New Product!! ZZP Slingshot NA Exhaust Package

• ZZPerformance has been no stranger to the GM Ecotec 4 cylinder market, we have been making headers to exhaust systems for the Cobalt, Ion, G5, HHR, etc for years. So the next step for the Slingshot was to make a top quality stainless exhaust package which includes a header and muffler. This will replace 100% of your stock exhaust from the head to the exhaust tip. Tig welded in house, you wont find a higher quality header for the price, well not just for the price, anywhere. You can see it on our webpage here https://zzperformance.com/coll…slingshot-exhaust-package If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Nice!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Is the top bung on the muffler for the o2 sensor? How's the volume? My Alpha side exhaust is too loud with a top.

The top bung is a plug. This is the same muffler we use in our turbo kit. The recirc for the waste gate is normally connected to this. The O2 bung in my muffler is for my Wideband O2 sensor. Let me know if you have any other questions. The volume isn't bad. It's a little louder than stock but not much. It's a little throatier but has no drone.

• The top bung is a plug. This is the same muffler we use in our turbo kit. The recirc for the waste gate is normally connected to this. The O2 bung in my muffler is for my Wideband O2 sensor. Let me know if you have any other questions. The volume isn't bad. It's a little louder than stock but not much. It's a little throatier but has no drone.

Thanks Kyle D. I was curious because I couldn't see a a bung in the photos of the header.

• Thanks Kyle D. I was curious because I couldn't see a a bung in the photos of the header.

The primary O2 sensor goes in the "neck" between the v-band flange and the body of the muffler. Sorry for the bad pic. That's a hard angle to get a camera down in there.

• Thank you Kyle D, been waiting for this one, $599.oo for a performance exhaust , both cats deleted and a header included, this is going to be a good seller for the N/A guys looking for some increased performance, and when combined with a tune , it will deliver !

Can't wait to get it listed !

Oh and BryanL I have to second what Kyle said , it has a definite performance sound , a nice throatier sound , but do date I haven't had one person finding it loud at all !

• Would like to hear a sound bite on this. I'd like to hear it at idle, rowing through the gears on normal acceleration, and also letting it eat. Good price on what looks to be a nice unit. Bad thing is, many of us are already running a header and CAT delete. Any future plans for your muffler or muffler/CAT to adapt to a header type of package without replacing the entire set up for those of us that have already done all but the muffler?

• Can it handle a turbo or s/c ?

This is the same muffler that comes on our turbo kit so yes it will handle a turbo or supercharger. I've been running the same muffler for about 3 years and I really like it. I've had zero issues with mine and it gets regular beatings when we don't have multiple feet of snow on the ground.

• Would like to hear a sound bite on this. I'd like to hear it at idle, rowing through the gears on normal acceleration, and also letting it eat. Good price on what looks to be a nice unit. Bad thing is, many of us are already running a header and CAT delete. Any future plans for your muffler or muffler/CAT to adapt to a header type of package without replacing the entire set up for those of us that have already done all but the muffler?

I potentially have a guy coming in for an install in a couple weeks for an intake, exhaust package, and tune. If he pulls the trigger, I will make sure to get sound bites for you. There's a couple links below of mine but it'll sound a little different since I have a turbo kit on.

With all of the different headers out there, it would be difficult to make a pipe that would adapt to them all or even a few specific units. And to be honest and up front, we typically don't make parts to adapt to other companies parts which has its upsides and downsides.

We are also going to be releasing this header that will bolt up to the OEM exhaust so for the guys running the factory exhaust or an aftermarket one that connects in the same spot you could use that header. Pricing for that header will likely be around $250. Ass backwards from what you were asking but thought I would put it out there.

• Also, if there is anyone out there that would be interested, we are going to develop a tune for the NA guys. With that said, if there is anyone who has a stock SS or has all of their stock parts and wants to switch over to ZZP parts, you would pay for the ZZP parts but we will do the install and dyno tuning for free. We would just need to keep your SS for 2-3 days to develop the tune. If anyone is interested, please email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com

• With all of the different headers out there, it would be difficult to make a pipe that would adapt to them all or even a few specific units. And to be honest and up front, we typically don't make parts to adapt to other companies parts which has its upsides and downsides.

We are also going to be releasing this header that will bolt up to the OEM exhaust so for the guys running the factory exhaust or an aftermarket one that connects in the same spot you could use that header. Pricing for that header will likely be around $250. Ass backwards from what you were asking but thought I would put it out there.

Thanks for the clip, and hope to hear the one that might be coming up.

