Two of the Industries Leaders Join Forces

• Twist Dynamics and Welter performance Partnered today !

Scott Macindoe and Jeff Welter today announced , Welter Performance has joined forces with Twist Dynamics, where Jeff will take over as General Manager and Resident Engineer . To enhance and build upon, the great product lines of both companies.

With all this expertise under one umbrella , I for one am very excited about the Future of Twist dynamics and proud to be an Approved dealer for Both of these firms, as they merge the engineering and manufacturing skills of Welter Performance and the terrific product line up of Twist Dynamics. These manufacturing skills combined with the Distribution Expertise of Scott Macindoe , will almost certainly benefit many, many Slingshot owners across North America.

This is an exciting day for the Slingshot Industry and a great way to kick off a new year , Thank you Both, all the great folks at Twist and Welter Performance.

• I wish nothing but the best to both of you. Live your products and appreciate the excellent service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Now doesn't the same owner of Twist Dynamics also own SlingshotOnly or vice versa? I know they have the same address and I was told by someone it was the same owner, but wasn't sure if they were full of crap or not. Does this also mean Jeff will be involved in SlingshotOnly at all? I would think SlingshotOnly is just a distributor where they are doing manufacturing under the Twist brand. Does Scott own both Twist and SSOnly?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Was just interesting to see the news. I was told the same owner owned them, but now Jeff getting involved... I have had personal experience with manufacturing issues with Twist, so definitely issues there. Good to see they recognize it and doing something about it.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• KayTwo  SaltyClownNY heres what I found out regarding Madstad for you guys.. Madstad and Slingshot only , and S;ingmods, Not Twist, work together on distributing windshields . Madstad is a very large manufacturer of windshields for the entire motorcycle industry, Harleys Goldwings , etc and they also make Slingshot windshields which they do still make and sell direct. They also sell the slingshot windshields wholesale to preferred distributors like Slingshot Only who then offers them on their site and to their Dealers, hence they are listed on my site. Slingmods Also sells their products , bought direct from Madstad .

Regarding the new Madstad Ultimate Slingshot Bumper , Madstad has decided this item, not being one of a windshield, which they specialize in marketing, will be best marketed through Slingshot vendors so they no longer sell them factory direct, and they now wholesale them to any Slingshot vendor who qualifies, therefore both Slingshot Only and Slingmods offer the Madstad Ultimate bumper .

Twist is not involved with Madstad. Twist does offer a windshield similar to a Madstad windshield, But not the same. What I,ve said before was , if Madstad had a problem with this they would instantly exercise their standard dealer/ manufacture agreement with Slingshot Only and cut them off, but because they haven't, and still gladly offer their entire Slingshot product line to Slingshot Only, the conflict obviously does not exist in their eyes, nor should that supposed conflict be promoted by forum members not privy to their agreements.

• Thanks for the additional info kev . Now what KayTwo was saying... or how I took it is that Scott also owns them. Or that is how I took it. Which also explains why Madstad has no issues with the above mentioned deal. Hopefully I'm putting that together properly.

Honestly, I don't know how Jeff's management is, but what I have always favored and respected was his customer service and support. He makes good products and he always seems to be ready with product, so hopefully all of that continues into his new ventures which I can't see why it wouldn't.

• Now doesn't the same owner of Twist Dynamics also own SlingshotOnly or vice versa? I know they have the same address and I was told by someone it was the same owner, but wasn't sure if they were full of crap or not. Does this also mean Jeff will be involved in SlingshotOnly at all? I would think SlingshotOnly is just a distributor where they are doing manufacturing under the Twist brand. Does Scott own both Twist and SSOnly?

That is correct SaltyClownNY both separate entities share a common owner, Scott Macindoe , however they are two separate entities, Twist is a manufacturer of their own product line and handles only their own product . Slingshot Only is an e-commerce website that specializes in selling and distributing Slingshot mods

. I,m not going to comment on whether or not who pays rent or what not to who, as they both have separate facilities at the same location. What some have a hard understanding is that they are indeed two separate entities and the Staff at neither have access to the others systems or order books etc , as they are indeed two separate Entities . the only common denominator is the Principal shareholder, Scott Macindoe,. and where he chooses to locate his companies is determined by what suits the best interest of all his companies.

This is quite common for one guy or party to own more than one entity in an industry. Scott Macindoe has never tried to hide this or to deceive anybody . As a matter of fact he is right up front disclosing this to everybody . However, what some people have a hard time figuring out and create conspiracies about, is that the staff at each clearly must and does specify, that they are accordingly, each separate entities and do not operate as one .And they are entirely different staff . and I believe not even in the same physical location as they each have their own facilities, from what I have gathered.

As I understand it Jeff Welter's agreement is with Twist Dynamics and not Slingshot Only, although Slingshot Only does purchase a lot of their items from Twist , Hence Slingshot Only in the long run may also Benefit from Jeff's involvement with Twist.

As I am not authorized to speak directly for neither, I only offer this information from what I have knowledge of, being both an Approved Distributor for Twist Dynamics, with an altogether separate Distributor contract with the other entity Slingshot Only.

• Didnt Twist also buy/takeover the Madstad Stinger roof?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes Edward Neal I remember Twist bought the rights to the Stinger top from Madstad ,

But remember in any sales transaction, whether or not a transaction takes place is ultimately the decision of the seller . A purchaser never gets to dictate when or at what price, a seller sells a privately owned corporation., only the seller decides that.

Consequently the more accurate way of describing these events is;

,- Noel Hughes decided to sell Slingshot Only and Scott Macindoe bought it

-The original Twist Dynamic s proprietor decided to sell Twist and Scott Macindoe bought it.

-It was Madstad who decided to sell the rights to the Stinger and Scott bought them.

-And the WELTERS have chosen to deal with Scott Macindoe of their own free will.

Any one of these parties, as they were in control of their companies at the time ,could have or for all we know, may have , offered to sell to Slingmods but ultimately it was Scott Macindoe who made the investment in these products, further investing in the Slingshot industry . I for one have a hard time resenting Scott for that, Instead I admire the investment he is making in our industry and look forward to seeing what they can do together with the entire Welter organization on board.

Please Edward Neal I apologize if it looks like I'm posting these thoughts to you directly , I am not, I am only trying to level a playing field in a forum where we are all supposed to be able to speak our minds freely.

• You *are* persistent, I'll give you that.