Sway bar / adjustable end link setup

• I have the Twist Dynamics sway bar installed on my slingshot. it has holes for three possible stiffness settings. When I installed my sway bar I was told I needed to get adjustable end links if I wanted to use the two stiffer adjustment holes, as such I used the stock end links in the end most adjustment holes. At some time in the future I would like to try the stiffer settings ,but when I look at it it looks as if the clearance to use those holes gets very limited and could cause the end links to contact the steering rods.

If you have an adjustable sway bar and are using the stiffer settings with adjustable end links I would love it if you could post a picture or two showing the end link and clearance between it and the steering rods. Also I have read that on the sway bars with three adjustment points that moving the end link to the front of the A-arm is required to get the needed clearance again if you have done this I would love to see any pictures you might have showing this

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• no pictures?

• Sometimes it takes a day or two for people to notice the thread or even able to grab a pic, at least in my limited experience on here, so be patient.

Not all of us check this site every 10 minutes :)

And sorry, I haven't added a sway bar, my 2019 feels really stiff on the turns, I don't feel that I need one.

• Edward Neal I have the DDM sway bar and adjustable links. I have left mine on the softest setting. But you can see that the links would need to be on the forward side of the lower control arm.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Edward Neal sorry for the slow response but the camera in my phone died.

I have the DDM sway bar and links but didn't read any instructions.

This is the clearance sitting on floor with wheels straight full left, full right .

I see I'm different from Rob above but I always was a little different.

[product][/product]

• thank you both for the pictures.

• this in mine using the stock end links - just not sure how much room I would have to use that front adjustment hole

i-QtGFpwB-XL.jpg

• another angle

i-mvN65CR-XL.jpg

• I think Dave@DDMWorks has posted some thoughts on the sway bars here before. Suggest a search for other threads on the topic.

All you have to do is search "Sway Bar"

yes I am familiar with the other threads and I have posted in many of them. unfortunately those threads are older and the Twist bar was not an option at the time. the only other sway bar with the three holes was the Alpha and from those older threads it seemed that Alpha was working on special end links to make the front holes usable, but never finished the project before going out of business.

I hae been told that the Twist bar can use the front holes but requires the adjustable end links to do so I assume this because the length of the stock links is not correct - I appreciate all pictures of other sway bars using the second forward hole but it would be more helpful to see either the twist bar or an alpha bar with the three holes installed using the front holes which is not available in the other threads

as a side note why do people assume I didnt search first?

• I would have to look again and measure Edward Neal , but I do not believe even the adjustable DDM links will work with the third hole without hitting the A Arms. I know that you knew about the search function, the comment was really meant to bring the use of the search function to others that are new to the forum. Besides there is not much that you can change about the sway bar

• Edward Neal after looking at your pic I think if it were me and I wanted to try that

3rd hole I'd try moving the stock link to the front side of the A arm. It might or might not clear but it's worth a try!