous post may or may not have the equipment.

We are not talking about the True Trak Laser, Polaris has their own system. Coastal Indian and Polaris in Murrels Inlet, S. C. will do the laser alignment

• Update info. I took her out for a longer ride today trying to figure exactly when she’s pulling! I first noticed that when I was ripping thru the gears it was pulling when I pressed the clutch in. This led me to think Torque pull, however, ZZ performance had me questioning that! Today I noticed that it is chasing the grooves in the road not only when I let off the gas to change gears, but if I hit a bump in the road the steering wonders side to side? For the first time I also notice the steering wheel is not quite centered. So I’m thinking might be alignment issue? Now does it have to be a Polaris Dealer to do a laser alignment? Can Goodyear, Firestone do it? If dealer only anyone know of good place along the east coast of S.C, Ga, or Fla? I’m outside Savannah so prefer Jacksonville Fl, or Charleston SC! Closest dealer near me now are in those areas! Might go to Daytona bike week, so if any really good dealers in that area might work? Cost of lazer alignment? Gonna get tire mode reset at same time.

In response to your question here, the answer is no due to the fact that the slingshot has 3 wheels so a normal laser alignment shop won't have the attachment for the rear wheel.

All Polaris dealers have the laser alignment equipment since it was a $2000 expense that was shoved down their throats.

Now whether all dealers know how to use it or even have the remote idea what it is that they paid for us anyone's guess.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Having the system to laser align and being capable of doing it are not the same thing. Find someone who has done them and understands the math. If they can't explain the process and settings I would be a little less inclined to use them.

BTW it sounds like excessive toe in. It's just more noticable with the bigger wheels. Keep an eye on the outside edge of your front tires to see if they are scrubbing of.

Edited once, last by Red ().

• I believe all Slingshot dealers were supposed to get the alignment system from Polaris. You can also check this site for places that do Slingshot alignments - http://www.spydercomfort.com/slingshotdealers.htm

That's odd, because the list is supposed to accurately list dealers who have bought the True Laser track alignment equipment. I guess that means the place I just mentioned in the previous post may or may not have the equipment.

First place I called! They Only use the manual system, not any lasers! They would have been closer.

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• Having the system to laser align and being capable of doing it are not the same thing. Find someone who has done them and understands the math. If they can't explain the process and settings I would be a little less inclined to use them.

BTW it sounds like excessive toe in. It's just more noticable with the bigger wheels. Keep an eye on the outside edge of your front tires to see if they are scrubbing of.

I agree! Thanks.

• To do the Polaris dealer alignment is not that hard to do. When the dealer did mine, they had not even opened the boxes and I was telling them what each piece did and how it was used. Even so it took them less than and hour to do and they can tell you within something like a one thousand of an inch of how close they left the alignment. When you are dealing with dead set measurment it is not that hard to do. Last month someone even had a Polaris system for sale on E-Bay. Do not let anyone do the manual alighment if you are having to pay for it to be done, it may not even be as close when they are done as when they started. BEEN THERE DONE THAT That was why I went and found someone with the True Trak system, NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE

• In response to your question here, the answer is no due to the fact that the slingshot has 3 wheels so a normal laser alignment shop won't have the attachment for the rear wheel.

All Polaris dealers have the laser alignment equipment since it was a $2000 expense that was shoved down their throats.

Now whether all dealers know how to use it or even have the remote idea what it is that they paid for us anyone's guess.

So far haven’t found a dealer any where close to me that knows they even bought it then:/

• We are not talking about the True Trak Laser, Polaris has their own system. Coastal Indian and Polaris in Murrels Inlet, S. C. will do the laser alignment.

Based on the OPs comments, I assumed he was having trouble finding a Polaris dealer who does alignments, so I offered an alternative source. As long as the dealer (Polaris or other) has done some alignments, I'd assume either system should work. I went with a local independent shop that does Spyder and Slingshot alignments simply because I haven't found a local dealer I like.

• Based on the OPs comments, I assumed he was having trouble finding a Polaris dealer who does alignments, so I offered an alternative source. As long as the dealer (Polaris or other) has done some alignments, I'd assume either system should work. I went with a local independent shop that does Spyder and Slingshot alignments simply because I haven't found a local dealer I like.

I was just trying to inform the SS owners that did not know it that Polaris had their own system was not trying to say anything against anyone. I had the first laser alignment done at the Polaris dealer in Senaca, S. C. when they first got the True Trak system. If anyone had missed it the dealer here had already tried the 2 x 4 and the measuring tape alignment and the steering wheel was still 15 degrees off ( I measured it) But they now have the Polaris system and know how to use it because the Polaris dealer at Mall of Georgia I think did the 2 x 4 deal after my little off road experience and it was not even close.

• I must admit that when I had the True Laser Track alignment done, the mechanic told me my Slingshot was almost spot on as far as the alignment was concerned, but I noticed as I was driving home that the steering wheel seemed to be a little off TDC. (It was raining cats & dogs and I didn't feel like going back in the rain). Once I got home, I simply made sure my wheels were oriented straight forward and repositioned the steering wheel while I was installing a new steering wheel.

• Ok guys. Little more info from looking at the front end a little closer today! Sorry for long post! When I drove the 3 hours to get her The older guy I bought it from told me to be real careful around curbing! This was after I noticed that the lower right front bumper was scratched pretty good. He didn’t mention that in the Advert. Not bad at the time, but now it was a little more bang than he let on. Today I see that the Torsion bar is moved over approximately 2 inches toward that right side? The front bumper “pole” that supports all the lower components is bent inward and over to the left. Not bad but bumper is shifted about 2 inches left, opposite of torsion bar slide. The new right tire has a little scrubbing on outer edge, and I’ve only put about 150 miles on the new tires. Also the steering wheel is definitely off center 1/2 inch. So no doubt it needs a good laser alignment, to reset everything to center. I’ve already got the bumper pole for fixing the bent one, and will do that before alignment. Gotta find a dealer closer than 4 hours I hope. May have to take it to Funcycles Dealer? Question. Can I loosen the torsion bar brackets, and pull the bar back to center? I think the rubber bushings are all that keeps it in place?

p.s. I havent found any other components A arm etc... with any damage or marks from damage! Gonna add a few pics to this post. Thoughts?

• sorry pics are dark, but it’s cloudy here today! You can see right side of bumper is bent in, up, and over to left! Torsion bar is pushed to right side. Funcycle were you happy with your dealers alignment? I looked at the one in Senaca SC but that’s a long ways!

• sorry pics are dark, but it’s cloudy here today! You can see right side of bumper is bent in, up, and over to left! Torsion bar is pushed to right side. Funcycle were you happy with your dealers alignment? I looked at the one in Senaca SC but that’s a long ways!

Follow FunCycle directions on handling this.

• Just a suggestion, put the old wheels back on to avoid damaging the new tires. After the fix and alignment put the new ones back on. Wheel size won't effect your alignment.

Melloreel Red dose alignments on the Slingshots --- so he knows of what he speaks... Get out to MO and he can do it.

• I can do that, as I still have old tires, but I had to change the shock bracket too! Not hard, but kind of a pain! Probably wouldn’t have much effect to just leave bracket, and change wheels?

Just a suggestion, put the old wheels back on to avoid damaging the new tires. After the fix and alignment put the new ones back on. Wheel size won't effect your alignment.