Optima Batteries and the Welter Exhaust

• Optima 75-25 battery is 9 1/4 inches long the Optima Group 34 battery is one inch longer. Here is the point if you are running one of the Welter rear exit exhaust. "YOU SHOULD NOT RUN THE GROUP 34 OPTIMA BATTERY" you will melt the battery case. Ask me how I know. I have already melted the Group 25 battery because we forgot to pull it all the way to the outside, therefore melting the whole bottom corner off all the way across on the exhaust pipe. So if you are doing this loosen and pull the battery all the way to the outside and also add a heat shield to the bottom corner. I got 4 months before mine melted thru causing a $226.37 problem with the military discount. NUFF SAID

• Optima 75-25 battery is 9 1/4 inches long the Optima Group 34 battery is one inch longer. Here is the point if you are running one of the Welter rear exit exhaust. "YOU SHOULD NOT RUN THE GROUP 34 OPTIMA BATTERY" you will melt the battery case. Ask me how I know. I have already melted the Group 25 battery because we forgot to pull it all the way to the outside, therefore melting the whole bottom corner off all the way across on the exhaust pipe. So if you are doing this loosen and pull the battery all the way to the outside and also add a heat shield to the bottom corner. I got 4 months before mine melted thru causing a $226.37 problem with the military discount. NUFF SAID

Slingmods only sells the optimia group 34

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Slingmods only sells the optimia group 34

Your auto parts store sells whatever you want. Also I buy the dual post to make it easier to add other accessory hookups if you use the post extension. Which also makes it easy to jump start without pulling the battery. If you are not going to run the Welter rear exit exhaust , that will be fine to run the 34 battery.

• I have the stock group 26 battery. It's 2 inches shorter than the 34 and would be a good fit for the Welter exhaust, but I don't think Optima comes in that size. My battery will be 4 years old in a couple months and it's still holding up.

• The 26 is good. It is one inch shorter than the 25. I put the Optima 75-25 in to get rid of the corrosion of the lead acid battery replaced the Group 26 in my 2015 SS in August.

I have the stock group 26 battery. It's 2 inches shorter than the 34 and would be a good fit for the Welter exhaust, but I don't think Optima comes in that size. My battery will be 4 years old in a couple months and it's still holding up.

• Good information.

Both the slings have Welter exhaust with the Group 34 Optima battery. As recommended, position the battery to the left side of the tray. This has given us about 1 inch of clearance. We have been running it this way for over a year without any problems.

Mine ran almost 5 months, and mine was flush with the inside of the battery tray. Too close to the Welter exhaust pipe

• Good information.

Both the slings have Welter exhaust with the Group 34 Optima battery. As recommended, position the battery to the left side of the tray. This has given us about 1 inch of clearance. We have been running it this way for over a year without any problems.

Just telling everyone what happened, make it light on yourself. From the cover to the inside of the battery tray is only about 9 1/4 inches. The 34 battery is what 10+ long. Even with the 9 1/4 inch battery I am only like 1 inch from the pipe. I will let you know exactly when I install in the morning

• with my sling being electrically stock and no plans of adding any electrical accessories I am just fine with my smaller AGM motorcycle size battery. Down here in our desert heat over the years my car batteries have averaged about 2.5 years of life with the best getting to 3. The factory battery that came in my Slingshot did almost exactly 3 so at this point it seems to hold up just as good as other full size car batteries have for me in the past. Considering I have no plans to increase its work load why not keep it the same

one thing I do like about the Slingshot is where they put the battery it is kept out of the heat of the engine compartment - probably helps with the smaller battery :)

• with my sling being electrically stock and no plans of adding any electrical accessories I am just fine with my smaller AGM motorcycle size battery. Down here in our desert heat over the years my car batteries have averaged about 2.5 years of life with the best getting to 3. The factory battery that came in my Slingshot did almost exactly 3 so at this point it seems to hold up just as good as other full size car batteries have for me in the past. Considering I have no plans to increase its work load why not keep it the same

one thing I do like about the Slingshot is where they put the battery it is kept out of the heat of the engine compartment - probably helps with the smaller battery :)

The reason that I changed was I needed to pull the 26 lead acid battery out about every 6 to 9 months to clean the corrosion off of the battery post.

• The reason that I changed was I needed to pull the 26 lead acid battery out about every 6 to 9 months to clean the corrosion off of the battery post.

mine is the small AGM so it that isnt an issue. its not a spiral like the optima, but the same basic technology

• Yea, I know it is just to small. Just barely enough CCA's

like I said I have no extra things to draw on it and seems to spin the starter with vigor - - also I suspect CCA is probably not as needed here where we almost never drop below freezing

Also I am not inclined to spend close to 100 just to by a mount so a larger battery will fit

• The new Optima 75-25 battery is installed, plenty of room for this battery with the Welter Dual exhaust, if you just pull all the way to the cover. But I still took a couple of precautions so that this would not happen again. Oh, I did not install the battery that melted, someone else did. With the Optima 34 battery there will be very little room between the battery and the exhaust pipe.

• Charged up the Optima 75-25 with the battery tender over night, ready to ride except for the rain here.

Which bracket did you use to hold this smaller battery in place? With the shorter height and narrower width will the after market brackets work without spacers?

• Which bracket did you use to hold this smaller battery in place? With the shorter height and narrower width will the after market brackets work without spacers?

If you are replacing the 2015 Group 26 (the large battery) everything will work as is. The Group 25 battery just happens to be one inch longer than the Original Group 26 battery