Waaaay off topic - looking for short-term RV rental

• This may be a bit out there, but I'm wondering if anyone has an RV, or a neighbor/friend with an RV, who would be willing to rent for a week in April and/or a couple weeks this summer. Thinking about taking the kids out somewhere (destination TBD), as there's an off chance this (2019) could be our last summer in the States for a while. Big ask, but doesn't hurt to check, right?

• What??? Is there something we should know Commodore

Not yet, just coming up on orders spring of 2020, and there's a chance we'll go overseas. Problem is, we likely wont know that until after summer 2019, so if I want to take the kids anywhere, I have to do it now.

Now, about that RV of yours....

:00008172:

• We rented a "fun mover" once in Richmond Va back in 2002 to go to Sturgis. It was nice but super expensive. It slept four and held four motorcycles. You might have some luck in larger cities with a ton of notice.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I was going to say, I had to rent a trailer for almost 5+ months a few years ago (house being remodeled after flood). Being that insurance paid, it was about $2500/month for a 35ft 5th wheel. But you can rent them for $100-150/night +mileage. Many of the rental companies are really just brokers, renting out private RVs/Trailers for people (that's what mine was). But they can include all towing, set up, clean-out (sewer), Propane, etc so that you just show up and enjoy. Check google, yellow pages, even your local RV dealer and they can put you in touch.

• We rented a "fun mover" once in Richmond Va back in 2002 to go to Sturgis. It was nice but super expensive.

Aaaaaand that's why I'm asking on here first. Rather deal with individuals than companies, and if I can put money in the pocket of a friend or Slingshot brother or sister, I would rather do that.

KayTwo just search RV Rentals by owner there are several sites, I bet pricing would be better than dealers but not 100% sure.

Thanks, I'll look into that before I do a dealer. Issue is (as with a lot of "by owner" sites is that I'm sure it is fully infiltrated by the businesses.

I was going to say, I had to rent a trailer for almost 5+ months a few years ago (house being remodeled after flood). Being that insurance paid, it was about $2500/month for a 35ft 5th wheel. But you can rent them for $100-150/night +mileage. Many of the rental companies are really just brokers, renting out private RVs/Trailers for people (that's what mine was). But they can include all towing, set up, clean-out (sewer), Propane, etc so that you just show up and enjoy. Check google, yellow pages, even your local RV dealer and they can put you in touch.

I will look into that if I can find a private citizen. Like I said above, I would much rather put money in the pocket of one of the Forum on members here, rather than some faceless company.