Can anyone tell me the wattage output on the stock 2016.5 SL stereo?

• Looking at possibly updating the stock speakers. Plan to go with 6 1/2" to replace the woofer only. I am not looking to spend lots of money on this, just get a little better sound from the stock unit. I just want to find something that is comparable to work with the existing unit. I'm interested in finding out the RMS and max output to match a speaker to that. Thanks!

• something to look at

• 61a0fRKIn-L._SX679_.jpg

Roll over image to zoom in

Polk Audio DB6502 DB+ Series 6.5" Component Speaker System with Marine Certification, Black

Very nice. Do you have this in your Slingshot? Reviews are really good, and price is about what I thought I could get a decent speaker only upgrade.....

• In the next few weeks i am adding new speakers pods under the roll hoops and side pods and amp. I am going to use the stock speakers until they blow then replace with something like these.

• Your 6.5" won't fit without an adapter and spacer (if not a slimline driver). I went with a 5.25" Cerwin Vega component set (using only the midbass driver). Required a 1/4" spacer but otherwise dropped in nicely. Had Morels in but they required a 1" spacer which I do NOT recommend unless you like a plastic hoop digging into your lower left leg. Best part of the CVs is that they are 94 db/1W, which is very sensitive and helps put out a lot of sound without taxing your stock amp too muc