Interesting take on SlingShot future

• one more thing....a Harley or slingshot is not anyone’s primary vehicle....which puts them in the luxury catagory....

Always will be.....

I wonder if they took that into consideration while crying about slumping sales.

Actually, my slingshot is my primary vehicle

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Primary would be you own no other vehicle. if you do....it’s a luxury ...

Well, my wife has her car, a chevy spark that she drives every day, and I have my Slingshot that I drive every day - my wife cant drive a car with a manual transmission so we do not switch cars

so yes the Slingshot is my primary vehicle and I own no other vehicle that I can drive when it rains or is cold - the Slingshot is it

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Goats_Hogs sorry not trying to be a Debbie Downer on this. Just posted the info because the earnings just came out. I honestly have a huge amount to loose and really want to stick my head in the sand but need to stay alert. Just find the stuff interesting and watch how business reacts (some time knee jerk) to stuff like this. As a side note sales are down accross the board for a lot of products that are considered non-essential. Jeep accessorie as well as automotive accessories as a whole are down.

I didn't take it in any other way than just posting facts. The facts are somewhat a Debbie Downer. But I'm still hopeful that the Slingshot will be around for a long time. If not, the fact is, I can likely pick up another one cheap for spare parts, or just find the part through searching. Most of the parts on this thing are off the shelf, and I can make something for many others. I was only giving my spin on it with what you quoted... nothing more.

• I didn't take it in any other way than just posting facts. The facts are somewhat a Debbie Downer. But I'm still hopeful that the Slingshot will be around for a long time. If not, the fact is, I can likely pick up another one cheap for spare parts, or just find the part through searching. Most of the parts on this thing are off the shelf, and I can make something for many others. I was only giving my spin on it with what you quoted... nothing more.

Have we seen any production numbers lately? I don't think I've seen a 2019 VIN to see how many have been produced

• The Vanderhall's are nice but way to narrow in the passenger compartment for me and I also dont care for front wheel drive - - no good for kicking the back out in the corners

Not really my cup of tea either- BUT front wheel drive would I think handle well. One crazy thing is that you have to unbolt the hood to get it off/up. How many of you are going to do that to keep tabs on fluids and what not??

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Is that the total number ever produced.....

Well sure! That is if they stopped production with Wokka's Slingshot and haven't made any more since. (insert sarcasm here if it wasn't noticed by anyone!)

That is the total number of Slingshots that were produced for sale that got a VIN number up to and including Wokka's. He's had his awhile (not to mention they were still building them between the date of manufacturing his and also for the days after that until he actually purchased his), so there have been more built since. And I mentioned those that were produced for sale with VIN, as some of the first ones (pre or early production) may have been built for testing on the streets before any were sold. That's a common practice with some manufacturers. The last 5 digits of the VIN number would be the number of Slingshots that were built for sale at the time of VIN stamping on any individual Slingshot. Mine is 16890.

• https://tradingeconomics.com/u…tates/total-vehicle-sales

https://www.msn.com/en-us/Auto…the-us-in-2018/ar-BBSHDr9

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…es_by_vehicles_per_capita

According to this info.....in 2016 over 255,000,000 vechicles were owned in the US..the population is around 325,000,000

In 2018 total number of motorcycles owned was over 13,000,000

Roughly 5% own motorcycles....this does not take into account the people that own two or more...

• Well sure! That is if they stopped production with Wokka's Slingshot and haven't made any more since. (insert sarcasm here if it wasn't noticed by anyone!)

That is the total number of Slingshots that were produced for sale that got a VIN number up to and including Wokka's. He's had his awhile (not to mention they were still building them between the date of manufacturing his and also for the days after that until he actually purchased his), so there have been more built since. And I mentioned those that were produced for sale with VIN, as some of the first ones (pre or early production) may have been built for testing on the streets before any were sold. That's a common practice with some manufacturers. The last 5 digits of the VIN number would be the number of Slingshots that were built for sale at the time of VIN stamping on any individual Slingshot. Mine is 16890.

I bought mine on December 27th, and I'm assuming it has a manufactured date on it, will check when I'm home this weekend.

• We traveled 150 miles to purchase our SlingShot in 2015, today we are having to travel 210 miles to get our SlingShot serviced. If they happen to also get out of the SlingShot business, then the next dealer will be 260 miles.................................... :(

It is very hard to get excited about purchasing a SlingShot when you have to take a whole day just to go and look at one, or get it serviced. I simply do not understand where I would think that Polaris would want each and every one of their dealers to promote the SlingShot, rather than to continue forcing them out? :/

Bill

• We traveled 150 miles to purchase our SlingShot in 2015, today we are having to travel 210 miles to get our SlingShot serviced. If they happen to also get out of the SlingShot business, then the next dealer will be 260 miles.................................... :(

It is very hard to get excited about purchasing a SlingShot when you have to take a whole day just to go and look at one, or get it serviced. I simply do not understand where I would think that Polaris would want each and every one of their dealers to promote the SlingShot, rather than to continue forcing them out? :/

Bill

Polaris isn’t a major manufacturer of millions and millions of units as are GM, FORD or DODGE That have a dealership in every town.

Bill

My dealer is much closer, but even so I only go there for service if it is a recall or something I cant do. All of the regular service like oil and lube I do at home. In the time I have had my Slingshot she has only been back to the dealer one time and because she is my daily driver I had to rent a car and leave her there

• Polaris isn’t a major manufacturer of millions and millions of units as are GM, FORD or DODGE That have a dealership in every town.

Maybe so, but Polaris has now forced at least three dealers here locally to quit selling the SlingShot.

Including the Polaris dealer just down the street from us, there must be a half dozen or more dealers between us and our nearest SlingShot dealer, though Polaris requirements keeps them from offering the SlingShot. And, on the same topic, we have also found out that those dealers cannot even order parts, servicing supplies and/or accessories for the SlingShot because they are not a SlingShot dealer. :(

Bill

• I feel your pain on the long trips to the dealer but here, in the belly of the beast, I have my choice in any direction. I choose one that is about 10 miles further than my closest as I am a "waiter" and a lizard in their lounge while work is done. Got my coolant tank installed and out the door in a little over an hour on a Friday morning. Can't beat that!

• I feel your pain on the long trips to the dealer but here, in the belly of the beast, I have my choice in any direction. I choose one that is about 10 miles further than my closest as I am a "waiter" and a lizard in their lounge while work is done. Got my coolant tank installed and out the door in a little over an hour on a Friday morning. Can't beat that!

Can you tell me which one this is - - As you know I use Malcolm Smith

• Can you tell me which one this is - - As you know I use Malcolm Smith

https://www.delamomotorsports-orangecounty.com/

I used to go to Malcolm Smith and really don’t have any problem with their service however having to leave my Slingshot there for almost 8 days to get the brake sensors replaced was a little much. I have been to Del Amo motorsports four or five times and each time been treated really well and out the door in no time at all