Slingshot Owners Group (SOG)

• i do have one but your post has reminded me that with everything going on, I have not purchased holiday cards yet .... suppose I should do something about that

I'm cheap so I printed my own??? I do a few Christmas cards form the after Christmas sales.... Post cards cheaper to send...

• Slingshot Owners Group - Mission and Vision

This is the heart and soul of SOG. Our Mission. I must admit we have a Board of Directors (BOD) meeting in just a few days and while the Executive Board (EBOD) has approved our initial Mission, there may be slight changes to what I have below but I expect that fundamentally it will not change.

Mission: To grow a Polaris Slingshot community that supports Slingshot owners and promotes education and activities beneficial to said owners.

As important as the Mission is and as much as it is the heart and soul of the work we do, it is our Vision that guides us. Our Vision puts our boots on the ground and our best foot forward.

Vision: As a not-for profit organization, we will strive to grow a stronger community that:

1. Places individual owners as a priority,

2. Strives to help educate owners with information and expertise without monetary charge or further commitment - to pay-it-forward, so to speak, in hopes of promoting same,

3. Supports and promotes camaraderie through affordable organized events across the county,

4. Supports owner innovators through the promotion of their ideas and products,

5. Creates an atmosphere of sharing knowledge and experience, and

6. Supports charitable giving and community well-being.

The combination of our Mission and Vision is what will make SOG successful. It is where the boots meet the ground.

Let's get into this - just briefly for now but more as the discussions continue ...

1. Not-for-profit. This is huge for the founders and our BOD. Being not-for-profit means we can focus on serving members not chasing profits or increasing revenue. Don't read this the wrong way - we still have operating expenses every month and have to have a way to pay our bills but SOG is not here to take the last penny out of your pocket. Placing individual owners as a priority.
    2. Grow a Polaris Slingshot Community. Community - being friends and not just members. Supporting one another inside and outside of the Polaris Slingshot world. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter - those aren't Communities they are applications - like a game, if you like to play that kind of game, then you will like the application.
    3. Educate Owners with Information and Expertise and Creating an Atmosphere of Sharing Knowledge and Experience. That's slingshotinfo.com. When the founding members began to talk about the idea of SOG, the forum, this forum, was the one thing we were 100% positive that we did not want to change. We love it the way it is. Where else can you find every bit of information you could want to know about the Slingshot? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, any other forum - no way, now how. SOG supports this forum - no question if you become a member of SOG, you'll find us promoting this forum. Our growth our Mission and our Vision include the slingshotinfo.com forum and that's why from the very beginning we have included rabtech in our discussions. Without the support from rabtech none of us would be here like we are.
    4. Pay-It-Forward. You've seen it here on the forum. You may have even been part of it. The act of giving to someone for no other reason than the pure joy experienced by the receiver is absolutely incredible. SOG wants to inspire all members to Pay-It-Forward - whether monetary donations, or time helping someone install a product, or a gift, or taking the time out of a busy day to call a friend just to brighten their day, etc.
    5. Supports & Promote Camaraderie Through Affordable Organized Events Across the County. After the forum's ability to bring two strangers together as friends, events are probably the next best way to accomplish it. Who hasn't met someone at an event - maybe they weren't even part of the forum - but you met, went on a ride, talked about Slingshots over a quick snack or fuel fill-up and now your similar love for the Slingshot has made you friends. We are planning events - not a bunch - slow at first. We want events at places you haven't been - experiences you haven't had - places you may have only dreamed of. Give us time - you'll like what we pull off.
    6. Supports Owner Innovators Through the Promotion of Their Ideas and Products. I have to say, the owner innovators come out with the best products. Sure you can get some stuff at the big box stores but when it doesn't last or doesn't quite fit or isn't exactly how it should have been done - can you really be surprised? Outstanding customer service with impeccable quality is the calling card of the innovators. These are the folks that really add the pizzazz to our Slingshots. They usually have other jobs but their passion and their ability shine through in their products. These are the folks we want to support - these are the folks that make the stuff that makes your Slingshot great.
    7. Supports Charitable Giving and Community Well-Being. SOG was created as a not-for-profit and the SOG BOD supports local and national charities. We want to create ways where we can share even more.

