Coming spring 2019 - MeanSling QuickShade

• Reaper,

Let me know when your on your way to the keys. If your coming down the east coast of FL, lets meetup.

Barry

Absolutely. As of right now if all works out that's the plan. Figure out where our stops will be each day for the week and hopefully meet some members along the way. I think the plan right now is to come down the gulf side. Stay a couple days in the keys. Then make our way back up the east coast. If everything gets set then I'll definitely create a separate thread for anybody interested in getting together that week.

• I would be very interested in this. Guy in my riding group has a mean sling sport top and it is just too low in the front for me and not compatible with my baker air wings (which are key to getting air flow in the passenger compartment in the summer). This looks like a perfect solution to those days when the sun is beating down and a little temporary relief is all you are looking for. Moved to slingshot from riding bikes no absolutely no interest in having top on all the time, but this is a great idea that I'm sure many other "no top for me" riders would be interested in.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I would be very interested in this. Guy in my riding group has a mean sling sport top and it is just too low in the front for me and not compatible with my baker air wings (which are key to getting air flow in the passenger compartment in the summer). This looks like a perfect solution to those days when the sun is beating down and a little temporary relief is all you are looking for. Moved to slingshot from riding bikes no absolutely no interest in having top on all the time, but this is a great idea that I'm sure many other "no top for me" riders would be interested in.

Understand perfectly about not wanting a top and is the very reason the sport top has been designed to still be removable.

For any fixed top and in this case even a quick to remove shade you must have room built in to allow entry and exit for 95% of possible customers. To do this the shade or top must be narrower at the front so a person with a helmet can drop in and pull themselves out without having to avoid the top material. As such, and like other ridged tops in the market you do have less coverage than the Sport Top offers.

I also must remind everyone that for the very tall or very long waisted the top of the mesh fabric is in line with the top of the hoops. As a temporary " use it when you need it" shade and to keep cost down this is fixed.

It's a balance as to what people want, majority of possible users and the price they are willing to pay.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Ok..... So here we go. You have been asking what the price will be.

$439.00 for the front removable a-frame, marine grade 80% mesh shade and storage bag.

All 100% North America made (for our northern neighbors.. :thumbsup:)

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Welcome aboard Will Stewart - looking forward to photos of your ride and adventures

$439.00 for the front removable a-frame, marine grade 80% mesh shade and storage bag.

Sounds good. Will it work with Baker wings on F4 +5 windshield?

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Absolutely. As of right now if all works out that's the plan. Figure out where our stops will be each day for the week and hopefully meet some members along the way. I think the plan right now is to come down the gulf side. Stay a couple days in the keys. Then make our way back up the east coast. If everything gets set then I'll definitely create a separate thread for anybody interested in getting together that week.

I live in Delray Beach. 28 Miles North of Fort Lauderdale. In fact I95 runs right through town.

FYI- Delray Beach was rated as the Most Fun Small Town by Rand McNally.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8x…+-+Visit+Delray+Beach.pdf

If your interested in staying over, there is a great Marriot right on the ocean, walking distance to the famous Atlantic Ave.

https://www.marriott.com/hotel…dr-delray-beach-marriott/

• Definitely sounds like a stop to be made on the way down or back up or both!

• Ruptured Duck do you happen to have a pic of what the mirror mounts look like when the top is not in use?

TheWickedReaper currently away from the Sling so this is the best picture I have on my phone at the moment. it's a spacer with a 2"x 3/4" tube for the arms to slide over. Production will more than likely use 1/4" pull pins to remove. Very quick and simple. All MeanSling products are tested well above typically regular driving speeds as well.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• TheWickedReaper here are some additional images. The A-Arm shown has not been powder coated. The mirror mounts are also my original 2year old mounts for the sport top. The position is shared for both designs.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Love it! Will there be other textile options, such as solids or is 80% mesh best for wind, speed, etc?

MiM for now the 80% will be the first offering. Unlike the complexity of the sport top the QuickShade has a better chance for different covers if there is a very strong demand.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

I'm interested in it. I'm 6'8". I've been looking for a top for a while but just haven't wanted to bite the bullet. Especially since i loved the Stinger open front design and lift panels. But i'm liking this top and for all i've really been wanting is a temporary cover it's perfect. Plus I already have the bags!

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• I'm interested in it. I'm 6'8". I've been looking for a top for a while but just haven't wanted to bite the bullet. Especially since i loved the Stinger open front design and lift panels. But i'm liking this top and for all i've really been wanting is a temporary cover it's perfect. Plus I already have the bags!

Jdymag132 it is a temporary top and is designed to attach to the top of the hoops so overall rear height is limited to this. I still believe taller people over 6.4 may still experience some headroom issues with a helmet. I honestly cannot fix this with this product. The mesh is held solid, in place, where it's attached to the hoops and has almost no flutter. Between the hoops has a little flutter at speeds over 75mph but have no effect on function. It's just how wind works. The point being that the taller you are the closer you are to the mesh. Add a helmet and at 6.8 you are at the very limits. Here is a picture of someone who is 6.8 with no helmet. I can't account for torso lenght. That's the real variable.

• Maybe I missed it, but will it work with F4 +7 and Baker wings?

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Maybe I missed it, but will it work with F4 +7 and Baker wings?

Ill need a picture if possible. So many other accessories on the market there is know real way to validate every combination.

As a side note Barker has designed air wings to work with the 3/4 tube. Or possible add the 3/4 mounting brackets and swap the out when needed.

(Slingshot Owners Group)