Want discounted parts, free install, and tune? Read this post!!!

• The issue with this, and why no other vendors are doing this and using the stock PCM is by the time you factor in all the initial costs that are involved to get ONE SINGLE new PCM from Polaris in stock, on your shelf, and ready to go, you are into it for about $1000. It would get very costly and inefficient for us to keep enough PCMs in stock to keep sending out for tunes and then having to replace them when we do not get cores back or get a faulty or broken core or even a core that is NOT for a SS (You'd be dumbfounded how often that happens in our other markets). If PCM cores were plentiful and cost effective and we were selling 30-60 tunes a day like we do in our other markets it would be a different story but this is a small niche market and there aren't a plethora of PCM cores out there.

However, in your case specifically, I can see you're in Palm Springs. You're about an hour away from CBM who flashes our PCMs for us in Colton CA. If you want a tune once we have our NA tune available, I will personally arrange an appointment for you to drive to CBM and have your PCM flashed with our NA tune and now you have a tune with no down time. So with that said, and now just having solved your down time dilemma, wanna buy a tune from me in the near future? ;)

not sure when, but with this offer I can pretty much say that if I do it will be with you :thumbsup:

As a side note I also like that new exhaust you are selling - got anyone local that could install that for me 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• However, in your case specifically, I can see you're in Palm Springs. You're about an hour away from CBM who flashes our PCMs for us in Colton CA. If you want a tune once we have our NA tune available, I will personally arrange an appointment for you to drive to CBM and have your PCM flashed with our NA tune and now you have a tune with no down time. So with that said, and now just having solved your down time dilemma, wanna buy a tune from me in the near future? ;)

Careful Kyle, going to drum up too much business :) Got anyone in Texas you can do this with?

• I would also like to add that any tune would have to be set up to work with 91 octane fuel - - anything higher is almost impossible to get here in California

• Kyle D I'm about 2 hours from you in La Porte, IN. If we made an appointment and I drove up for an early morning appointment could the 'tune' be done in a morning?

Unfortunately, the initial flash must be done by CBM in CA. Once they do the initial flash, your PCM will be married to my interface cable and I can do all future tuning here at ZZP in MI should you decide to buy a turbo kit from us, put in cams, or anything else that would require the tune being updated.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• The single best thing you can do to your NA Slingshot for a performance increase is the Cat delete pIpe believe it or not. That is just my 2 cent. Also with all of the exhaust systems you are going to have gas fumes with a top and a tall wind screen. Dream on, even with the cat. You have to get rid of the negative pressure area in the cockpit with some air flow.

• Unfortunately, the initial flash must be done by CBM in CA. Once they do the initial flash, your PCM will be married to my interface cable and I can do all future tuning here at ZZP in MI should you decide to buy a turbo kit from us, put in cams, or anything else that would require the tune being updated.

So you need to have the Slingshot for a week or more to make all this work. My Slingshot is under the hood is "MODLESS".

• So you need to have the Slingshot for a week or more to make all this work. My Slingshot is under the hood is "MODLESS".

For the NA tunes, I will not touch the PCM the first time. You're roughly 3-4 business days in transit from CBM each way. They're fast and turn around time is typically 1 business day. But if you elected to overnight it both ways, you'd only be down 3 business days.

• Plus in all fairness, this IS Kyle's vendor thread, so mentioning any other vendor on a competitor's section is inappropriate

Not meant to sound like a jerk, but forums are too easily derailed (I know, since I have done it myself many times without noticing what thread the discussion was under)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Plus in all fairness, this IS Kyle's vendor thread, so mentioning any other vendor on a competitor's section is inappropriate

Not meant to sound like a jerk, but forums are too easily derailed (I know, since I have done it myself many times without noticing what thread the discussion was under)

And Kyle has been great about answering questions and responding to comments. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Had Kyle had his tune available when I got mine done 2 years ago, I'd have done the same thing and went with his tune. Bob was great to work with, and the cash price for the tune at the rally was $400, and it was done in 20 minutes. But, as Kyle mentioned it was for the N/A setup, with any exhaust set up. Back then, Bob only insisted that a CAI was on the Sling.

As for you never getting a tune, you really are selling yourself short. The tune increased the response of the SS quite notably. I can pull away from any stock SS that hasn't been boosted with ease in matching gear at any RPM. It behaves well, and doesn't rev hang like the original tunes tend to do. And a surprising side effect was that my MPG went up 3-4 MPG. You of all people, with using your SS "cage free", should really consider it. The tune (with CAI) and short throw DDM shifter, along with shocks, were the best things I spent money on for the SS.

Fully agree with Brent. I was very skeptical of what the tune could accomplish and thought the price was high for the simplicity of what Bob was doing (downloading a similarly equipped file from a lap top). Wingshot basically talked me into it 2 years back at Maggie and I respected his opinion. When I went off for some mountain runs after the tune I was downright shocked as to how much more smooth, responsive and powerful the Sling felt. It really is worth the money.

• Fully agree with Brent. I was very skeptical of what the tune could accomplish and thought the price was high for the simplicity of what Bob was doing (downloading a similarly equipped file from a lap top). Wingshot basically talked me into it 2 years back at Maggie and I respected his opinion. When I went off for some mountain runs after the tune I was downright shocked as to how much more smooth, responsive and powerful the Sling felt. It really is worth the money.

That was how I was able to keep up with rabtech the day after the download of the Bob's new tune.

• How would you prefer I post the results? 12

1. As I get them (12) 100%
    2. All at once when the task is finished (0) 0%

Just an FYI for you all, I am taking possession of the stock Slingshot on Saturday. Monday is scheduled for temps in the high 50s to low 60s which will be perfect. I will get a base line pull on Monday, overnight the PCM to CBM to marry the PCM to my interface, install the parts, do another pull on Wednesday or Thursday depending on when I get the PCM back, and then build a tune for it on the dyno and get some final numbers. I'll start a new thread for this but just out of curiosity, Do you guys have any preference on whether I post numbers as I go or would you prefer me to just post all of the data at once? Let me know in the poll.

• Just an FYI for you all, I am taking possession of the stock Slingshot on Saturday. Monday is scheduled for temps in the high 50s to low 60s which will be perfect. I will get a base line pull on Monday, overnight the PCM to CBM to marry the PCM to my interface, install the parts, do another pull on Wednesday or Thursday depending on when I get the PCM back, and then build a tune for it on the dyno and get some final numbers. I'll start a new thread for this but just out of curiosity, Do you guys have any preference on whether I post numbers as I go or would you prefer me to just post all of the data at once? Let me know in the poll.

Could you do a pull with just a Cat delete change while you are doing this? There has to be some difference in the HP with the cat delete.

• Could you do a pull with just a Cat delete change while you are doing this? There has to be some difference in the HP with the cat delete.

yes - Please! If you could do this I would love to know what just the cat delete will do

• Could you do a pull with just a Cat delete change while you are doing this? There has to be some difference in the HP with the cat delete.

yes - Please! If you could do this I would love to know what just the cat delete will do

I am fairly certain I can accommodate this. Would anyone be interested in purchasing said cat delete pipe after I do one pull with it at a 15% discount?