Winter Solstice and the Upcoming New Year

• This is undoubtedly one of my favorite days of the year - Winter Solstice. It is the shortest day, meaning that they will be getting longer, with more daylight each day for the next 6 months. I always look forward to this day and use it to reflect on the upcoming year. I avoid new year's resolutions since I feel that if you need to make a change in your life, make it on the fly and move on. If you're getting heavy - diet. If you smoke too much - cut back or quit. If you're ugly - too bad (OK that was just mean).

Accordingly, my plan is to meet more of you from this forum that I already consider friends. This likely means more miles on the Sling :thumbsup: and more roads travelled. I may decide to set up a trailer for long-hauls or maybe I just get in and drive. I can easily hit the Colorado, Nevada and/or possibly Texas events - I just need to plan and execute for that to happen. I want to return to Sundre this summer. I'd love to make Maggie Valley and Booze and Blues, and perhaps I should figure out how to fly in and attend sans Slingshot. I got to meet several of you at, and on the way to Sundre Slingfest this summer, and that really solidified one of the main reasons for buying the Sling in the first place. That is to get out and meet new people, make new friends and see new places. OK, that was 3 reasons but they are all good ones.

If you have a goal (not resolution) for your Slinging in 2019, put it out to everyone here and then focus on realizing it. It only takes your own determination to get what you want out of this life. I wish the best for each and every one of you. Cheers!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I plan to make Maggie Valley. All others are not concrete as of yet. Should have time off the week of the 4th, but usually wait and see what the weather looks like closer to time. We did Stockport, Ohio with some friends over Labor Day this year, and would like to do that again.

Best chance to meet you would be Maggie or Booze and Blues, although I've not made it to the latter. I will say this, with Maggie being the premier event with the most turnout, it's the place you should be able to meet more people from here.

• This is undoubtedly one of my favorite days of the year - Winter Solstice. It is the shortest day, meaning that they will be getting longer, with more daylight each day for the next 6 months. I always look forward to this day and use it to reflect on the upcoming year. I avoid new year's resolutions since I feel that if you need to make a change in your life, make it on the fly and move on. If you're getting heavy - diet. If you smoke too much - cut back or quit. If you're ugly - too bad (OK that was just mean).

Accordingly, my plan is to meet more of you from this forum that I already consider friends. This likely means more miles on the Sling :thumbsup: and more roads travelled. I may decide to set up a trailer for long-hauls or maybe I just get in and drive. I can easily hit the Colorado, Nevada and/or possibly Texas events - I just need to plan and execute for that to happen. I want to return to Sundre this summer. I'd love to make Maggie Valley and Booze and Blues, and perhaps I should figure out how to fly in and attend sans Slingshot. I got to meet several of you at, and on the way to Sundre Slingfest this summer, and that really solidified one of the main reasons for buying the Sling in the first place. That is to get out and meet new people, make new friends and see new places. OK, that was 3 reasons but they are all good ones.

If you have a goal (not resolution) for your Slinging in 2019, put it out to everyone here and then focus on realizing it. It only takes your own determination to get what you want out of this life. I wish the best for each and every one of you. Cheers!

Doug OK --- Plan on Flying into North Carolina for the Maggie Valley Rally, I will be going stag and we can share a room and we can share riding/driving my Slingshot.

• Shortest day of the year and I had to spoil it by setting the alarm clock. Day ruined by an appointment.

Following SlingLow 's lead for thoughts of the new year.

I don't write near as many checks for goods as I did in the past...

But, of importance I am thinking, would be entering the number 2019 on the date line.

As for goals for the Slingshot...

We pretty much just sling it as we go.

We will be seeing more of you folks in the coming new year.

Until then...

Best to all in the new year!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Doug OK --- Plan on Flying into North Carolina for the Maggie Valley Rally, I will be going stag and we can share a room and we can share riding/driving my Slingshot.

That would be awesome! Time to get my ducks inarow. I'll go look up the dates and start planning. My wife has a 10 month contract with the local school district and has a schedule similar to the teachers although she works in central office. Therefore, her time off is pre-scheduled and not real flexible. If she can't go, she'd be comfortable knowing I'm staying with a fellow 'senior', you know, the one with all the babes hanging around!;)

• Drive into Greenville, and you and Sara can take our Sling to Maggie, since we won't be able to go. Seriously.

I don't know if you remember but you made that offer last year - before we met. I'm not sure I could handle all that Blue-Power but I sure appreciate the offer! I'm going to try to make Maggie happen...

'Nother question: What if it's just me? I know everyone likes Sara best!8o

• I don't know if you remember but you made that offer last year - before we met. I'm not sure I could handle all that Blue-Power but I sure appreciate the offer! I'm going to try to make Maggie happen...

'Nother question: What if it's just me? I know everyone likes Sara best!8o

Yes, I remember making that offer, and you bailed on me. :P I'm dead serious, dude. Sara or not. I'd love for both or either of you to meet my Heather. Then you can drive up and stay with EjFord but have your own ride.

• I looked up the dates for SSITS and my wedding anniversary falls on that Friday. Might be a tough sell for going solo. I took my brother's advice and refused to get married during hunting season since that leads to divorce in most marriages (unless the wife hunts - mine doesn't), but I didn't account for this event back in 1987. We'll see if I can finesse it. Maybe we can fly out for a long weekend.

• I looked up the dates for SSITS and my wedding anniversary falls on that Friday. Might be a tough sell for going solo. I took my brother's advice and refused to get married during hunting season since that leads to divorce in most marriages (unless the wife hunts - mine doesn't), but I didn't account for this event back in 1987. We'll see if I can finesse it. Maybe we can fly out for a long weekend.

I usually get into Maggie Valley on Monday... That would be 27 May 2019 couple of days before the Rally starts. Fly east on Sunday and west on Thu or Fri!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just tell Sara you're taking me. She'll be okay with you missing your anniversary.

• We'll go dancing in the dark,

Walking through the park,

and reminiscing...

OK, that was kinda gay. But I sure hope to meet up with the band of brothers that are the Panty Dropper Posse next year. Happy holidays to all the guys and gals that make up the forum.

Slinglow out!