Yahoo! - Great Cars Nobody Bought in 2018

• While many of these are nice looking, or are great cars in their own right, the fact is that most of them are cost prohibitive to many people. When you consider that, plus the fact that most also have strong competition for that spot in the same class and price range by other manufacturers, it makes sense that they didn't move that many units. One exception in this group being the 'Vette, but mid engine coming soon is what's holding those numbers lower in my opinion.

I'm much more surprised that the Chevy Volt hasn't done better, and is being discontinued. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for that nor do I want one. But it does something that few if any others do... it has an extended range (in some cases, able to drive it farther than a total electric car on a charge) while also having the ability to extend that range by using the gas engine to supply power if needed to continue farther. I don't know of any that has that long of range on just battery, that also has the back up choice to use gas if you exceed it. If you are into that battery type of thing, it would seem that the Volt had the best of a mix that was out there.

For me I'm happy having my 2015 Impala Limited (old body style) for my work commute of 60 miles a day. I get 28-30 MPG, have plenty of leg room and a comfortable ride, all with over 300 HP on tap if I need it. It's not exciting, but it does what I use it for very well.

• What surprised me was the relatively low sales numbers for the less expensive vehicles on the list like the Fiat 124/Mazda MX-5 (3515/8971, respectively) and the Toyota 86/Subaru FRS (4146 combined). In both cases sales were down 20 - 40%. Since these are some of the cheaper, smaller sporty cars, it doesn't seem to bode well for future sales.

• What surprised me was the relatively low sales numbers for the less expensive vehicles on the list like the Fiat 124/Mazda MX-5 (3515/8971, respectively) and the Toyota 86/Subaru FRS (4146 combined). In both cases sales were down 20 - 40%. Since these are some of the cheaper, smaller sporty cars, it doesn't seem to bode well for future sales.

That goes to what you have already heard me say. When they start building cars that the buying public want the sales may go up again.