Coming spring 2019 - MeanSling QuickShade

• MeansSling is excited to announce our new QuickShade top for the 2015-current Polaris SlingShot. We all love the look and feel of our open air SlingShots but some days just wish there was some way to block that midday sun. Whether it be during your spirited drive in the mountains, cruzin down the strip or just stuck in traffic there are times you just wish you had that cover!

The QuickShade is 100% collapsible and can be stored in the back passenger side cubby when not in use. Its always there just in case. When the heat gets too much just pull it out, assemble the A-Arm header, slip on the 80% reduction mesh shade cover and attach to the supplied mirror base mounts. All that is needed is to attach to the rear hoops and you are good to go. Quick, Easy, and 100% removable at any time. Now there really is no reason to not buy some sun shade protection.

We are looking for a late spring release date and will update progress regularly. Pricing information to follow soon. We will also be updating our http://www.meansling.com website as well.

PATENT PROTECTION FILED

Patrick Bennett (AKA - Ruptured Duck)

MeanSling LLC

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• LOVE THIS IDEA!! One of the reasons I have not purchased a top is because I do not want to remove my windscreen that The Pack provided me with! It is very sentimental! This I bet would still work with a wind deflector!

Ill be watching closely!!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I am loving my MeanSling sport top, but if this had been available - - - - - - - - - -

Ruptured Duck - Patrick If down the road I decide I want this is it safe to assume it will work with the mirror mounts that I already have for the sport top?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am loving my MeanSling sport top, but if this had been available - - - - - - - - - -

Ruptured Duck - Patrick If down the road I decide I want this is it safe to assume it will work with the mirror mounts that I already have for the sport top?

Yes it uses the same mount design. It even uses the same position of the mount. Meaning that you simply remove your sport top A-Arms and you slip in the new ones. No other adjustment needed.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Edward Neal I think it's important to point out that this is not what we would call a full top in respect to what is currently in the market. The Sport Top will always out perform this type of product from a full covering more permanent application. If you see yourself having a top on more than not I would still recommend looking into the options available.

If you don't like tops and just need that shade when it's just tooooo freaking hot than this is the thing for you. This has been driven by function over form so the look is not as flowing as the sport top. It's set higher to clear windscreens as well as setting the mesh into the correct air flow location. This is needed to manage flutter and flapping. There is a lot more to the product than simple attaching fabric to the hoops. The assumption could be made that it simply uses existing products that are being applied to the SlingShot. Similar argument was made regarding the sport top and the use of existing components from the boating industry. This could not be further from the truth. Great deal of time is spent making and testing various prototypes over many months. Simplifying the design, reducing complexity, and reducing retail cost are all involved with these products and any product brought to market first by any number if talented vendors. Figuring it out and developing it is the hard part. Simple stating there is another special and replicating it is the easy part.

Sorry.... Kind of got a little winded there.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Edward Neal I think it's important to point out that this is not what we would call a full top in respect to what is currently in the market. The Sport Top will always out perform this type of product from a full covering more permanent application. If you see yourself having a top on more than not I would still recommend looking into the options available.

If you don't like tops and just need that shade when it's just tooooo freaking hot than this is the thing for you. This has been driven by function over form so the look is not as flowing as the sport top. It's set higher to clear windscreens as well as setting the mesh into the correct air flow location. This is needed to manage flutter and flapping. There is a lot more to the product than simple attaching fabric to the hoops. The assumption could be made that it simply uses existing products that are being applied to the SlingShot. Similar argument was made regarding the sport top and the use of existing components from the boating industry. This could not be further from the truth. Great deal of time is spent making and testing various prototypes over many months. Simplifying the design, reducing complexity, and reducing retail cost are all involved with these products and any product brought to market first by any number if talented vendors. Figuring it out and developing it is the hard part. Simple stating there is another special and replicating it is the easy part.

Sorry.... Kind of got a little winded there.

No problem Patrick. I appreciate all of the work you put into your products and I love my Sport Top. Having said that the one thing that really interests me in this new sun shade is the ability to take it with me. Might me a nice addition to complement the Sport Top by being available to throw on when I have left the Sport Top at home

Of course I wont know if this is something I will do until I see the pricing

As a side note - will this sun shade work well with my MeanSling bags - - looks like the straps might want to occupy the same area on the hoops

• I should have known I didnt need to ask - - you always seem to cover all of your bases :thumbup:

• Im getting there.

Open question. Would there be interest if I started a pre-order for these?

Don't particularly like doing that but might help me gauge interest and what volume I need to start with.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I would say yes. I've been watching this thread too and am definitely going to be one of the first orders - if it's within my $$ range. I didn't want a full top because of the entry/exit issues and the low clearance, but this might be something to add when I really need that shade in the Texas sun. At least give everyone a pricing range to think about.

• I would say yes. I've been watching this thread too and am definitely going to be one of the first orders - if it's within my $$ range. I didn't want a full top because of the entry/exit issues and the low clearance, but this might be something to add when I really need that shade in the Texas sun. At least give everyone a pricing range to think about.

thanks chavey2 .

By chance have you looked at the MeanSling Sport Top? It was designed for exactly what you were looking for.

(1) easy entry and exit with flip forward design.

(2) lowest priced top on the market

(3) can be removed and installed with just two knobs.

http://www.meansling.com

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Ruptured Duck , I have always liked your top design.....

Except for just one aspect, and I just can't seem to get over it.

I do not like the way the middle bars go above the rest of the frame.

I like this new top BECAUSE it is flat.

But that is just me.....

a SHORT, FLUFFY guy,:00008040: so no head room problems.

After all, my head is empty anyway.

I would buy one of your sport tops in a minute if those bars just didn't stick up so far, maybe just an inch higher than flat.

But you know how opinions are......:00008172: