What Manual Transmission Fluid are you Using

• I have not put it in yet, but at 500 miles when I change engine oil, I will Also change all other fluid.

Manual Transmission - Amsoil Manual Transmission Gear Lube MTGPK 75W-90 - Full Synthetic

Engine Oil - Amsoil ASK!G - 5W30 - Full Synthetic

Engine Oil Filter - WIX 57082XP

Angle Drive - Amsoil - 75W-140 Gear lube - Full Synthetic

Oil Filter Socket - Lisle 32MM Socket for GM Ecotec Engine 14700

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• I have not put it in yet, but at 500 miles when I change engine oil, I will Also change all other fluid.

Manual Transmission - Amsoil Manual Transmission Gear Lube MTGPK 75W-90 - Full Synthetic

Engine Oil - Amsoil ASK!G - 5W30 - Full Synthetic

Engine Oil Filter - WIX 57082XP

Angle Drive - Amsoil - 75W-140 Gear lube - Full Synthetic

Oil Filter Socket - Lisle 32MM Socket for GM Ecotec Engine 14700

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• So since when is GL-4 the same as GL-3 which is what our tranny needs?

Also rabtech is there anything in the forums rules about joining and immediately advertising, don't know this person ( dhandwh nothing against you personally) but every single amsoil oil person who joins a forums(not just this forum) tends to spam every thread they post in with their amsoil bs which IS ANNOYING AS F.....

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying there is something wrong with amsoil products, just their annoying reps/dealers.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I've used Mobil 1 products, still using their oil for the engine. I've tried Mobil 1, then Royal Purple for the Angle Drive. Last change I went to Redline, as I ran it in many muscle car manual transmissions and rear ends years before. Theirs works great in the transmission, I have no issues with it (it replaced the original fluid and has been the only change for it). However, the Angle Drive it made it quieter, and stayed that way to a much higher temperature outside than any of the other's I'd tried before it. I went with the heavy duty shock proof, which is synthetic and (if I recall correctly) 85W240. I have 10,000 miles on this Angle Drive change (36,500 total miles on it so far), and it's quieter than it's ever been. I won't use anything else now. Most people seem to run either Mobil 1 or Royal Purple, and I've used both of them. My Angle Drive is happier with the Redline, just my experience.

I don't think the transmission is that particular about the oil used. It pretty well seems happy with anything that meets the recommendation from those I've talked to.

does that fluid help with the rough shifting issues?

• does that fluid help with the rough shifting issues?

I've had 2 Slingshots. around 48k on the first, current one is 35k and supercharged. I've ran this in both, and put it into at least 4 others (friends) that I can think of. None of them had rough shifting issues before or after. I can't say it makes it better, just that it works well for me and my friends and that's what we use. We all do everything from lazy/easy driving taking in the sights, to running the dog mess out of them (pretty regularly, the supercharger isn't for bragging rights.... it's for smiles). Wish I had more helpful info, but I don't.