Can someone tell me what happened here?

• It hasn't slipped down. It's an odd design, but that's how it should look. There is a cover (flap like) that some have put on that, that will also keep rocks and debris from collecting on the swingarm below that bracket. As I recall, it mount on the 3 pins shown here, and cleans up the look somewhat.

• Thank you! I could've sworn it never looked like that. :) I usually keep this thing in pristine condition but since it's gotten cold here in the northeast, I haven't gotten the hose out to clean off the backside. And yes, the debris does like to collect on top of the drive.

• Here's mine. I just went out and took a picture of it. Thing is, I have a Stealth Fender, so what you are seeing isn't the same. But you can see the bracket that runs lower on the left somewhat. This is an issue that comes up now and then, especially with a fairly new owner. I didn't even notice mine until I'd had it for months.... :00008356:

• Here's mine. I just went out and took a picture of it. Thing is, I have a Stealth Fender, so what you are seeing isn't the same. But you can see the bracket that runs lower on the left somewhat. This is an issue that comes up now and then, especially with a fairly new owner. I didn't even notice mine until I'd had it for months.... :00008356:

Brent...several different types of covers and set ups. here's a pics of mine

Looks like the first one slid down a little -- loosen bolts and should be able toslide it up and retighten. I have different style fender.

• Came back from a ride yesterday and noticed this bracket above my rear angle drive has slipped down.

kTnQnJs.jpg

Thats how my 18 looks. it has been that way from before and after i put on the stealth fender.....To use a Dealers normal quote...

Its normal .....:)

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Thats how my 18 looks. it has been that way from before and after i put on the stealth fender.....To use a Dealers normal quote...

Its normal .....:)

If that is 'OEM' Polaris --- I think I would change it out. The one I have is from SlingMods this one from SlingMods is similar
    https://www.slingmods.com/rall…guard-slingshot?vehicle=3

• That's an odd bracket. Looking at the photo it doesn't have slotted holes for adjustment. If it's purpose is support I would think it would be symmetrical.

You’ll have to ask a Polaris engineer why they did this. My 17 is angled like that and my wife’s 15 is reasonably straight. All the newer ones are angled. Happened after the changes in the entire frame.

• That's an odd bracket. Looking at the photo it doesn't have slotted holes for adjustment. If it's purpose is support I would think it would be symmetrical.

That a bracket on the front drivers side of the rear fender...

These fenders are no longer being made and sold.

I probably have the last one out the door. The fender

dose a great job keeping the 'rooster tail' off the bike and

the back clean.

• One day I will redo the bracket and put my fender back on for the third time, same fender.

• Folks, I installed the Stealth Fender 1.5 on my 2017 Slingshot SL LE Midnight Cherry. I have installed the original Stealth Fender on my 2015 Slingshot. Part of the installation is to mount the fender to these three bottom screws. You will find that the Fenders do not line up with the wheel. Yes, the rear Wheel Assembly is not true on a 90 degree with the back end of the Slingshot. To get the Fender to mount lined up with the tire, you must shim the left rear side about 1/4 " or more to get an alignment. The folks at Paramount Plastics who manufacturer the Fender found this our on the 2015 model. I am unsure of the logic of this, but I am sure there is a valid reason. Maybe it was to give the Fender folks a challenge. I have no clue as to the bracket angle. Just giving some observed facts.

• Folks, I installed the Stealth Fender 1.5 on my 2017 Slingshot SL LE Midnight Cherry. I have installed the original Stealth Fender on my 2015 Slingshot. Part of the installation is to mount the fender to these three bottom screws. You will find that the Fenders do not line up with the wheel. Yes, the rear Wheel Assembly is not true on a 90 degree with the back end of the Slingshot. To get the Fender to mount lined up with the tire, you must shim the left rear side about 1/4 " or more to get an alignment. The folks at Paramount Plastics who manufacturer the Fender found this our on the 2015 model. I am unsure of the logic of this, but I am sure there is a valid reason. Maybe it was to give the Fender folks a challenge. I have no clue as to the bracket angle. Just giving some observed facts.

That angle might be the reason that we have had problems with the Assault Fender!

• I bought the last one out the door to have a spare one to be able to have one on the Slingshot while getting one fixed. Like it but does have some problems...

We have already fixed one bracket so that it will not break, we hope. We just have to fix mine. I just made the bar across the swing arm with the two tabs going up to the front of the fender so that it is totally locked down with very little vibration.

• That angle might be the reason that we have had problems with the Assault Fender!

Absolutely! The angle of wheel is to the passenger side, viewed from the rear. Unless you engineer the fender for this, alignment problems will ensue. That would be a tough design standard to meet.