Want discounted parts, free install, and tune? Read this post!!!

• ZZPerformance going to develop a tune for the NA guys. With that said, if there is anyone who has a stock SS or has all of their stock parts (intake and header to muffler) and wants to switch over to ZZP parts, while you would pay for the ZZP parts at a discounted rate, we will do the install and dyno tuning for free. We would just need to keep your SS for a week or less to develop the tune for the different setup combos. If anyone is interested, please email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Still waiting for this MI weather to break. We've had temps in the 20s and 30s along with snow and ice up until yesterday. We're now in the mid upper 40s with rain which is good because it's melting all the snow and ice. When the temps are in the 30s and 40s it's not ideal for tuning. Our dyno in inside but not enclosed so whatever the temp is outside, that's what you're sitting in while on the dyno. The next week is looking like mid 50s to low 60s so I'll be contacting the guy coming up to have the work done today actually to set something up for a week or two out. Then I will get some dyno sheets posted up so you guys have some actual real world numbers of what a NA SS will do stock and with an intake, tune, and exhaust on a mustang dyno. As long as Mother Nature continues to cooperate and I can get a solid date lined up with the guy coming in, I am hoping to have dyno sheets posted and NA tuning available within the next 3-4 weeks.

Are the numbers going to be mind blowing? No. I'm not expecting them to be. We've been working on and tuning these NA 2.4s for 15 years and they just don't make a ton of power in NA trim. But I'm more concerned about getting reliable real world numbers for you guys to see and talk about. There hasn't been much data posted in general to begin with, that I have seen, much less realistic data. But this is a smaller niche market where there aren't a ton of performance based vendors so that doesn't surprise me. While this may sound cheesy, I'm very passionate about this market, and have made it a goal to get you guys accurate information especially regarding power numbers. I definitely haven't forgotten about this but I've been at the mercy of Mother Nature and that fuc**ng ground hog didn't make good on his prediction of an early spring. :D;):P

• Great to hear, I am very happy with the NA sling for my driving style, I am inquiring about the tuning because that is the one thing i have done and everyone keeps saying that it would make the SS respond faster and behave better all around.

I would rather support someone who is active in the forums vs someone who has never been active for as long as I have been here(almost 3 years now), however the window is closing rapidly for me since I definitely would not want to do this during riding season which is way too short for us northerners for me to even consider self inflicted down time.

Please keep us posted on this.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Great to hear, I am very happy with the NA sling for my driving style, I am inquiring about the tuning because that is the one thing i have done and everyone keeps saying that it would make the SS respond faster and behave better all around.

I would rather support someone who is active in the forums vs someone who has never been active for as long as I have been here(almost 3 years now), however the window is closing rapidly for me since I definitely would not want to do this during riding season which is way too short for us northerners for me to even consider self inflicted down time.

Please keep us posted on this.

I greatly appreciate that support. A tune would definitely help with overall throttle response and drive ability. Totally hear you on the short riding season we get. Definitely one of the down sides here in MI. However, once the tune is ready for the public, if you were to overnight the PCM here and back, you would only have 2 1/2 - 3 days of down time. A day to get here, a day to flash it and get it back out the door to you, and a day in transit back. Definitely not terrible especially if you do it during the work week. You could send the PCM on Monday and be back on the road by Wednesday or Thursday. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on this. I have a few products coming to market really soon I think you guys will like.

• Kyle D have you thought about the cost for the NA tune? With only one option available, it comes with a fairly hefty price. I also have not done this yet and am definitely planning on it. I have a CAI, header and side exit, cat-delete exhaust that has some issues that I'm working through. I'm curious if a tune is developed for a specific exhaust or if the same basic tune works on all cat-delete exhausts as I may change mine out at some point. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Kyle D have you thought about the cost for the NA tune? With only one option available, it comes with a fairly hefty price. I also have not done this yet and am definitely planning on it. I have a CAI, header and side exit, cat-delete exhaust that has some issues that I'm working through. I'm curious if a tune is developed for a specific exhaust or if the same basic tune works on all cat-delete exhausts as I may change mine out at some point. Thanks for any info you can provide.

We are definitely looking at cost. I cannot comment on what it will be as that would be putting the cart before the horse. However, with our mantra being "Go Fast, Not Broke" it is safe to say that we will be very competitively priced like all of our other products. The type of exhaust won't matter. You're mainly just taking into consideration the cat being gone and the engine breathing better in general.

With just the cat delete and the Alpha CAI I got an increase of 4 mpg, so that does relate to some number in Horse Power.

• "I have a CAI, header and side exit, cat-delete exhaust..."

My understanding is that Bob @ MEFI customizes your tune to your specific setup. For other SS owners, just make sure all your other HP mods are done; if you change something afterward the tune wont be as effective anymore.

• I'm still fairly new around here, but I've yet to see anyone named Bob post or give help here. I'm all about supporting our vendors that participate on the forums.

If Kyle can come up with something that is good and is competitively priced, I'll gladly support by spending my hard earned dollars with him.

• I'm still fairly new around here, but I've yet to see anyone named Bob post or give help here. I'm all about supporting our vendors that participate on the forums.

If Kyle can come up with something that is good and is competitively priced, I'll gladly support by spending my hard earned dollars with him.

Like I said on my post, I have been here nearly 3 years and not a peep.

He does offer a top notch service from what I hear but I just rather support those who spend a min BSing with us here.

