Rear-facing floodlights

• Ok, legit question. Anyone else get tired of getting tailgated in the Sling? Makes me nervous, akin to being tailgated when I'm on a motorcycle.

So what would/could you mount on the Sling, rear-facing, bright enough to warn drivers off your rear end? What and where?

• I don't live near or frequent cities in the Sling. I don't have much problem with tailgaters, as I'm usually running faster than anyone behind me. If they get too close, I'll speed up. My favorite way is when there's a long line of traffic in front of me doing 50 in a 55.... :D

About 6 years ago, I was on my way to work on the Harley. Half way to work, I pass thru a small burg with a 4 way stop. Leaving that 4 way, the speed limit turns to 55 right away. A semi truck was ahead of me, and was taking his time getting up to speed. Nothing was coming towards us, so I just went around him. I didn't let it eat, wasn't on the throttle making a lot of noise, and I didn't cut him off. About 2 miles farther the road got twisty with curves. I was running a little over 60 MPH, and caught up with a line of traffic. The truck driver behind me got up so close I could hear the diesel running. He was about a bike length behind me. I dropped it 2 gears and throttled it to the stop passing all I had room to. The semi came out behind me. I put lots of ground between us. As I slowed to about 70, he was again gaining on me. It took me 85 MPH to keep him from getting close. That was one time I would have welcomed a State Trooper. Not sure what the truck driver's deal was, but I wasn't hanging around to see if he just wanted to be friends.

• I don't live near or frequent cities in the Sling. I don't have much problem with tailgaters, as I'm usually running faster than anyone behind me. If they get too close, I'll speed up. My favorite way is when there's a long line of traffic in front of me doing 50 in a 55.... :D

About 6 years ago, I was on my way to work on the Harley. Half way to work, I pass thru a small burg with a 4 way stop. Leaving that 4 way, the speed limit turns to 55 right away. A semi truck was ahead of me, and was taking his time getting up to speed. Nothing was coming towards us, so I just went around him. I didn't let it eat, wasn't on the throttle making a lot of noise, and I didn't cut him off. About 2 miles farther the road got twisty with curves. I was running a little over 60 MPH, and caught up with a line of traffic. The truck driver behind me got up so close I could hear the diesel running. He was about a bike length behind me. I dropped it 2 gears and throttled it to the stop passing all I had room to. The semi came out behind me. I put lots of ground between us. As I slowed to about 70, he was again gaining on me. It took me 85 MPH to keep him from getting close. That was one time I would have welcomed a State Trooper. Not sure what the truck driver's deal was, but I wasn't hanging around to see if he just wanted to be friends.

I've never been an advocate of the common practice of a pocket full of ball bearings, but that sounds like a scenario where they would have been useful.

• thats a pretty common problem where I live -- I have always carried a pocket full of marble sized rocks in my left hand pocket while on the 2 wheeler, I have a pouch on the right hand side of the sling in front of the drivers seat where I keep the rocks. When I get a jerk that just won't back off a simple toss of a rock over your shoulder usually gets them in the windshield -- its amazing how quick they back off.

• I had an old biker friend (been gone a long time) that would weld up "jacks" out of finish nails. He would sharpen the head side to a point also. He had a special place at the bottom rear of his leather saddlebags, that had a snap flap at the top to open it. He'd load that with the jacks. At the bottom of the bag he had a piece of steel on the inside of the leather, that a spring was attached to that would hold up the "door". When he reached down to the front of that bag, he had a cable he could pull that would open the door and drop several jacks. Amazing how the back off when the tires go flat. Worked better many years ago with the older tires before radials.

• I have a friend that used wire staples ( just put a little bend in them) I have been told by 2 state troopers that it is against the law to put someone in danger -- so I asked what about putting me in danger when they tailgate ( no answer ) If you got caught with staples or jacks on your ride then you would be screwed -- its kind of hard to prove where the rocks came from

• I had an old biker friend (been gone a long time) that would weld up "jacks" out of finish nails. He would sharpen the head side to a point also. He had a special place at the bottom rear of his leather saddlebags, that had a snap flap at the top to open it. He'd load that with the jacks. At the bottom of the bag he had a piece of steel on the inside of the leather, that a spring was attached to that would hold up the "door". When he reached down to the front of that bag, he had a cable he could pull that would open the door and drop several jacks. Amazing how the back off when the tires go flat. Worked better many years ago with the older tires before radials.

Called "caltrops." ;)

• I have a friend that used wire staples ( just put a little bend in them) I have been told by 2 state troopers that it is against the law to put someone in danger -- so I asked what about putting me in danger when they tailgate ( no answer ) If you got caught with staples or jacks on your ride then you would be screwed -- its kind of hard to prove where the rocks came from

when I was younger I had a friend who ran a tube from the window washer fluid pump to the back of his car by his license plate. When anyone tailgated he would hit the button and water would start squirting on them. Not knowing what the fluid is that is coming out of the car in front of them and spraying at them people tend to back off rather quickly

as a side note water is one of the few things that it is actually legal to throw from a car in most states

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Technically.... litter.

Balloon filled with water, frozen, balloon removed, then kept in cooler that's hooked into power to stay cool? Ice melts, maybe leaving a puddle afterwards? Hey, I wouldn't do it, but I think like "They" do..... Just don't get caught with the ice balls! (where is Tripod when you need him!)