Security - what do you have

• With the availability of very low cost security systems now available I am curious if any one here has taken advantage of them. I have had a few cameras around and in my home for sometime, but just recently I added 2 more to the front of the house for more complete coverage - under $140 and now my entire front yard is covered.

come in from the east end and we got you

i-g9q7VJp-XL.png

come in from the west and we still got you

i-ksm2wrv-XL.png

and after they get you if you get to the front door we get you again. - all of which are recorded and stored

i-JS4t5kB-XL.jpg

if after that you manage to get inside you will also get filmed there as you are greeted by my boy Bolt

i-VdMDMGm-X2.jpg

So who else here has taken advantage of the very low cost of security cameras that are now available?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bought a new scope for the AR - does that count?

only if your home and then only if you win

• I use all NEST stuff with the facial recognition. Pretty neat so you do not get a notification everyday when the mail person shows up or your significant other, kids, or pet is in the house. The phone app is pretty great also as you can have more than one property on there. I also use a Ring Pro for a doorbell which is also pretty great. I use that with the August Smart Lock which is nice if you get a large package you do not want sitting outside. You can open the door for the delivery person and lock it when they leave. So far none of them have gone inside and taken anything while making a delivery. "Sir here is your son's new power wheels and by the way I'm taking your 70" TV." lol

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I use all NEST stuff with the facial recognition. Pretty neat so you do not get a notification everyday when the mail person shows up or your significant other, kids, or pet is in the house. The phone app is pretty great also as you can have more than one property on there. I also use a Ring Pro for a doorbell which is also pretty great. I use that with the August Smart Lock which is nice if you get a large package you do not want sitting outside. You can open the door for the delivery person and lock it when they leave. So far none of them have gone inside and taken anything while making a delivery. "Sir here is your son's new power wheels and by the way I'm taking your 70" TV." lol

I like the nest products, but I think they charge too much for their cloud service especially considering they charge for additional cameras.

• I like the nest products, but I think they charge too much for their cloud service especially considering they charge for additional cameras.

I agree. When I first started using them when it was still Dropcam I THINK you could have up to 7 cameras. The Ring Pro covers my entire front yard and records 1min segments when someone passes into the set coverage zone so I do not need cloud storage for that but I do have the cloud storage for the back yard, side, and interior cameras. I had tried a few other brands and looked at a few systems my friends are using and at the end of the day the user interface wasn't as good and neither was the coverage or picture quality of the Nest cameras so I bend over for the Nest payments........for now.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I agree. When I first started using them when it was still Dropcam I THINK you could have up to 7 cameras. The Ring Pro covers my entire front yard and records 1min segments when someone passes into the set coverage zone so I do not need cloud storage for that but I do have the cloud storage for the back yard, side, and interior cameras. I had tried a few other brands and looked at a few systems my friends are using and at the end of the day the user interface wasn't as good and neither was the coverage or picture quality of the Nest cameras so I bend over for the Nest payments........for now.

the 2 new cameras I am trying in the front are Guardzilla - never heard of them before, but I found them in the exchange at the 29 Palms Marine base for a great price. right now I am on 1 month free of the storage and after that it is $4.95 a month for all cameras - I am very happy with the picture quality and the coverage - as you can see in my op they easily cover the entire front yard

• I have a front door light and camera by Kuna that I picked up at Sam’s about a year ago. I put in the Ring doorbell and Ring floodlight about a month ago. Love them and only about $3/ mon ea. Moved my Cox camera to the back deck. Don’t have any use for one after they get in. Insurance covers that and I will have multiple pictures/vids of them as they come in.

• I really feel so sorry for those that live where they believe that cameras, alarms and guns are actually needed to keep them safe. :(

Bill

I thought that I would share a very funny side of all of this where the owners of the building where I work decided that they needed to install exterior cameras around the building. A few days later they found that all the cameras had been stolen and nothing else had been harmed and all they had was video of a couple of hooded fellows doing it! :thumbsup:

Bill

• I really feel so sorry for those that live where they believe that cameras, alarms and guns are actually needed to keep them safe. :(

Bill

Do you lock your house? Do you lock your car? Those are security features. Cameras are a deterrent as well. God forbid someone gets in your home, weather you're home or not. Wouldn't you like to know who it was? It goes back to the old saying,... a picture is worth a thousand words. You preach about helmets,... a safety feature,... I feel sorry for people that can't respect others rights to choose!

• Do you carry a spare tire?

Do you own a fire extinguisher?

Do you have smoke detectors in your home?

Do you have home owners insurance?

Better to be prepared than naive, it can happen any where any time.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Do you lock your house? Do you lock your car? Those are security features. Cameras are a deterrent as well. God forbid someone gets in your home, weather you're home or not. Wouldn't you like to know who it was? It goes back to the old saying,... a picture is worth a thousand words

Whoa, there, I didn't mean to offend anybody, I simply expressed my sincere dismay that folks have to live where they sincerely believe that these items are actually needed. I apologize if it was taken in any other way.

Bill

• Are you armed is another one

Obviously he isn't from the comment made.

I HATE wearing a seat belt but since I don't know when the wreck will happen I have to be prepared or suffer the consequences. Paranoid or Prepared? Guess that's up each individual.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Whoa, there, I didn't mean to offend anybody, I simply expressed my sincere dismay that folks have to live where they sincerely believe that these items are actually needed. I apologize if it was taken in any other way.

Bill

"Folks have to live where they sincerely believe that these items are actually needed".

Do you actually believe that you live somewhere that evil can't cross your threshold? Evil exists, whether you choose to be aware of it or not. If you think you are untouchable, you are naive, if not foolish. The camera might deter a thief, but it's really only for evidence after the fact. The gun will not keep you safe, it's only a tool to give you a better chance to remain alive.

I've never needed the insurance for my Slingshot as of yet. I've never needed the camera, gun or fire extinguishers that I own as of yet. There may come a time I do have a need for them and it will be too late if I don't already have them.