Slingshot Owners Group (SOG)

• Wasn’t aware the fine print existed either, didn’t matter, would have signed up regardless. To me the fine print is just protection, it’s the world we live in. Just like the pharmaceutical company that spends the first 15 seconds of their commercial talking about their product and the next minute 45 is CYA. Pretty much on the same page as Texas T ... Believe in the SOG mission, their values, believe in the good folks on the SOG BOD, feel they will be fair, respectful and receptive. For the most part I pretty much have an old school-back woods approach, “a person’s word is good until they prove it isn’t.” I know it's not the wisest or safest, and at times has likely made me look like a fool, but it’s how I choose to live.

• Wasn’t aware the fine print existed either, didn’t matter, would have signed up regardless. To me the fine print is just protection, it’s the world we live in. Just like the pharmaceutical company that spends the first 15 seconds of their commercial talking about their product and the next minute 45 is CYA. Pretty much on the same page as Texas T ... Believe in the SOG mission, their values, believe in the good folks on the SOG BOD, feel they will be fair, respectful and receptive. For the most part I pretty much have an old school-back woods approach, “a person’s word is good until they prove it isn’t.” I know it's not the wisest or safest, and at times has likely made me look like a fool, but it’s how I choose to live.

Living by that 'old school' approach has done me well for at least 70 of the last 74 years.

And in the worst case.... if all works out to be against a person's wishes for the direction of the group in the worst fathomable way..... that person can always just leave the group.

• For the most part Ipretty much have an old school-back woods approach, “a person’s word isgood until they prove it isn’t.” I know it's not the wisest or safest, and at times has likely made me look like a fool, but it’s how I choose to live.

same here, solid foundation with me. . . . . . . . . .

Wasn’t aware the fine print existed either, didn’t matter, would have signed up regardless. To me the fine print is just protection, it’s the world we live in. Just like the pharmaceutical company that spends the first 15 seconds of their commercial talking about their product and the next minute 45 is CYA. Pretty much on the same page as Texas T ... Believe in the SOG mission, their values, believe in the good folks on the SOG BOD, feel they will be fair, respectful and receptive. For the most part I pretty much have an old school-back woods approach, “a person’s word is good until they prove it isn’t.” I know it's not the wisest or safest, and at times has likely made me look like a fool, but it’s how I choose to live.

I pretty much have an old school-back woods approach, “a person’s word is good until they prove it isn’t.” I know it's not the wisest or safest, and at times has likely made me look like a fool, but it’s how I choose to live.

Well said!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Folks, in April of last year, I proposed a Message Board to have discussions of common interest. I was shot down as it would lead members away from our Website Forum to cliques and side groups. I was eaten alive by how only one house can survive. I tucked my tail and receded to my comfort section, Sam Owens Media and Info Section.

This is not what I intended. I will be posting news of the Progress! Watch for my Newspaper reports!

• Folks, in April of last year, I proposed a Message Board to have discussions of common interest. I was shot down as it would lead members away from our Website Forum to cliques and side groups. I was eaten alive by how only one house can survive. I tucked my tail and receded to my comfort section, Sam Owens Media and Info Section.

This is not what I intended. I will be posting news of the Progress! Watch for my Newspaper reports!

SOG is NOT a message board or forum. As you may have read in the previous posts.

Please help me understand the House Divided, how SOG member Code of Conduct would lead to less posting, how it is SlingshotInfo vs. Slingshot Owners Group? I've seen and responded to the concerns posted, did I miss something?

• SOG is NOT a message board or forum. As you may have read in the previous posts.

Please help me understand the House Divided, how SOG member Code of Conduct would lead to less posting, how it is SlingshotInfo vs. Slingshot Owners Group? I've seen and responded to the concerns posted, did I miss something?

I withdrew my Post. Will see how things develop.

• Like I posted with my Message Board idea, if you take our members away from our website, they can not be in two places. I abandoned the idea and saw what folks were telling me. Now I see taking members to a new location is OK. I am just displaying my feelings of concern with anything that moves members from anything other than our Forum. To me this is a competition. Anytime there is another exit from our site is another place that they can not be viewing and posting on our Forum. I just want to display my feelings from my point of view!

I probably have not made our mission and vision crystal clear in previous posts, I apologize. Our mission is to grow and educate. Grow the Slingshot community and educate owners. We have a vision to do this as a not-for-profit and through introducing this forum to owners as a place for camaraderie and education. We have not built a website nor are we using social media outlets to take people away from the forum - exactly the opposite is true.

When it comes to this forum we are trying to do exactly what so many of us do everytime we meet a new rider that asks questions about the Slingshot ... get them to the number one place for information and friendships. We are not creating another platform to discuss the same or new topics.

I do not see SOG as a message board nor a forum and thus will not compete for folks forum time.

I greatly appreciate that you have shared your concern - hopefully I have alleviated your concern. If not. I look forward to continuing this discussion with you so that if there are opportunities for SOG to be better that we can improve and to alleviate any other concerns you may have

• Ross - I joined this morning. My due diligence was nothing more than reading 7-8 posts on the subject. I did so not because I need more than this forem has to offer or because this great place is lacking in some way. I just thought it would be yet another likeminded place to go. I do believe you are finding out that you can’t be all things to all people. You have shown great patience and concern for all in your discourse.

That we all ride SS and / or motorcycles sets us apart. We are, for better or worse, a breed apart. Tenacity is in our blood.

May I suggest you just declare yourself Benevolent Dictator of SOG and march on!😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