I hope that gives you a little more insight to the Slingshot Owners Group. SOG will work hard everyday to earn your membership.

• Alright, let's start with questions - what do you want to know?

If you don't have questions, let's hear what you are hoping for from an organization like SOG?

When Club Slingshot came out there was a lot of disappointment from some folks but not much of what they actually thought it should be. SOG is membercenteric and you have the full attention of the BOD.

Don't pull any punches and the sky is the limit .... and go

• Just a statement from my perspective.

The SS it'self and this forum are the common threads that brought us all together. This is the one watering hole that we all visit to keep up with all that is going on EVERYWHERE! There are many other sites on social media for more localized groups of Slingers and there seems to be more coming every day. Each one is it's own way takes people away from this site claiming a portion of their time that they commit to social media on a daily basis. I understand that you intend to keep using this forum and applaud you for doing so. We need to always remember where we came from and keep our eye on the ball moving forward. We the people are the strength of this forum and it will be the people that make or break S.O.G. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Our intent is to not take away from this forum!

But instead we are trying to creat a space that connects as many different social networking communities and helps them find this place.

The SOG was not created as a rival to Slingshotinfo.com, but an enhancement to it.

The SOG website is not forum based.

• Thanks FunCycle. I hope to start putting way more miles on the SS when the weather warms up. As for SOG, I also see it as an enhancement to this forum. I don't have any particular ideas for SOG at the moment, but I like the connections part of it. I've only met one other SS owner here in Albuquerque - I'm hopeful there will be more.

• Ok, Let me clarify the new site's mission as it was described to me. The way I understand this new site to work is that they will have free events that are built around helping smaller vendors. Smaller vendors and product developers can not afford to display there merchandise at the events now due to large fees involved in setting up booths at the current events. SOG is the link to bring these vendors to the new events that will be coming up in the future.

One of the most important aspects of how the SOG website ties to this forum is that All the "forum" and " discussion" and "help" and "how to" and "general information" will be here on this site. They will use hyperlinks to transport you to this site for the vendors product install information and discussion on other topics. That also brings up some other new news. Each vendor on the SOG must be a vendor on this site. This is so that each vendor has a place to discuss their product (as I mentioned earlier about the discussion about the info being here) and so that our members can see the installs and help if needed. Basically If you want to bring your product to the SOG page so that you can participate in the events offered by SOG you must be a vendor here. Im not sure how that will be implemented by SOG but this step would be important to keep vendors here and to keep the product discussion flowing and growing.

Product developers and smaller vendors should be the very happy with this new site because from my understanding and communication with Ross and Slingrazor that is what the SOG website was designed around. At no point should their be a forum environment on the other site because we have that here. The SOG site should never be a competitor to this sites traffic. If what I was told is correct then I should see an increase in my daily traffic as people find the new site via SOG's advertising methods on other media channels such as Facebook. When someone comes to the SOG site to see what events they have planned or what smaller vendors have on the market they will need to click links to bring them to this site for the product info and event discussion.

It will be awesome if I am correct and we keep the information here and the vendor info here on this site. If everything I was told holds true then I think everyone can see why I am ok with the new site. It should bring even more members to this site. And it will bring more vendors to this site as I mentioned above.

I am going to copy this post to a new thread and add a Thread title so members can find it easier and understand how the new site ties into this site.

Thanks

rabtech

• Our intent is to not take away from this forum!

But instead we are trying to creat a space that connects as many different social networking communities and helps them find this place.

The SOG was not created as a rival to Slingshotinfo.com, but an enhancement to it.

The SOG website is not forum based.

That answer my question, thanks. I thought it was merging or changing.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: