• I may have missed the introduction area but didn’t see one. Anyway I’m a new member and recently acquired a 2016 SS. I live in Texas, and am looking forward to doing some long multi state rides. Being late 60’s yo, I sold my sport touring bike last year as it became a lot of bike for me and bought a Harley Freewheeler that I did some touring with, but I traded it in on the SS and hope to do more traveling with it. I’m looking forward to doing some of the various regional events and meet new friends. The slingshot community certainly seems to be many nice people that openly share their opinions and experiences with these machines. I’ve had it for 2 weeks and only been able to get out once for a short ride. That will change as the weather moderates.

I have a question about what is recommended for the windshield to help repell rain? I think mine is a tinted Blade. Thanks for any input.

• There are many options and opinions about wind screens. I prefer to look over, have rode bikes since May,1964. I had never even rode behind a wind screen. With the Slingshot I have had the wind screen to fog up at 85 mph on the inter state, with that being said if you cannot see over the wind screen you are in trouble real quick. Welcome to the mad house and we CAN help you spend your money. Just make sure that the credit card is paid up. RIDE SAFE AND WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER DRIVER

• Welcome TxTiger you landed in the right place. We have several vendors here who specialize in windscreens who can help answer your questions and plenty of us who will voice their own opinions. I use a 2015 Stock Blade and have been very happy with it.

Looking forward to meeting you at an event in the future

Don't be surprised if Ross solicits you for photos of your ride. He is the magician who creates our annual calendar.

Be safe

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Welcome to the forum TxTiger . Congratulations on the purchase of your sling. You have joined a great family here and everyone will help you spend your money. Where in Texas are you? There are several local groups of riders near the larger cities. You need to try to make the Hill country event in April. Good times for all.

I use the Novus cleaner from the Harley shop to clean my ripper windscreen. I look over mine so the rain water doesn't affect my vision unless I am ducking down during a monsoon rain like we had in Maggie Valley this last May.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Hi @Tx Tiger There are many great plastic water repellants that are compatible with polycarbonate windshields . The important thing is to choose a windshield polish , specific for Plastic, never a commercial Glass water repellant such as Rain X , they are far too harsh for polycarbonate . Rain x does however make a plastic repellant as well ( shown below) but it is not as easily found as Mothers or the Maquires, I typically use Maquires PlastX because it is readily available in the automotive section in most large retailers. While the best quality polycarbonates will stand up to Windex , Windex with ammonia is never recommended for prolonged use on a polycarbonate windshield by any windshield manufacturer.

Both Novus and Maquires offer plastic restoration kits for older polycarbonate windshields Which are even capable of removing the finest scratches on an older windshields.

Welcome aboard , and if you are ever in the market for an aftermarket windshield please check out our Nascar Styled Windshield available below.

2018-12-12 19_52_16-.png

• Welcome TxTiger. This is a great forum. I somehow stumbled on it by accident googling SS stuff. One of the luckiest things that has ever happened to me. I too was a two wheel rider from nearly birth. Sold my last one a few years ago. Road it 52 miles in two years. We've put over 8 thousand miles on our SS since April and we love it. People on this forum are so helpful and patient with us newbies. The collective knowledge on this forum is awesome. As for your windshield, I am in the same boat as you. I want a bigger one but not sure how big. I want to barely see over window. I am going to Maggie Valley and see all the vendors and I am sure come home with another windshield.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Welcome to the madness. Here in TX as well (San Antonio). I hope you aren't bit by the mod bug... there is no known cure for it.

We sure can help you spend your money on things to do to upgrade your SlingShot. Stick around and you'll see.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Welcome TxTiger. This is a great forum. I somehow stumbled on it by accident googling SS stuff. One of the luckiest things that has ever happened to me. I too was a two wheel rider from nearly birth. Sold my last one a few years ago. Road it 52 miles in two years. We've put over 8 thousand miles on our SS since April and we love it. People on this forum are so helpful and patient with us newbies. The collective knowledge on this forum is awesome. As for your windshield, I am in the same boat as you. I want a bigger one but not sure how big. I want to barely see over window. I am going to Maggie Valley and see all the vendors and I am sure come home with another windshield.

If you are planning on changing the seats wait until you change the seats before buying the wind screen;)

• TxTiger Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity' Mid April 2019 there will be a rally in Kerrville, TX --- lots of good Southern Boys and some Dam Yankee's to terrorize the 'Hill Country' there will be a number of vender there to help you spend your money. But most important you will be able to see in person about every 'windshield' that's out there and probably at minimum sit in the seat behind and if you like my F4 tinted 5+ windshield drive it a little. I should be a sales rep for F4
    https://slingshotroadsters.com/ Kerrville rally

• I look over mine so the rain water doesn't affect my vision unless I am ducking down during a monsoon rain like we had in Maggie Valley this last May.

Good Lord, I remember that ride! When we got back, I could wring water out of my undies.... worst I've ridden in! That said, we'll be there next year!

Welcome TxTiger to the best forum for Slingshots that exists! Great people, willing to help, and some of the best advice you will find on the 'net about the Slingshot! Enjoy!

• welcome to the forum. You are going to love this place and the people you will meet here - - best bunch ever :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thanks for the big welcome everyone, it’s very nice and greatly appreciated. With respect to spending money/mods, I’m not sure what else I could put on this, suspension hasn’t been upgrade but I’m not sure if I that. I’m going to ride it a while and see what I need. I’ve read on trailer hitches and so far can’t find a suspension mounted one that works with the Corbin bags, want to avoid a swing arm unit. I had a hitch on my trike and was nice to pull a utility trailer for all the stuff. I doubt th SS would even feel it.

• Welcome TxTiger !!! And as Ross said, change the shocks/coil overs first. You will not regret it. My wife and I both have JRI three way adjustables but the JRI GTs work well for most people unless you really enjoy aggressive driving like we do. And we are both 64.

• If you are planning on changing the seats wait until you change the seats before buying the wind screen;)

What he said. The different seat options have different heights and can change your viewing angle. I would give it some miles then determine your priorities. It looks like you have a cold air intake and header. If you have a cat delete exhaust (others will recognize yours from the pics - I don't) to go with them, you have the trifecta for low budget N/A (naturally aspirated) horsepower. I see Corbin bags, a top and custom paint or wrap. I'd be surprised if the previous owner did all that and not the shocks but as Ross and dangerdarrell said, do the shocks 1st!

That thing is sick! Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Too bad there's no other riders down there in Tejas! 8o

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)