You are making parts to adapt to other companies parts, you said that very thing in the second paragraph. In fact, everything you do is make parts that adapt to other companies parts. As for the headers that are out there, most bolt up to all factory equipment just like the original cast iron manifold did if there is no other boost in the application. All headers are designed to bolt to the head exactly the same as the iron stock unit does, and if not supercharged or turbo'd the largest majority of them will mount to the stock CAT down tube or a CAT delete pipe.

It sounds like you already have just exactly what I was asking about, but not for sale. If your header will bolt up to the OEM exhaust (like you said in the BOLD text above), then your CAT delete and muffler will bolt up to the 1320 I have on mine now, as it was a direct replacement for the stock iron manifold.

I'm only looking to not replace parts again that I've already replaced and that are doing a good job. It really sounds to me like you have exactly what I might be interested in... and there are many on here that have the same set up that I do. I apologize if I sound harsh, or "in your face" on this.... it's not how I intend to come across. I'm just saying that if your header that you use with this kit, is going to be for sale to bolt up to a stock set up otherwise, then the rest of the kit will bolt up to a stock manifold or any header that is a direct replacement for the stock manifold. If I'm wrong, please show me how......

EDIT: I left the message I originally wrote in full. I looked too quickly, and didn't notice that the header/down tube was one piece. No way it would work with anything stock (other than mount to the head) without an adapter of some type. Blame my dumb self for rushing while looking at this and trying to do 20 other things at once. My apologies to all.....

:SUPERCHARGERSS::REDSS::HEADERSS::FILTERSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

Edited once, last by Goats_Hogs: Added text at end of post. ().

• No apologies necessary. What I meant specifically was that I've gotten a lot of requests to make an adapter pipe to connect to the welter systems out there with our turbo kit. So typically we would not specifically design some thing like that since we have our own muffler for the turbo kit. However, if the welter systems bolt to the factory header on the NA setups then yes, you could use our header with an OEM exhaust, welter exhaust, or any companies exhaust that mounts in the same spot. What we do is design parts to be direct bolt ons to the factory OEM parts.

Regarding hooking to your existing system, the header we will be releasing to connect to factory exhaust you could use to replace your 1320 headers and connect to the rest of the system you have yes. However, our muffler is not getting redesigned. It will always be a v-band connection to work as a proprietary part for our header exhaust package and our turbo kit. My apologies if I was not explaining that correctly or I'm still misunderstanding you.

I'm more than happy to have a convo with you either via email or on the phone if you think you might want to "leave the dark side" ;) and get some ZZP parts on your SS. You can PM me or email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com and we can set that up. I'll also try to get some sound clips up when I can even if I have to pull most of my turbo kit off to do it. However, I'm still going to need less snow on the ground to do it.;( That's where I envy all of you that live where you can ride all or most of the year.

• The only way I see this not working Goats_Hogs is if the header in this package isn't the one he's going to release as stand-alone in the future. Perhaps this header and exhaust has a different connector and they will make it standard on the new version?

I thought that at first, but if you look at the statement he made that I put into bold, he said it is the THIS header (not a similar header). If this header is a direct replacement for the stock manifold (as stated above) then any header that does the same will bolt up to the rest of the set up they make. If they aren't interested in selling it that way, that's fine. I just see a market that they could tap into to sell more parts from a design that they already appear to have. Seems like that would be a good thing for the company. From what I see, the big difference in this system is where the down tube connects to their muffler. Looks like a good system, better than the stock setup which I've had some leaks from in the past.

I do appreciate what ZZPerformance has brought to the table. I've kicked around getting their set up and going boosted. So far, I've chosen to just stay the way I'm set up now, it's really enough for me most of the time. The times that it's not enough, would likely turn into the times I'd be looking at tickets..... LOL!

EDIT: I left the message I originally wrote in full. I looked too quickly, and didn't notice that the header/down tube was one piece. No way it would work with anything stock (other than mount to the head) without an adapter of some type. Blame my dumb self for rushing while looking at this and trying to do 20 other things at once. My apologies to all.....

• Kyle D A couple more questions. If I decide to get supercharged will I need to upgrade this system? Are there any support brackets for the muffler?

You wont need to upgrade the system. The V-Band holds the muffler and does not require any additional support.

Just so you're aware, you could spend less money on a turbo kit than a supercharger kit and make more power with the turbo kit. Food for thought.

• Kyle D Am I correct in thinking this exhaust package eliminates all the catalytic converters in the SS exhaust system?

Also, I've seen performance claims from 1320 for their performance header (+10 hp), what sort of performance bonus would you expect from installing this system? Would a tune be beneficial as well?

BTW, I have a 2019 SLR with CAI, the engine is completely stock.

Thanks!

Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.