Slingshot Owners Group (SOG)

Hope there will be others on this side of the country

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I used my real name and they still let me in!

I'm on the left coast but not in the Republic of California. Does that count?

only if you are close enough to go on rides with

• KayTwo I'll bring you a good phone so you can navigate the forum easier. :P

That kinda hurt a little. I'm typing this as I eat a sausage biscuit and drink a Mountain Dew and im driving 80 on the interstate. All while pulling a travel trailer full of small children. =O

rabtech , wasn't trying to be hurtful. I don't personally have too many issues. And the issue pre-dates the transition to the new forum.... Whenever there is a push to get people to sign up for the map, there is always a handful of folks who say they can't use it or can't figure it out. Plus, you are always going to have a certain percentage of the constituency who just doesn't want to play. That's all I was saying. Make it mandatory.

On a separate note... Where you taking all those kids? LOL

• Ross , when do you foresee the section about "Get Help On the Road" going active? I think it is a great idea... That is one of the weaknesses of this forum right here, is that the map relies on voluntary information supplied by each member, and it isn't necessarily easy-to-navigate on a handheld device. Makes it kind of hard to network, especially from the road. If you make the address a part of the sign up process for SOG, then it would be a nearly complete listing of all the members of the group.

That is a personal 2019 goal for me with SOG.

It's going to happen in two phases with the first phase starting in January. Phase 1 is for members to tell us about great servicing dealers. We'll reach out to those dealers to see if they would like to be listed on our website at a small price.

Phase 2 in my mind includes either free or with a minimal membership fee access to 24/7/365 roadside assistance. This will be the hard part - having enough membership to drive a reasonable cost to SOG without members having to pay a fee is where we want to start. Additionally, we have pretty high standards on what roadside assistance really means so finding a vendor that can meet our requirements will be a challenge.

In the end the more members the more we can offer

• Sounds like somebody likes Google Earth!

I love Google Earth...

Just the map program on my computer.... As a residential painting contractor --- this time of year got toooooo much time on my hands. Do spend some of it planning some vacation time for Florida in Jan and Texas in Apr...

• Ahh, I thought it was assistance from other members of the group, like a listing of addresses or GPS positions or something. Didn't realize you were talking about commercial assistance.

• A beautiful scenic 1129.7 miles/24 hr 18 min --- ride sounds like fun to me... I'd have to add another 2,500 miles to meet up with you'll

I have talked with my wife about taking the coast route up that way in the past, but not straight through. I dont like driving that long at one time and I would like to stop and stay in different places along the way I havent planned it out, but thinking around 5 hours a day would be good. first stop Pismo then perhaps San Francisco. not sure where after that, but one of these days we will figure it out :)

• I have talked with my wife about taking the coast route up that way in the past, but not straight through. I dont like driving that long at one time and I would like to stop and stay in different places along the way I havent planned it out, but thinking around 5 hours a day would be good. first stop Pismo then perhaps San Francisco. not sure where after that, but one of these days we will figure it out :)

My nephew from up here in Washington just completed his doctorate and moved down to Pasadena. When he was asked where he was from he said 'up north', to which the other person replied, 'you mean San Francisco?' I'm not sure people down realize there's 2 more states north of California. But you do I'm sure. The trip up 101 is definitely worthwhile.:thumbup:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My nephew from up here in Washington just completed his doctorate and moved down to Pasadena. When he was asked where he was from he said 'up north', to which the other person replied, 'you mean San Francisco?' I'm not sure people down realize there's 2 more states north of California. But you do I'm sure. The trip up 101 is definitely worthwhile.:thumbup:

yes I am well aware of the states, over the years I have heard a great deal about the beauty of 101, especially north of San Francisco and the Oregon coast - its on the bucket list, but not sure if it will be driving or train - A family car on the Starlight is also something we have talked about, Who knows, my mother in law lives with us and is on hospice so right now any trips of more than a day or two are all on hold - cant really leave her alone

As a side note I grew up in Arcadia which is right next to Pasadena, lived there for almost 30 years

• Hwy 101 and Hwy 1 along the California-Oregon Coast is BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL! I did it from Los Angeles to Florence Oregon quite a few years ago. Definitely something to do in the SlingShot, especially if you're not in a hurry. Plenty of stops and views along the way. My biggest problem was wanting to look at everything while driving and not keeping my eyes on the road.