New on forum and have an admin question about how to add my position on User Map

• Can not figure out how to add my position on the user map.

Also, I never have to sign in as I just hit the site icon on favorites and I am up an running. Do not mind that but just wondering why I am always logged in and never see a log In OR a log Out sign?

Any suggestions?

I just came over from another site and want to get any issues out of the way. When I first signed up I kept getting a finalize registration request but the registration 10 digit code would never come in to my e-mail so I gave up resending after several days however I seem to up and running on the site...

Also, I never have to sign in as I just hit the site icon on favorites and I am up an running. Do not mind that but just wondering why I am always logged in and never see a log In OR a log Out sign?

Any suggestions?

I just came over from another site and want to get any issues out of the way. When I first signed up I kept getting a finalize registration request but the registration 10 digit code would never come in to my e-mail so I gave up resending after several days however I seem to up and running on the site...

rabtech

Will have your answers.

Any suggestions?

Chuck I think you will find this site much more active.... enjoy.

Any suggestions?

Hi Oldchuck . I saw you were having an issue with the verification email and I proactively approved your account. That is why it just started working. Lol..

As far as the map goes it mainly just needs a zip code. You can put in your mailing address but it will start suggesting addresses as you type yours in. Just take the closest suggestion. The reason is because it uses Google maps. And as an example my home address is 588 county rd 93 haleyville al 35565. When I type 588 county rd 93 it starts to give me a pre typed 568 count road 93 haleyville 35565. Dont try to fight it... just take the suggested address. It will drop a pin pretty dang close to your house. Most of the time people just use their zip code.

You set this location under your profile. There is a map tab. I'll see if I can post some pictures of where each click is to get to that spot.

Thank for joining. I am watching the verification issue closely to see why some are sent immediately and some just sit and sit and are never emailed.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm glad your all approved and posting now..

• Oldchuck can you give me a little more info on what your using to browse the forum. Is it a PC or MAC or tablet or laptop. And what web browser are you using. Chrome, Internet Explorer, firefox, safari?

Once you signed in it is possible that the "remember me" got checked. If something like that happened it will remeber you each time you come back to the site. You wont have to put your password in. Depending on the info you post back about your computer I can go farther in figuring out what is happening and if its supposed to do what doing...

No matter what. I'll get you squared away.

• Rab one thing that I noticed with mine is that if I am not already 'live' on the site my e-mail notice wont let me check in directly. I have to type in the site and login. If I am already checked in clicking on the e-mail brings up a new page ready to go.!!!

I may one day learn how to make it all work.

• OldChuck I had the same problem logging out. If you click on your control panel a window opens up. Next knock your screen size down to 80% and you will see your log out at the bottom of the page. For some reason the window is to big and wont show up at 100%.

• Rabtech,

Today I got my POI on the Map. Thanks.

The only thing I still need is finding out how to log out. I believe it is like was mentioned earlier that my screen is so enlarged that the LOG Out does not show up.

Need to figure out how to reduce the size of my Mac screen. Will work on it later today but not really an issue as most inputs to the forum and are posted as soon as you post them so leaving the site up is really not a big deal for me until I figure it out..

Thanks again.

• Rabtech,

Today I got my POI on the Map. Thanks.

The only thing I still need is finding out how to log out. I believe it is like was mentioned earlier that my screen is so enlarged that the LOG Out does not show up.

Need to figure out how to reduce the size of my Mac screen. Will work on it later today but not really an issue as most inputs to the forum and are posted as soon as you post them so leaving the site up is really not a big deal for me until I figure it out..

Thanks again.

Chuck when you want to get someone's attention on this forum... use Oldchuck -- EjFord -- rabtech and that person will get a notification. On my computer I generally don't log out --- just close the page(forum) and that should automatically log you out.

• @Ej,

Thanks for the help.

Noticed today that I did have to log in so I guess it did log me out so will not worry about it.

Did I use the @ correctly or is it an @ that I find on the forum icons.

Will say that problems get resolved MUCH faster here than on the other site !!

• The @Ej only works with the full EjFord won't work @chuc (this case there is a Chuck) only Oldchuck.....