COOLANT TANK ISSUES?

• Interesting, none of the parts supply houses, (including Polaris), show a superseding part number, (5439572), I'll be very curious to see what you find out?

Update: OK, me bad, the 2019 parts list does show a different part number, (5455083), like you SoCal, I am now curious how is it different, (other than it's higher cost), and is it interchangeable with previous years?

Bill

• This is my new dealer - the parts dept said they are looking into this for me.Hope to hear back today if possible. I have an apt on Tuesday (and maybe rain so that is a no go) as they have to see the tank and inspect it prior to making a warranty issue. I paid for the 6 year warranty so I want to go this way first.

IF the replacement is NOT an updated or improved version I will go with the DDM tank and be done with it. The dealer will only replace what Polaris has to offer under the warranty. This tank has 15k miles on it before the fail and although I can and do appreciate all the cool stuff people put under the hood - me - I just want that stuff to work and be reliable, don't care if it is plastic or aluminum.

Wish this one liter one fit... 39 bucks on Ebay brand new.:/

( Yes I have Scottish blood in my veins!)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• It is when I come across items like this that cause me to pause paying four times as much? :/

Bill

Try to modify this mass produced generic overflow can to work with the Slingshot (need to add ports) then fabricate a mount, find a proper pressure cap that fits (since we have a pressurized recovery system, not just an overflow), and hope it performs beyond its price point (given it is not designed as a pressure vessel and the plastic sight tube/fittings I wouldn't take that bet) then come back and tell me if a limited production unit specifically designed and tested to install and perform as a direct replacement so not to damage your motor isn't worth more money ......

nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Try to modify this mass produced generic overflow can to work with the Slingshot (need to add ports) then fabricate a mount, find a proper pressure cap that fits (since we have a pressurized recovery system, not just an overflow), and hope it performs beyond its price point (given it is not designed as a pressure vessel and the plastic sight tube/fittings I wouldn't take that bet) then come back and tell me if a limited production unit specifically designed and tested to install and perform as a direct replacement so not to damage your motor isn't worth more money ......

nerd-squared

Ya I understand but you can get a pressurized one for 39 bucks too.

Mount would be a piece of 90 degree channel and drill holes to fit. Not sure if I want to tinker with this one but as said prior, 4 times as much .....

• Just spoke to my dealer about the possible upgrade on the coolant tank. They agreed that there is probably something new about the tank because of the new superseded number however they said Polaris does not supply them with any literature as to what may have been changed. I just have to keep my appointment on Tuesday and go from there . I just got a recall notice for the back up camera in the mail yesterday. I installed my own with an aftermarket so it doesn’t affect me thank goodness

• Just spoke to my dealer about the possible upgrade on the coolant tank. They agreed that there is probably something new about the tank because of the new superseded number however they said Polaris does not supply them with any literature as to what may have been changed.

If you have local access to a dealer, you could just go and check out a 2019 and then compare it to the 2018's or previous still left on the lot? I am surprised that the dealer just didn't do this?

Bill

• SoCal, what aftermarket camera did you get? Does it fit like the oem?

it was last year about this time I posted everything i used for the back up camera I will research that post and repost for you if I can find it. If not I can find my parts on eBay and relay them to you as well . Back to you soon

• SoCal, what aftermarket camera did you get? Does it fit like the oem?

Head unit install with back up camera

This is the one I used. Very happy with it it comes with back up lines or not I got the camera without the lines. Can’t find this on Amazon now though.

I bet this one would work as well. This style will snap right into the OEM plastic Polaris fitting. I pulled out the blank on my base model and installed the Polaris plastic unit and snapped the back up camera into it. Looks OEM.

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Local dealer has one in stock ( probably the one they ordered for me but not organized enough to know). Anyway Thursday is supposed to be in the 60’s so going to let them change it. Will probably put extra money to coolant tank fix. Not that I have an issue yet, but I always like to be prepared