Feedback requested from Backyard Grill masters

• I'm finally going to invest in a decent pellet smoker. Online research shows that a Traeger doesn't have as good a reputation as the ads indicate. The stores selling them all report that they (manufacturer) stand behind their product and have great customer service skills. While not trying to dismiss that, I'd rather have a unit that works GREAT and doesn't NEED customer service department to get involved with it once it's in my back yard. I really like the Yoder YS640 for the extra size and higher temps for searing, but for almost 50% more than a Traeger, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Any positive as well as negatives on what you all bought, how you like it, and what features you wish yours had?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I've been using the Green Mountain Daniel Boone grill for 12 years without any problems. It's shaped a little different than the Traeger so it holds more. It'll go up to 500 for searing.

• I bought a Camp Chef from Walmart a couple years ago. My neighbor bought a Traeger a week later, THEY LOOK IDENTICAL,... really, the only thing is the name. Same pellet box, same ager, same size,... side by side, you could not tell the difference. I haven't had any issues with mine but my neighbor has. He hates it and he paid a lot more

• I bought a Camp Chef from Walmart a couple years ago. My neighbor bought a Traeger a week later, THEY LOOK IDENTICAL,... really, the only thing is the name. Same pellet box, same ager, same size,... side by side, you could not tell the difference. I haven't had any issues with mine but my neighbor has. He hates it and he paid a lot more

The camp chef was another choice since it had great reviews and a LOT more reasonably priced

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE