Coming spring 2019 - MeanSling QuickShade

• Will look at Bakers brackets but as it stands (just went out and looked at it) there wouldn't be room with the existing placement of Bakers. Will look forward to seeing your products at MV.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Jdymag132 it is a temporary top and is designed to attach to the top of the hoops so overall rear height is limited to this. I still believe taller people over 6.4 may still experience some headroom issues with a helmet. I honestly cannot fix this with this product. The mesh is held solid, in place, where it's attached to the hoops and has almost no flutter. Between the hoops has a little flutter at speeds over 75mph but have no effect on function. It's just how wind works. The point being that the taller you are the closer you are to the mesh. Add a helmet and at 6.8 you are at the very limits. Here is a picture of someone who is 6.8 with no helmet. I can't account for torso lenght. That's the real varia

Thanks! Not to many states around me require helmet. So my helmet time is limited. I'll wear one on the interstate to cut down the wind and debris hitting me in the face. Still have the factory ripper windshield. Will possibly get the madstad adjustable at some point. Or Baker Air Wings. Apprecitate you showing picture. Really helps with the visual. I think with any roof I'm going to be limited on head room with helmet. All that aside, I think I will give this a shot.

:BLUESS:

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

CAI, Twist Header, Welter Performance Bagger, Pedal Commander

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• Ruptured Duck Did you have any more thoughts on pre-order and possible date of release for such?

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

Twist hose kit, DDM coolant tank. TricLED upper brow lights, LED Headlights, 6 ring chasing halos, chasing body lights, chasing under-glows, 360 flex-style wheel lights, lower brow lights, TufSKINZ kits. D ring steering wheel. Baker Air Wings, aftermarket velocity style seats, Twist foam mats, battery jump ports.

• Ruptured Duck Did you have any more thoughts on pre-order and possible date of release for such?

We are working on it. I'm doing some last minute rework to make the product easier to use so this has moved the needle a little. All the frames parts are being finished now. The mesh tops are also being made. I'm pushing for a release in the next 3-4 weeks if all goes well. Wasn't sure about the pre-order but there appears to be enough people who want to be part of the first run to insure this happens for them. Just not a huge fan of asking for money and not having something ready to go out in exchange.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• We are working on it. I'm doing some last minute rework to make the product easier to use so this has moved the needle a little. All the frames parts are being finished now. The mesh tops are also being made. I'm pushing for a release in the next 3-4 weeks if all goes well. Wasn't sure about the pre-order but there appears to be enough people who want to be part of the first run to insure this happens for them. Just not a huge fan of asking for money and not having something ready to go out in exchange.

Completely understand. I'm going to order one soon as you release it for orders. Can't wait to be among the first for this. Im certain I want the occasional "top" and this is what I've been holding out for after giving it some thought. Looking forward to updates

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• Example of some the 11hour type of work that still goes on prior to a product being released. Will be adding a very simple relocation bracket for the mirror. It will allow further adjustment for shorter people and can be mounted low in the original position or on top of the A-Arm quick release mount as shown. I have also included a pic showing how my (not to market yet) mirror arms actually covers hides the quick release. The quick release will be supplied with the QuickShade but the design will still allow it to be installed onto the existing Sport Tops. Just push down on the pin and pull.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• We will be placing the QuickShade on our website in the next few days and taking pre-orders at that time.

$439.00

Shipping end of March.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Unfortunately for me I spent my allowance on an exhaust. I'll have to wait another month to get the top. But it's definitely next on the list.

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade

• This probably would have been the perfect top for me if I did not already have the sport top - I might change my mind some time down the road but at this time I think having both would be over kill

either way I want to say congratulations on another great product I suspect this is going to be a huge seller

now if you could offer some plastic end caps to put on the tubes by the mirror mount to keep dirt and water out of them when my Sport Top is not installed that would be something I would buy - - especially if they came in red :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This probably would have been the perfect top for me if I did not already have the sport top - I might change my mind some time down the road but at this time I think having both would be over kill

either way I want to say congratulations on another great product I suspect this is going to be a huge seller

now if you could offer some plastic end caps to put on the tubes by the mirror mount to keep dirt and water out of them when my Sport Top is not installed that would be something I would buy - - especially if they came in red :)

Pipe caps, vinyl. You can get in just about any color you want. How about the same people that sell the lug nut vinyl covers, they have different sizes and colors. The plugs are also available but I would have to look up. A lot of this stuff is available but only in large quanities.

