Security - what do you have

• I currently have 12 cameras around my property all feeding in to a DVR connected to the cloud, and another 8 i plan on putting up left over from a camera upgrade i did on my other house, for a total of 20.

I use them so i can keep an eye on my property, find my dogs when they are outside and maybe give me a little advance warning if someone tries to enter my property. It also shows me when mail or packages are delivered.

Trust me, if you come on my property without being invited, the cameras are going to be the least "deterrent" you are going to encounter.

IF the cameras, motion lights, alarm system and dogs don't convince someone that this is the wrong house, when you stare down the barrel of my AK47, AR15, Kriss, Tavor, AR15 SBR, .357, .45, 9mm, .32, 38, and lastly my .22. you will truly learn what the words, "I think I f*cked up" mean.

• I live in a semi-rural area that I consider extremely low risk for theft or home invasion. My property is fairly open with a 150 ft long driveway. Anyone coming onto my property is quite visible and exposed, therefore they will likely choose another target. I leave power tools outside on the front porch and in the driveway regularly. I have 3 trailers in the driveway and carport that are not locked up. I rarely lock the barn or shed that contain my tractor, 2 quads and numerous pieces of power equipment. That being said, I have a security camera and am quite armed. So far, I get video of my wife and I coming and going, package deliveries and feral cats walking by as they hunt my fields. But that ONE time that someone decides to target me, if it ever happens, I will have a record, and if I'm home, a defense.

I was the victim of a home attack when I was a younger man where a group of gang-bangers blew every window out of a house I rented with shotguns and neither me, nor my roommates had a single firearm. We all thought we were dead (they did not enter the house). I determined then and there that I would never be in that position again, and I haven't been since. I refuse to be helpless in a world that is armed. That is MY choice and I don't give a rusty rat's ass what laws are passed or what anyone else's opinion is.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My point exactly, is it not a sad situation where our society has degraded to this? Otherwise Justina and I choose to live our lives where fear does not dominate us, that is what I am saying.

Bill

lately it seems that there are people who follow the fedex and ups trucks just waiting to grab whatever they leave on the front porch at peoples homes. having a $65 security camera that deters them from doing this on our porch seems like a reasonable step to take. This does not mean we "live in fear" it means we are not stupid enough to think our home is immune from the possibility of this happening

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I live in a semi-rural area that I consider extremely low risk for theft or home invasion. My property is fairly open with a 150 ft long driveway. Anyone coming onto my property is quite visible and exposed, therefore they will likely choose another target. I leave power tools outside on the front porch and in the driveway regularly. I have 3 trailers in the driveway and carport that are not locked up. I rarely lock the barn or shed that contain my tractor, 2 quads and numerous pieces of power equipment. That being said, I have a security camera and am quite armed. So far, I get video of my wife and I coming and going, package deliveries and feral cats walking by as they hunt my fields. But that ONE time that someone decides to target me, if it ever happens, I will have a record, and if I'm home, a defense.

I was the victim of a home attack when I was a younger man where a group of gang-bangers blew every window out of a house I rented with shotguns and neither me, nor my roommates had a single firearm. We all thought we were dead (they did not enter the house). I determined then and there that I would never be in that position again, and I haven't been since. I refuse to be helpless in a world that is armed. That is MY choice and I don't give a rusty rat's ass what laws are passed or what anyone else's opinion is.

Yes, one of the best things about our front cameras is that we are alerted whenever a package is left by the door - - its also been handy a few times when things were said to have been delivered but were not. We were actually able to track down a package that Amazon said had been delivered, but was actually left at the vacation rental house next door.

heck the front cameras also come it real handy when we are working or playing out back and someone shown up at the front door - - we know they are there before they even have a chance to knock - - :)

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• Something that I have forgot to mention where we are fortunate indeed to have the best type of security there can be had, and money will not buy this system, it is having the good fortune of having good neighbors. Very little happens in this neighborhood that goes unnoticed! :thumbsup:

Bill

• Something that I have forgot to mention where we are fortunate indeed to have the best type of security there can be had, and money will not buy this system, it is having the good fortune of having good neighbors. Very little happens in this neighborhood that goes unnoticed! :thumbsup:

Bill

I appreciate that. And I too have great neighbors, but having said that even if my neighborhood were 100% crime free I would still have the security cameras. They serve many other purposes such as monitoring deliveries. being able to communicate with people at the door even when I am not actually home and the indoor camera allows me to keep an eye on my mother in laws caregivers or my kids when they house sit and also to communicate with them.. even in a 100% secure world it is still nice to be able to look in and reassure myself that nothing has been left on and that the people / caregivers who have said they would look in are in fact looking in and closing things back up when they leave - - - heck I even like looking in just to check on my Bolt dog and say hi :)