1320 exhaust fumes.

• I will take some pics tonight so you can see that it isn't a direct pull. I am attempting to pull the springs sideways and the area is very tight so getting other tools or directions to pull from is very difficult. also no way of coming from underneath. I do appreciate the videos and assistance. I will post some pics later or in the morning at the latest. but I will take some pictures this afternoon.

• Frustration factor 8.... Understood .

No need to post pics...

currently running my fourth exhaust system.

Bloody knuckles and one busted spring.

Just gotta out leverage the spring and guide it home.

And you may end up with a one purpose tool, or two shortened tools...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• yeap, nailed it, frustrated beyond belief. I have tried with two different spring tools, a pry bar, a flat carpenters nail pulling pry bar, vise grips, wooden blocks for leverage, and a number of other tactics that have all failed to get the damn job done. and yes the busted bloody knuckles from the hook tool coming off and slamming fingers into other parts of the engine, all fantastic things that I am certain everyone on this forum has experienced a number of times. I have just come to what I believe is my limit on attempts and am willing to let someone else finish the job for a small fee if necessary. I'm there.

• Don't know if this will work for you, but I hooked the springs up before mating the cat delete pipe to the header. I was able to attach the hard to reach springs with the pipe at an angle then roll it into the muffler flange.

Hope that makes sense.

• yeap, nailed it, frustrated beyond belief. I have tried with two different spring tools, a pry bar, a flat carpenters nail pulling pry bar, vise grips, wooden blocks for leverage, and a number of other tactics that have all failed to get the damn job done. and yes the busted bloody knuckles from the hook tool coming off and slamming fingers into other parts of the engine, all fantastic things that I am certain everyone on this forum has experienced a number of times. I have just come to what I believe is my limit on attempts and am willing to let someone else finish the job for a small fee if necessary. I'm there.

Not sure how mechanical you are, but you could have removed the side panel, did the springs, and reinstalled all of it in way less time than it took to stop cussing after busting your knuckles, and driving yourself nuts! Couple of hours and done👍🤪JMO of course.

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• Melloreel , I had thought of doing that but had seen where others had stated that it was done easily without having to remove the side panel. But when I checked the process of removing the side and saw that it was the entire length of the slingshot to do so I opted for trying it without doing that. Now I am where I am lol.

BryanL , I did that first, that is how I got the first 2 springs back onto the 1320. The other 2 were difficult and after consulting others it was put out that if I slightly started the bolts it would be easier to install the springs and then tighten the header bolts the rest of the way.

I do appreciate all of the suggestions. I am not giving up just yet. just have to find the right method that will work for me I guess.

• Melloreel , I had thought of doing that but had seen where others had stated that it was done easily without having to remove the side panel. But when I checked the process of removing the side and saw that it was the entire length of the slingshot to do so I opted for trying it without doing that. Now I am where I am lol.

BryanL , I did that first, that is how I got the first 2 springs back onto the 1320. The other 2 were difficult and after consulting others it was put out that if I slightly started the bolts it would be easier to install the springs and then tighten the header bolts the rest of the way.

I do appreciate all of the suggestions. I am not giving up just yet. just have to find the right method that will work for me I guess.

NNEVES57 . Don't really have anything new to suggest but will say I've done it & you can too . Keep a positive attitude and you will overcome!!!

Good luck

• The bottom back is the hardest, the top back one I can get it stretched til it is about 1/8" from being there. no room for a pry bar or anything else. soon I hope or I am going to drive it with just the 2 lol

• When I bought my 16.5, first mod was the rear CF wing(not the 3D one)

I have had 3 different exhaust setups on it, all exit in general area as stock, now I have the header with muffler bolted directly to it and also aimed down in stock area, and have never had any type of fumes when cruising around, I just wonder maybe if the wing has helped deflect wind from ever coming back from to cockpit area....

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Ok guys figured I would post an update! New Year’s Day was about 75 degrees here, so we went for a nice ride. Yes I brought a gas mask with me to keep the misses from passing out, to my surprise by the afternoon fumes had reduced by 75-80%? Spent most of the ride thinking about what had changed since our last ride. 1. I think the exhaust that I purchased used but like new had oil, or heavy gas built up inside from previous owner, and it needed to get really hot to burn it all out/off. Misses noted when I first installed it, and took a short ride she thought plastic was burning?? 2. Most importantly I stopped to fill up with good premium gas, since I was down to 1/3 tank. Now here’s the kicker! When we took the initial long ride with new header/muffler and was getting choked out, I had stopped and filled up with Ethanol Free gas at the local station since winter was coming, and I figured it would be sitting for awhile. (Ethanol gas wreaks havoc on boats, and motorcycles) around here during winter. After filling with the premium there was a noticeable difference in the fumes, but at the time I didn’t think about the ethanol free being 87 octane until that night! We still had some fumes, but very minor compared to initial rides!

Hopefully most of the fuming was from lack of detonation due to low octane😳🤔

Weather might clear this weekend so I can ride again, and smell for the fumes! I know several posters had mentioned the gas, but didn’t even think about it.

KISS Principal at its best...

• Why are you deleting the cat delete? Fumes?