Legal limit changes

• Just saw a local news cast reporting that the state of Utah is lowering the legal alcohol limit from 0.08 to 0.05. Get nana make it real hard to have one beer and then make a run.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• PA just passed a law...3rd DUI is a felony offense...4th automatic felony...

I’m much more concerned about texting a...holes...who just like drunks have willingly given up control of their moving vehicles making them deadly weapons...

• Just saw a local news cast reporting that the state of Utah is lowering the legal alcohol limit from 0.08 to 0.05. Get nana make it real hard to have one beer and then make a run.

I officially quit drinking on July 11 2017 - - haven't touched a single drop since the night before. The main reason for quitting was because I had let drinking become an every day thing that was way out of control, but a second reason was the knowledge that when I am riding the Slingshot I need to be 100% in control

I am sure I was capable of driving/riding even after several beers, but merely being capable was not good enough in such an open vehicle

Looking back knowing how many times I got behind the wheel when I know I would have tested over the limit I have to say I am very very lucky I never got nailed for a DUI or even worse got into an accident

Anyway I am not suggesting that anyone should quit drinking, I am just very glad that I did and things like this change in the law are no longer something I need to worry about

534 days, 15 hours and a bit over 20 minutes of completely alcohol free living (yea I'm counting) - - - and the best thing about it is my wife is so happy about it that she encourages me to use the money I would have spent on my IPA on mods for my Slingshot

One of my stronger personalty traits is a tendency to do things to excess - I guess you would say I have an addictive personality

fortunately I have also been blessed with an even stronger ability to stick to my guns when I decide to quit the things I have done to excess.

My daughter works for a doctor who specializes in addiction treatment and he and the other people in his office have expressed total amazement at the fact I have been able to just walk away from my drinking the way I have. They know how excessive it was and they say it is very rare for someone to do what I have done without any help from a support group like AA

anyway - please forgive my bragging, but by sharing my success I now have even more people I would be letting down if I ever even think of drinking again

:thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was amused dining in a restaurant in Springdale at the gates of Zion National Park. "I'd like a cognac, please." "Oh, I'm sorry, sir, we can't serve you until you finish your wine." One sip left, I downed it and received my "one metered ounce" of hard alcohol.

I, too, quit drinking. 11/19/17, an easy to remember all-prime number date. My wife is also happy and yes, I spend now spend my mad money on SS mods versus $25-30 bottles of delicious California zinfandel!

• Many argue that after one drink you are impaired...

Same can be said for marijuana.....look at Colorado’s accident rates flying up the charts...since legalization...

You do know they added a “D” after DUI.....it stands for drugs...above and below the counter impairment...

• Many argue that after one drink you are impaired...

Same can be said for marijuana.....look at Colorado’s accident rates flying up the charts...since legalization...

You do know they added a “D” after DUI.....it stands for drugs...above and below the counter impairment...

Hey Bigdog, might want to edumacate yo' canine self:

"...collisions claim frequencies in the states that had legalized marijuana were about 3 percent higher than would have been anticipated without legalization."

Same article: "But hot on the heels of that analysis came a second study, published in the American Journal of Public Health (AJPH), that found no increase in vehicle crash fatalities in Colorado and Washington, relative to similar states, after legalization."

URL here: https://www.washingtonpost.com…on&utm_term=.3f559b30638e

There are many other articles reaching similar conclusions; I grew up in OR, where my youngest brother lives; my mom lives in WA; my BIL in CO. They've not reported experiencing or learning of (via TV news, daily papers, coworkers/friends/neighbors, etc.) any serious issues from cannabis legalization.

The latest surveys in CO show about a 6% increase in vehicular collisions, most of them non-injury fender-benders.

Just thought you'd prefer to be armed with the actual facts rather than hysterically spewing biased nonsense.

• I also have quit after the problem with my doctor at the time just about killing me (True) in 2014.

• According to the majority of these articles from just one search, the accident rates are up...

https://search.yahoo.com/searc…toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

If I had a choice I would rather not be on the highway with idiot drug users, alcoholics and

Texters......

Or idiots that grew up playing video games that glorified stealing cars and running from the cops when you’re pulled over ...and shooting cops...

Too many videos glorifying street racing in traffic on the net also...motorcycles and cars

The majority of the vehicle crashes in Russia are because of speed and just plain stupidity....probably from being drunk.

• I am sure all of us would like all of the drivers around us on the road to be 100% focused on their driving, but in the end we all know that is never going to happen. The only real thing we can do about it is do be sure we are 100% focused and watching out for them - - as motorcycle and slingshot riders this is even more important than it would be if we were in cages

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In those crazy Russian videos there are many many innocent drivers being hit from other vehicles crashing and then they are sent out of control into oncoming traffic from several hundred feet away. The innocent driver did everything right and still was involved because they had no place to go to avoid being hit.

Also too many red light/stop sign violations. Speed and too fast for conditions on Snow and rain soaked roads. Many rear ended hits also from people not paying attention.

I don’t like taking my SS out if the road in front of my house is wet. I wait for it to dry. That usually means the other streets are dry.

I recently hit a deer that I never saw coming. It was like someone dropped it right in front of me.