Slingshot Owners Group (SOG)

• It's time to introduce you fine folks to the Slingshot Owners Group.

We've all probably talked about it since the first day thinking about a Slingshot. How do I get more info? Where can I find other owners? What cool products are available in the aftermarket and how do I install them?

You find a post on Facebook, Instagram, or even a forum and you learn about a rally - an event where other owners are going to be with group rides and vendors showing their products. You clear your calendar and you go the event - you have a great time meeting the people you only knew online, you see some great products, and you go on some group rides. You really connect with some of the folks you met and you continue to communicate with them about your Slingshot and the new products you see become available.

The next year, you go to the event but it's just not the same. There's even more friends you have made and the atmosphere has changed somehow but the rides just aren't what they were last year. You can't quite put your finger on it but it isn't as awesome as it was.

Well those same conversations happened in the summer of 2018 with a bunch of friends in the corner of a parking lot at an event. Now, these friends were only brought together through ownership and participation in a community focused on the Slingshot but their conversation turned into how to solve the problem. Creating an organization for members and by members was the solution, an organization that ...

• puts owners first and is not-for-profit
    • is dedicated to owners
    • helps get more owners involved
    • supports small owner vendors and their innovative products
    • holds affordable events
    • is staffed by owners and enthusiasts

It didn't take long for the group to grow. It grew in ideas and it grew in participation until the not-for-profit Slingshot Owners Group was born. Hours of planning turned into days and days to weeks and weeks to months until here we are today, your Slingshot Owners Group (SOG) Board of Directors, bringing to you the best of the Slingshot community.

President - Ross H. aka Ross

Vice President - Trent A. aka Slingrazor

Vice President - Jim H. aka Painter

Treasurer - Jim C. aka SlingRider

Secretary - Darrell B. aka dangerdarrell

Al M. aka Nemesis1701

Anita K. aka adventure4me

Brody K. aka bjk81

Danna F. aka DKF Texas

Erica S. aka ericastar76

Joe D. aka Jdin

Mitch S. aka MACAWS

More about our Mission, Vision, and future in our next post

• Ross

Changed the title of the thread from “Slingshot Owner Group (SOG)” to “Slingshot Owners Group (SOG)”.
  • Ross

Approved the thread.
  • Brothers and Sisters. You are the people we've been following. The people with vision. Show us the way.

There's no Koolaid involved, right?

Right. Ross my offer stands unconditionally. You all rock!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Brothers and Sisters. You are the people we've been following. The people with vision. Show us the way.

There's no Koolaid involved, right?

Right. Ross my offer stands unconditionally. You all rock!

• :00000441::00000441:

• In for the ride and happy to help if there is ever a void.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Ross , when do you foresee the section about "Get Help On the Road" going active? I think it is a great idea... That is one of the weaknesses of this forum right here, is that the map relies on voluntary information supplied by each member, and it isn't necessarily easy-to-navigate on a handheld device. Makes it kind of hard to network, especially from the road. If you make the address a part of the sign up process for SOG, then it would be a nearly complete listing of all the members of the group.