Slingshot Owners Group (SOG)

• Who knows, my mother in law lives with us and is on hospice so right now any trips of more than a day or two are all on hold - cant really leave her alone

All the best to her, you and your lovely bride. Having just gone through this I know how difficult it is. All you want is for your loved one is to be at peace. When it is your mother, well, there is no one closer to you than her. I admire and respect everyone who cares for their parents. It's what everyone should do. She's in my prayers.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• All the best to her, you and your lovely bride. Having just gone through this I know how difficult it is. All you want is for your loved one is to be at peace. When it is your mother, well, there is no one closer to you than her. I admire and respect everyone who cares for their parents. It's what everyone should do. She's in my prayers.

thank you :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ahh, I thought it was assistance from other members of the group, like a listing of addresses or GPS positions or something. Didn't realize you were talking about commercial assistance.

As much as I would like to see something member based I think the logistics become complex and the liabilities far too great for the expectations that a user could have.

• As much as I would like to see something member based I think the logistics become complex and the liabilities far too great for the expectations that a user could have.

Again, I'm not explaining myself well. I misinterpreted that service to be base of group members, who could be called upon for assistance if there was a problem on a road trip, or call upon for a report on local conditions, or just to get a group together to go on a ride. You know, instead of sending a mass email that someone was broken down on the side of the road. This way, there might be something available to contact people who are in the area instead of sending it to the whole mailing group.

• Again, I'm not explaining myself well. I misinterpreted that service to be base of group members, who could be called upon for assistance if there was a problem on a road trip, or call upon for a report on local conditions, or just to get a group together to go on a ride. You know, instead of sending a mass email that someone was broken down on the side of the road. This way, there might be something available to contact people who are in the area instead of sending it to the whole mailing group.

Ohhh no, I understand completely and still have it written down as something to try. Here's the problems I have since the "service" will directly reflect on the SOG....

• Can we get enough knowledgeable people involved - for example, I think there's only one guy on here from Wisconsin
    • As a "service" offered by SOG how do we eliminate our liability if things don't go well
    • How do we keep the information up-to-date without spending tons of hours each month in tracking down volunteers
    • How do we fill in the gaps for the rural areas
    • What limits will the volunteers set for hours and availability and skill set and will those limits help or hinder the "service"
    • How do we protect the volunteer information from being misused or abused

I like the idea because I think folks here are better equipped and more knowledgeable than most. I'm just struggling of how to make it successful and at this early stage of birth and development for SOG I'm not sure it is the low hanging fruit that can make the most difference for the most members

• Many of us have been members of other Motorcycle groups... As a member of the Gold Wing Road Riders Association we had the "Gold Book" which was a list of all the members, address, phone #'s, and how one could help (place to camp, tools to help, trailer to get you off the road) this was strictly volunteer. I've been gathering some of that info on my own so if I'm neer Madison, WI I know a young lady that would get me a cup of Coffee smilie.gif

• Many of us have been members of other Motorcycle groups... As a member of the Gold Wing Road Riders Association we had the "Gold Book" which was a list of all the members, address, phone #'s, and how one could help (place to camp, tools to help, trailer to get you off the road) this was strictly volunteer. I've been gathering some of that info on my own so if I'm need Madison, WI I know a young lady that would get me a cup of Coffee smilie.gif

Your little black book of Slingers has been in the corner of my mind since the first day I saw you with it

• Having the 'list' of volunteers on the web sight we would want it to be a page that would have limited access. I'm sure that possible, I just don't know how to make it such. Yes you would have vast open spaces, but not every one in every little town wants one of these crazy machines.
  • Many of us have been members of other Motorcycle groups... As a member of the Gold Wing Road Riders Association we had the "Gold Book" which was a list of all the members, address, phone #'s, and how one could help (place to camp, tools to help, trailer to get you off the road) this was strictly volunteer. I've been gathering some of that info on my own so if I'm neer Madison, WI I know a young lady that would get me a cup of Coffee smilie.gif

THAT'S exactly what I'm talking about, Ross . I think it's an easy one to remove liability from. You just say, "this is a database, nothing more, and no one on here is obligated to use it or respond to it. Use at your own risk. This product is not sanctioned by SOG, just gathered in one place as a service to membership." And obviously, technical help would be dependent on a person's skill, but most of the time we're talking about a pick up on the edge of the highway, or a tow, or something. Agree it might not be the highest priority for a lot of us, but at some point it would be cool to have. I can think of a handful of times that this form has come in handy to get assistance on the road, but it generally takes a mass message going out, and then someone who happens to see it has to tag someone else whom they know to live in that area, or call them or whatever. Just kind of clunky. And concur it wouldn't work in all areas...but the bigger SOG gets, the better a tool it becomes.

• THAT'S exactly what I'm talking about, Ross . I think it's an easy one to remove liability from. You just say, "this is a database, nothing more, and no one on here is obligated to use it or respond to it. Use at your own risk. This product is not sanctioned by SOG, just gathered in one place as a service to membership." And obviously, technical help would be dependent on a person's skill, but most of the time we're talking about a pick up on the edge of the highway, or a tow, or something. Agree it might not be the highest priority for a lot of us, but at some point it would be cool to have. I can think of a handful of times that this form has come in handy to get assistance on the road, but it generally takes a mass message going out, and then someone who happens to see it has to tag someone else whom they know to live in that area, or call them or whatever. Just kind of clunky. And concur it wouldn't work in all areas...but the bigger SOG gets, the better a tool it becomes.

And not every body needs Coffee, some may want beer stien.gif