Bob is like my local Ducati dealership, they are the only dealership that does not organize weekend rides or any sort of give back events since they know they are the only dealership in town so you HAVE to go to them for desmo service whether you want it or not.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Bob (MEFI PRO) was the one that took it on himself to develop a tune for the Slingshots and spend a lot of time doing this, A lot of ride along's with the lap top in his lap in Maggie Valley and also at his place in Cali. that I know of. I got one of the first NA tunes when he came to Maggie the first time.

• When talking about the actual exhaust (header & muffler) on an NA setup it really doesn't make any difference with the tuning. A tune for someone running a ZZP exhaust package isn't going to be any different from a guy running a 1320 header and muffler or a side exit or one of Welters many systems. We've been building, boosting, and tuning ecotecs for 15 years and all the different headers and cat backs out there make no difference on the tuning from one system to another.

When I release this NA tune, I COULD make drop downs for every different header and cat back known to man to make it seem "customized for your specific setup" but the reality is, they would be all the same tune because the different exhaust setups have such a low impact on tuning at that power level that it doesn't matter. This is all part of that misinformation I have been talking about being spread around and WHY I'm passionate about not bullshitting you guys and just getting you reliable information and good products at competitive pricing into your hands with no smoke and mirrors.

Now if you're talking about adding cams and valve springs, a turbo kit, larger injectors, etc., yes, you would want the tune updated for the new mods. The only time the actual exhaust is going to become a conversation is if you're adding boost via a turbo or supercharger. A lot of the kits exiting out the back are running 2" pipe because there isn't a lot of room in the trans tunnel. But 2" pipe on a boosted setup is going to be a restriction. It'll work, but definitely NOT be ideal. But even this isn't a question of tuning but size of the pipe. In most cases 2.5" piping would be more than enough on a boosted setup. Now if the 2" pipe creates back pressure, you would want to adjust the tune for that also.

• Bob (MEFI PRO) was the one that took it on himself to develop a tune for the Slingshots and spend a lot of time doing this, A lot of ride along's with the lap top in his lap in Maggie Valley and also at his place in Cali. that I know of. I got one of the first NA tunes when he came to Maggie the first time.

I'm not belittling his contribution back then, it obviously was R&D for selling it and I'm sure he helped out a lot of people. My point is that he's not active here, and Kyle is. Apples to Apples comparison, I'm going to use Kyle simply because he's active here and will answer questions.

I have no ability to ask Bob questions here, his loss.

• I'm not belittling his contribution back then, it obviously was R&D for selling it and I'm sure he helped out a lot of people. My point is that he's not active here, and Kyle is. Apples to Apples comparison, I'm going to use Kyle simply because he's active here and will answer questions.

I have no ability to ask Bob questions here, his loss.

I have no horse in this race and I will probably never get a tune, but I must admit that I too prefer to do business with vendors who have a presence here and will be available should I have any questions.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have no horse in this race and I will probably never get a tune, but I must admit that I too prefer to do business with vendors who have a presence here and will be available should I have any questions.

Had Kyle had his tune available when I got mine done 2 years ago, I'd have done the same thing and went with his tune. Bob was great to work with, and the cash price for the tune at the rally was $400, and it was done in 20 minutes. But, as Kyle mentioned it was for the N/A setup, with any exhaust set up. Back then, Bob only insisted that a CAI was on the Sling.

As for you never getting a tune, you really are selling yourself short. The tune increased the response of the SS quite notably. I can pull away from any stock SS that hasn't been boosted with ease in matching gear at any RPM. It behaves well, and doesn't rev hang like the original tunes tend to do. And a surprising side effect was that my MPG went up 3-4 MPG. You of all people, with using your SS "cage free", should really consider it. The tune (with CAI) and short throw DDM shifter, along with shocks, were the best things I spent money on for the SS.

• Actually, if a vendor really did want to get my business and sell me a tune it would be much easier if they used a system where I could buy an already tuned ECU with a deposited core charge that would be refunded when I returned my un-tuned ECU to them.

With my Slingshot being my daily driver the down time involved in having to remove my ECU and ship it to be tuned even with overnight shipping is not something I can do

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Actually, if a vendor really did want to get my business and sell me a tune it would be much easier if they used a system where I could buy an already tuned ECU with a deposited core charge that would be refunded when I returned my un-tuned ECU to them.

With my Slingshot being my daily driver the down time involved in having to remove my ECU and ship it to be tuned even with overnight shipping is not something I can do

The issue with this, and why no other vendors are doing this and using the stock PCM is by the time you factor in all the initial costs that are involved to get ONE SINGLE new PCM from Polaris in stock, on your shelf, and ready to go, you are into it for about $1000. It would get very costly and inefficient for us to keep enough PCMs in stock to keep sending out for tunes and then having to replace them when we do not get cores back or get a faulty or broken core or even a core that is NOT for a SS (You'd be dumbfounded how often that happens in our other markets). If PCM cores were plentiful and cost effective and we were selling 30-60 tunes a day like we do in our other markets it would be a different story but this is a small niche market and there aren't a plethora of PCM cores out there.

However, in your case specifically, I can see you're in Palm Springs. You're about an hour away from CBM who flashes our PCMs for us in Colton CA. If you want a tune once we have our NA tune available, I will personally arrange an appointment for you to drive to CBM and have your PCM flashed with our NA tune and now you have a tune with no down time. So with that said, and now just having solved your down time dilemma, wanna buy a tune from me in the near future? ;)