Front camera installation

• Now that I have all of the parts needed to put in my head-unit, I'm going to install the cameras. I'm curious where others have mounted their front camera, and how you routed the cabling. I haven't looked that closely at the head-light wiring, but my initial thought is just to run the camera wire the same route. However, if people have thoughts from their trial and errors, would love to hear them.

Also, if you have them, include pics of where you mounted your camera please.

Thanks!

• I installed two backup cameras with Parking Sensors Amazon.ca price $40 each, one in front under the high point of the front valance and the other above the Rear licence plate run the Front wires along side the passenger Wiring harness. For the rear one I run the wires in the transmission/ drive shaft hump. I am planning to install side view cameras in the futur.All the cameras video output connect to a small 12 volts DC 4ch color video Quad splitter MulTiplexer processor switcher for CCTV security Cameras with a remote control and reverse option off reverse images. Amazon.ca $68.99 CDN. I mounted the Quad in my glove compartment! Small footprint and connect the output to my 7" GPS / Video unit. You Can do the same by plugging the Quad video output to your new head unit and view all the cameras on. The split screen or view the cameras you want on the 1-2-4 screen options. Take your time when you run your wires,solder and shrink wrap all connections if you can.

• I mounted mine just under the nose and ran the cable along the rail on the right side of the frame then behind the glove box and into the radio compartment. I have since remounted it to the grill to avoid the cable moving along with the hood when it opens. On tip if there is an in line connector on the cable make sure it ends up in the engine compartment so you do not have to remove the radio if you ever need to remove the camera of the front of the SS.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!