• OK, the QuickShade has been out a while now, how about some reviews? :thumbsup:

Bill

Yes - - would love to hear from users how it is on the road

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• OK, the QuickShade has been out a while now, how about some reviews? :thumbsup:

Bill

I picked up one at the Homecoming Rally a few months ago. Very happy with it overall. The minimalist design is exactly what I was looking for and the price was right. The mesh top does a great job of screening a majority of the direct sunlight to help with temps, but still allows you to be able to see the sky so it keeps the open cockpit feel. I'm running a F4 +5 windscreen and noticed a significant reduction in air turbulence when driving home after install which was a pleasant surprise. I still get air movement, but it is a lot cleaner coming in than it was before we added the quickshade. My guess is that the frame of the quickshade is right in the air flow over the windscreen and the mesh fabric disrupts the flow smoothing it out. Removal is quick and easy and everything rolls up in a bag that fits in the storage compartment or behind one of the seats. I had a Jeep in years past (until we had the 3rd kid and I ran out of places to put everybody). My wife commented when she saw it in person that it was sort of like a mesh bikini top on a jeep (which would be another great thing I wish I had on my jeep back then). No significant impact getting in and out on the drivers side with non-removable steering wheel (other than I have to slide at a bit more of an angle than I did before). My wife was used to just stepping in and sitting straight down on the passenger side so the top does restrict that and she has to come in from an angle now. The roll bar tops probably offer an advantage if you have a hard time getting in and out with a top since there is nothing to grab a hold of with the quickshade. No significant flapping at speed (compared to my old jeep bikini top). There is a slight "whistling" sound when driving as the air moves through the mesh fabric, but it isn't very loud and I didn't even notice it after a few rides. Haven't had any issues with straps loosening up with use. I run baker airwings and can still use them with the quickshade frame, but the turn in is more limited than before but still enough to get wind into the cockpit on those really hot days. The airwing mounts would rattle against the quickshade frame, but solved that with a couple of black felt pads from that hardware store. Great product and I would recommend it to anyone that wants a top with just enough substance to help with shade, but not so much that you lose the open air feel.

One thing I forgot. I'm 6'2" and the quick shade is the only top that I've seen that doesn't restrict my view of the road ahead. The frame sits up a bit higher so the top is more parallel to the ground which gives it more clearance over the windscreen. I can see traffic lights sitting normally in the seat. Not sure if that was by design or not, but it was a key selling point when I gave it a test run with Ruptured Duck during the homecoming rally.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

Edited once, last by Will Stewart: added additional review info ref: frame height ().

• Will Stewart the quickshade was designed from day one to offer best possible visibility and ease of entry without affecting coverage. Fine balance for sure. Very happy to hear you are enjoying the top. Thanks

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• All I can say is I'm glad that i got it. The top cuts out plenty of sun and the sling looks great with it. I'm 6'8 and my head just barely ribs on it, but with a hat I can't tell. There's very little wind noise or flapping. My line of sight is not affected and if I'm first up at a red light I can see through the top. My kids are enjoying their rides with me now that they can get some relief when they get to hot. We did a parade in 90+ degree sun one evening and started relatively cooler than the other guy with no top. I live that it takes apart and puts on in five minutes or less. And stirred nicely behind the seat. Many people were interested in it at Eureka Springs. I was only one there that had it.

Now my only dislike is that it's tricky for me, bring the big guy I am, to get out. Haha. I have figured out it though and it's not so bad now. Just look really awkward doing it.

I also have the Meansling bags and the straps all counter each other. Great work on that Ruptured Duck. Great product!

2016.5 Blue Fire

Meansling Quick Shade