• For those who have the 1320 header installed, have you noticed a substantial decline in gas mileage? I am still running stock exhaust and prior to changing the header I was averaging around 27 mpg.....now I am only seeing around 20.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• When I was running the cat delete with the 1320 header with CAI it increased my gas mileage by 4 mpg. This is not by the computer, this is with a 1,500 to 1,600 mile average with all kinds of driving. Usually when leaving home on a trip I would record the mileage and all of the gas for the trip and then figure the average. This was done four or five times over different trips. When I installed the Welter Duals and did the tune I dropped 4 mpg, even Bob does not understand this

Check for leaks at the manifold gasket, exhaust coupler, and spare sensor bung .... leaks can mess with the O2 sensor reading causing mixture issues ....

If none are present and you verify this much of a drop in MPG if it was mine I would change the O2 sensor ... assumption would be it was either damaged or contaminated during the installation ......

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• If I remember correctly the O2 sensor was not removed at that time to change the exhaust. A faulty wire should have had a fault code if there was a problem at the time. About 25 miles because of rain after the tune and around 250 miles the next day with no problems or codes. OH! and we were HAULING ASS on most of those miles. I can even tell you who I was following on that ride if you have doubts, it was that white SS drove by the PANDA himself. I could even tell who was behind me and could not keep up.:REDSS::HAULSS::DONKEYSS:

• NO! It is not, almost 60,000 miles later and still no change. BELIEVE ME I was getting an honest 34 MPG This was done in June at Maggie Valley 2016. As said the only change was the Welter Dual and Bob's tune the same day. OH! and working on 76,000 miles now

Sorry, I was replying to the OP. Orangeman may be on to something too (for the original poster).

• Since the Bob's tune, CAI, 1320 Header, CAT delete, I've gotten anywhere from 26 up to 35 MPG. Most tanks are around 28-30, however I do drive open road a fair amount of the time. When commuting to and from work, I have about 3 miles of city driving and 56 miles of highway. Even when I take it out for play in the twisties, I'm over an hour highway driving to get there. So that helps the up the MPG I'm certain.

Performance wise, I'm leaving mine alone from here out. It runs strong, behaves well under all circumstances, and still gets really good MPG. I'm not risking messing up a good thing.

• Since the Bob's tune, CAI, 1320 Header, CAT delete, I've gotten anywhere from 26 up to 35 MPG. Most tanks are around 28-30, however I do drive open road a fair amount of the time. When commuting to and from work, I have about 3 miles of city driving and 56 miles of highway. Even when I take it out for play in the twisties, I'm over an hour highway driving to get there. So that helps the up the MPG I'm certain.

Performance wise, I'm leaving mine alone from here out. It runs strong, behaves well under all circumstances, and still gets really good MPG. I'm not risking messing up a good thing.

Part of my problem now is the front fenders, I have not checked the mileage since they were installed. But on track day the fenders are parachutes, they dropped my top end speed on the front straight from an easy 115 mph to a hard to 110 mph, turn 9 had to be perfect to hit that number (110).

• We discovered on our trip last summer that there is a huge delta, or at least on our three machines, when you get above 65 miles per hour, and then another drop in mileage when you get above 80 miles per hour. Since FunCycle spends all his time at warp speed, I'm really not surprised his mileage has dropped. Maybe if we got him an ion particle drive or something..... LMAO

• We discovered on our trip last summer that there is a huge delta, or at least on our three machines, when you get above 65 miles per hour, and then another drop in mileage when you get above 80 miles per hour. Since FunCycle spends all his time at warp speed, I'm really not surprised his mileage has dropped. Maybe if we got him an ion particle drive or something..... LMAO

How many of you run with the cruise set at 100 MPH? From Columbia to Asheville on I-26 speed is normally about 85 for traffic flow. But coming back on I-26 Asheville to Columbia normal traffic is around 100 MPH for some reason, I do not understand why the difference. I do this trip 4 to 6 times a summer getting to the Maggie Valley area fromhome.