I inherited an old golf cart, a club car and I don't know much about it. I have two chargers, the first one shows an error on it, but was told that it was probably bad. The second one looked fine and after 24 hours, the ammeter showed 15 or so. This is a 48v cart I think, seem to recall being told that years ago.
Turned on key and got a faint hum when I pressed on the pedal and the ammeter slowly faded out, as if it had a very slight charge.
Oh, did I forget to mention that I know nothing at all about these?
I'm guessing my next step should be to unplug the batteries and test each one with a voltmeter. I think the batteries are 4 or 5 years old, but it has sit for at least a year, if not more.
My goal is to get it running, use it here in the yard because I'm a lazy ass, and to let the grandkids drive around.
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.