Vehicle camera opinions

• After watching way too many “crazy crash videos” I’m scared crapless..... Video evidence could be very important in the event of a lawsuit. Very typical scenes of which I can picture myself driving in, in the slingshot...that turn into someone else’s fault...and end in near disasters....

That said, for that reason I’m considering a camera for driving.

There are dash cams, helmet cams and body cams. There are duel cams for front and back views... some have instant playback features, some don’t....some have sound.

The odds of getting rear ended are probably just as high as a frontal crash....

So I’m leaning towards a two camera system. So any feedback from people that have them would be appreciated...pros and cons...probably looking to spend in the area of $200.

It doesn’t have to play on the infotainment display...but easy (fast) installation and removal because of weather (rain) would be a high consideration too.

• If I felt the desire to maintain video evidence of potential accidents I think the best setup would be a camera with a 360 degree view mounted on top of one of the roll hoops

this would cover not only the front and rear, but also the sides should someone run a stop and T-bone you

not sure if such a thing is made, but if you are really worried about it just covering the front and rear seems to me like it would leave a great deal of area unprotected

I do know they make side view cameras that can be mounted in the mirror housing but then you would be talking about a 4 camera system and thats getting pretty complicated

frankly in my over 50 years of driving I have never been in a situation where I needed video - just took each others info and let the insurance figure it all out

also if someone rams you in the Slingshot your probably dead anyway

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Garmin makes a great 360 camera.

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-…eywords=garmin+360+camera

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• there you go - make a mount to attach it on the roll hoop and even if you dont need it for accidents you would have some great videos of your rides

I like it :thumbsup:  

• I just did a search on Amazon and came across this 360 degree option for under $80 - - I am sure it isnt as good as the garmin, but it might be worth a try

Samsung Gear 360

• As far as needing video evidence....it doesn’t lie as many drivers do...

My buddy his wife and daughter just got T-boned before Christmas...heavy rain and daughter was driving was the 3-4th car pulling out with a green light, lady doing at least 10-20 mph over ran the light and hit them on the door post....

One witness stopped and said he had video to provide....don’t know if she was drinking or texting or just stupid...

Ladies insurance adjuster (AAA) called him up...didn’t ask how anyone was just started to tell him he wasn’t paying more than 5 days storage.....

Many years ago my brother-in-law was hit by a guy that ran a red light.....he lied about it. If you don’t have witnesses it’s your word against his...